http://www.vegangoods.com
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

Masculin Nombre de messages : 19987

MessageSujet: Re: Veganism / veganismo / véganisme   Sam 15 Jan - 5:32

Tattoo artist in Hollywood allows vegans to get inked the animal friendly way
Hayley Marie Norman on 12/13/2010 09:44:00 AM |

While walking to my car after a delicious vegan meal at Flore cafe last week, I spy'd (I could have said noticed but spy'd sounds much more fun and fancy. Deal with it. ) an advertisement in front of the restaurant for vegan tattoos. Yes. Vegan tattoos. Being not just a vegan but also a tattoo lover myself, my interest was obviously piqued. You see, for some reason it never occurred to me that my tattoos weren't vegan. And yet, it made so much sense. How could the rest of my life be vegan and yet, when I went to go get freshly inked, not even consider the possibilities? I had so many questions. The only thing to do was go straight to said vegan tattoo artist aka James Spooner, and ask away. Much to my excitement, a quick google search confirmed that he's a pretty cool dude. Not only a vegan tattoo artist, Mr. Spooner is also an acclaimed documentary filmmaker and founder of a popular bike riding movement here in Los Angeles that has helped get more people on bikes. Considering the fact that this is a website geared toward both green initiatives and vegetarianism, I think he might just be our new best friend. Nice!

I read you've been a vegan yourself for 20 years. What inspired you to make this dietary change?

JS: I was 16, living in NYC. I had a couple of veggie and vegan friends from the punk scene but the year before I was making fun of them for their choices. Then I started getting political. I was being challenged by my favorite bands, Struggle, Downcast, Drop Dead, Frail, and the like to think about feminism, privilege, recreational drug use and animal rights. I remember hearing a 16 second song by Drop Dead blurting out some stat about how many animals are tortured for one experiment or the other. At some point it all just clicked for me. I didn't feel I could be a feminist or support the liberation of gays or even my own black people if I didn't also include animal welfare in my personal agenda. So literally, one day I ate a plate of baby back ribs and the next I became vegan. No baby steps, no lacto-ovo, it was all or nothing for me. I was 16, isn't that how we all think? Been Vegan with no intentional slips ups since.

How did you get into tattooing?

JS: I was a filmmaker, doing my thing for a good 5 to 7 years. Sometime in that last year I realized I didn't love it anymore. I hadn't loved it in a while. I'm a punk rocker. I've believed ever since I was a kid we were put on this planet to enjoy ourselves. So with a little bit of foot dragging, I stopped taking jobs, stopped referring to myself as a filmmaker and started twiddling my thumbs trying to figure out what to do next.

I had a baby on the way and was really into building fixies, so I figured I would live on unemployment, make bikes for a little extra cash and take care of my newborn for a while. One of the guys I met at the bike co-op recognized me from my film life and we ultimately became friends. It turned out he was a tattooer and because he knew I had follow through and wasn't a bullshitter, he gave me the push I needed to get my toe in the water. He didn't have the resources to follow through with a complete apprenticeship but he watched me do my first few tattoos and guided me here and there as I stumbled though the first few months.

Mostly I just kept at it, drew every day, did a lot of research and eventually found a group of people who could teach me the right way. It wasn't easy in any regard. Tattooing is an industry that doesn't want you. But I fought to be included and have finally found a home.

When did you decide to make your tattooing coincide with the rest of your lifestyle? Obviously, it seems like a natural convergence, but what was the impetus, if you remember an exact moment, for making your work vegan as well?

JS: I actually do. I met a woman who was planning to fly to Portland to get tattooed at the vegan shop up there. I thought to myself, that's crazy. I need to get some vegan ink. Then I did some research and found out that lucky me, all but one of my bottles already was vegan. I just lucked out and bought the right ones. So once I found that out, I figured I'd just go all the way. All or nothing right?

I think a lot of people don't even know that tattoos can be vegan or aren't already. What makes your tattoos vegan?

