july 16, 2011
Five Cat-tastic Actions to Help Felines
MORE SHARING SERVICES
Cats depend on us for everything they need—food, fresh water, a clean litter box, affection … and, well, it doesn't stop there. Even if you don't have a furry companion, felines everywhere need our help in a variety of ways. PETA presents you with five cattastic actions that you can take to help your feline friends:
1. As long as breeders continue to churn out kittens and puppies and irresponsible people choose not to spay or neuter their animals, animal shelters will have to do society's heartbreaking dirty work and put millions of healthy cats (and dogs) to death every year. Do your part by pledging to end animal homelessness!
2. Learn about your feline's body language tips to help you better understand the messages that your cat is sending you.
3. Take 10 seconds to urge the University of Michigan (U-M) to stop tormenting cats in unnecessary, cruel, and deadly medical-training exercises. U-M already uses state-of-the-art human-patient simulators to teach the same skills in other courses for nurses and physicians—take action now and urge U-M to go cruelty-free in all its training courses!
4. Participate in "Caturday" on Twitter! All you have to do to get in on the fun is tweet @PETA an image of your feline companion with the hashtag #Caturday, and be sure to keep a look out for any retweets mentioning your furry friend.
5. Spread the word about helping felines on Facebook!
And remember: The most important point of all is to adopt, not shop, for a furry companion. If you're looking for a feline friend, you don't have to look any further than your local animal shelter. To learn more about other purrfect actions that you can take for your feline friends (and animals everywhere), be sure to join PETA's Action Team!