JS: I use inks made with vegetable glycerine as opposed to the animal based variety. Most of the popular brands use veggie stuff so there isn't a lot of compromise in quality there. The main thing with ink is blacks. A lot of companies use Shellac in there ink, which is some kind of bug excrement. I'm not sure which orifice it comes out of, but either way I cool without it. Some crazy companies still use bone char in their black so that is also something to look out for.

The other things to think about are all the ointments, soaps, and aftercare used. I've read that the industry standard green soap uses an animal based glycerine. I use Dr. Bronners, which is making waves in the industry, I hear they are even showing up to tattoo conventions now. I also am phasing out all petroleum products, which contain all kinds of lanolin and junk like that. I'm currently trying a few different products to see which I like best, but I've got a couple of options I am digging right now. There is also stuff like the gelatin strip on the razor or the stencil paper. When you're trying to make it vegan you might as well think of everything right? As for aftercare, right now I'm suggesting Merry Hempsters or Black Cat Salve, both of which contain no animal products. There is a lot of stuff to think about, but once you've thought of it, it's no big deal. Kind of like going vegan in the first place.

Would you say that vegan tattoos eliminate some of these health risks? If so, what are some of the health benefits of choosing a vegan tattoo over a regular tattoo? A lot of people have been commenting recently on the dangers of tattoos. We even posted an article on this website last week about some possible health concerns. What are your thoughts on this?

JS: There is no regulation on ink, so you kind of have to take the manufacturers word on it. BUT regardless of what's in the ink, people have been getting tattooed for thousands of years and most people live to tell the tale.

Is there a difference in appearance with regular tattoos vs. vegan tattoos? Is a vegan tattoo more likely to fade?

JS: There is no difference. A lot of the best tattooers in the world use vegan ink already and don't even know it or care. As I mentioned before, with the exception of the color black, a great deal of reputable companies are already doing it veggie style. Its all the other stuff that goes into the procedure that really makes it vegan or not.

Faded tattoos usually occur because of age, poor aftercare, a crappy tattooer, or some mixture of the 3.

Truth be told, the industry is steadily moving away from suggesting petroleum based aftercare because it clogs pores, slows healing, and has been known to draw ink out. We are recognizing, as usual, that plant based products are better for us. Though I am the only vegan tattooer at my shop, the whole staff is getting behind carrying vegan aftercare products for just this reason.

One of the deterrents for people when choosing a healthier lifestyle, such as veganism, is the worry that these foods are more costly. Often this does not have to be the case. As far as tattooing is concerned, is a vegan tattoo more expensive than a traditional tattoo?

JS: I don't charge any more than the industry standard for my procedure. It does cost me a little more to do it veggie because Vaseline costs a dollar for a tub and the stuff I use costs about 10 bucks for the same stuff, but that tub will last me a few months so I don't mind spending the extra 9 dollars. However, because our shop is pretty much all custom and most of our clients get multi-session pieces we typically charge below the industry standard. I charge $125 an hour and cut deals for really big work. So you could say in my case that a vegan tattoo is less expensive then a non vegan one.

Aside from being a tattoo artist, you're an accomplished documentary filmmaker. Can you tell us a little bit more about that passion?

JS: I made a documentary called Afro-Punk. It kick started a black alternative movement, which is largest in NYC but has pockets around the country and, as its been told to me, a lot of young black people feel a lot more comfortable with their lifestyle choices because of it. It worked for me.

Can you tell us a bit more about your other passion Black Kids on Bikes? How did this come about? How would one go about joining one of the rides?

JS: Black kids on bikes came in between filmmaking and tattooing. I was going on those organized bike rides like Crank Mob and such and while it was great fun to ride with so many kids I couldn't help but notice that there were a disproportionate amount of black people on these rides. Yes there were a few, but when you're rolling with 700 people there should be more than a few . So I decided to organize a ride for black kids, like myself. Other people are welcome of course, but I was focused on getting black riders together and maybe even more so getting more black people on bikes. So there you have it. I made some flyers and some spoke cards and by the second ride there were 30 plus black faces rolling deep, then 50. It fluctuates in size - some months its more some times its less - but it's always a great time. I don't organize the rides as much as I would like to anymore but it's self sustaining so I would say it's a success. We meet the last Sunday of every month at noon. You have to join the Facebook page to find out where the start point is because that changes every month. And as you might expect from slacker black punk rockers we usually don't get the info out until a couple of days before. But you can count on it happening. The Facebook url is http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6188689663

Between being a vegan tattoo artist, the creator of a movement with Afro-Punk, and the founder of Black Kids on Bikes, how does it feel to be so damn awesome? Smile

JS: Haha. Don't forget being a dad. Sounds cheesy but creating an awesome kid is pretty friggin rad too (and yes she is veggie too). Seriously though, I owe everything to the DIY punk rock spirit. It's that youth movement that taught me if you want something you just have to do it. No excuses. But thanks for the compliment and the chance to share.

If people want to get a vegan tattoo, how can they contact you?

JS: I'm at TIMELESS TATTOO in Hollywood. 738 N. Vine St. (off Melrose). (323) 461-1233 I'm there Mon- Wed and Sat OR just email me Spoonertattoos@gmail.com and hey I have a Facebook too facebook.com/JamesSpooner. Holler!

Sounds like a vegan and cruelty free tattoo is definitely the way to go! Can't wait to get one myself. See you all at Timeless Tattoo!

saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Veganism / veganismo / véganisme   Sam 15 Jan - 5:34

Vegan Tattoo Ink

As a stockist of Stable Tattoo Inks, when buying your Stable Blood Red ink from us 100% of the proceeds from the sale will go directly to aids charities:

“The Blood Red Project exists to help those suffering from HIV/AIDS and its effects on their lives, communities, and our society as a whole. The Blood Red Project consists of partnerships between Stable Color / Workhorse Irons and various HIV/AIDS related organizations world wide. These partnerships are funded by the sale of Stable Color’s Blood Red tattoo ink. 100% of Blood Red ink sales go directly to these partnerships and their efforts to combat HIV/AIDS.”

Fresh from the USA, we are now stocking Stable Inks.

Stable inks have been specially developed for the highest quality and workability. From eye catching solid fields, to subtle muted tones and delicate pastel hues, these tattoo inks are created for high flexibility to achieve the results you desire.

Stable inks also contain 99.9% pure glycerin, which is vegan safe. Joe Capobianco uses Stable Ink:

Posted by JOE on 08/06/04

Hey there, I’ve been using the Stable colors, with my own stuf for a few months now, with pretty good results. I’ve been mixing my own powders for about 5 years now. I use both Spaulding, and National powders. As for skin tones I use brown mixed with lotus pink, ussually mixed right in the machine, while dipping cup to cup. I also have a pre mix, which is brown, lavander, and white. Again certain tone are acheived, by dipping during the tattoo. Hard to explain without an example.

created: 02/10/08 (updated 24/08/10)
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Veganism / veganismo / véganisme   Sam 15 Jan - 5:36

january 5, 2011

Urban Decay Jewellery Temporary Tattoo Kit

http://health-and-beauty.become.co.uk/urban-decay-jewellery-temporary-tattoo-kit--compare-prices--sc343145596
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Veganism / veganismo / véganisme   Lun 17 Jan - 13:33

sitio de veganismo :

http://conciencia-activa.forospanish.com/
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Veganism / veganismo / véganisme   Lun 17 Jan - 17:41

site sur la protection des animaux avec des photos chocantes :

http://pantitia.blog.mongenie.com/index.php?p_a=page&p_code=adult
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Veganism / veganismo / véganisme   Lun 17 Jan - 17:46

14 janvier 2005

faux tatouages au hénné :

http://forum.arcahenna.com/
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Veganism / veganismo / véganisme   Lun 17 Jan - 17:55

12 de enero de 2011

sitio sobre el veganismo

http://mexicanvegan.blogspot.com/
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Veganism / veganismo / véganisme   Jeu 20 Jan - 8:43

12 décembre 2010

Vivre vegan au quotidien : un petit guide introductif
Comment vivre vegan au quotidien ? Est-ce simple ? Comment se débrouiller ? Voici quelques petits points pratiques devant permettre de s'y retrouver.

Le plus simple est déjà de s'orienter par rapport à trois aspects principaux de la vie quotidienne : l'habillement, les cosmétiques et l'alimentation.

L'habillement

Commençons par l'habillement, qui est le plus facile : il suffit en effet de regarder l'étiquette pour en connaître les composantes. Pour les chaussures, il s'agit d'un autocollant, le cuir étant représenté par un symbole représentant une sorte de peau.

Voici les principales matières d'origine animale que l'on peut retrouver dans l'habillement, et qu'il s'agit donc de refuser : l'alpaga (ou Alpaca), l'angora, le cachemire (ou cahsmere), le cuir, le duvet et les plumes, le feutre, la fourure, la laine, le mohair, la soie.

S'habiller vegan n'est pas difficile du tout ; il faut par contre être persévérant pour faire le tri et ne pas suivre simplement ses envies brutales de consommation. La seule difficulté est posée par les chaussures, beaucoup sont en cuir.

On a alors trois options : se rabattre sur les modèles les moins chers (aux dépens de la qualité toutefois ici, notamment pour les semelles), acheter sur internet des modèles végans comme Vegetarian Shoes (mais les prix sont vraiment très élevés), ou bien finalement de la manière la plus raisonnable, farfouiller dans les différents modèles des différentes marques (le choix étant finalement relativement grand).

Pour pousser le détail jusqu'au bout, certaines marques placent leur logo sur un morceau de cuir (par exemple au dos des jeans) et il convient naturellement de les enlever le cas échéant.

Les cosmétiques

Des trois aspects de la vie quotidienne, les cosmétiques représentent l'aspect le plus contraignant, même si avec la multiplication des magasins bios les éventuelles difficultés sont de plus en plus aisément surmontables.

Il faut en effet connaître la plupart du temps au préalable les marques qui ne testent pas et ne contiennent pas de produits d'origine animale. Dans d'autres pays, cela peut être plus simple et il peut être marqué « vegan » sur le produit (comme les produits vegans de la marque allemande Alverde).

Néanmoins, en France, cela reste très rare. Il faut soit connaître la liste des marques, soit chercher une mention du type "Non testé sur les animaux"en étant ici très prudent car la mention "Produit fini non testé sur les animaux" signifie qu'il y a eu des tests au départ du processus industriel.

Il faut donc qu'il y ait marqué que le produit n'a pas été testé (et pas simplement le "produit fini") et regarder en plus la liste des ingrédients. Un produit non testé peut ne pas être vegan: voilà un problème...

Voici donc une petite liste des marques dont les produits ne sont pas testés et donc certains sont vegans. Cette liste a été mise à jour fin août 2010.

Pour les produits d'entretien :

Almacabio Bio-Sorelia Body Nature
Douce Nature Etamine du Lys Fleur des Mauges
Franchim Lerutan
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Veganism / veganismo / véganisme   Jeu 20 Jan - 8:44

05 décembre 2010

Pour les cosmétiques: Agelys, Arubix, B comme bio; Elina Paris, Encentherapy, Placentor Allo' Nature Argiletz
Aromastrati Bio aromes Biokosma
Body Nature Callyopé Cattier
Centifolia Ciel d'azur Clairjoie
Comptoir provençal des argiles, Naturado Cosmo naturel Couleur caramel
Dermaclay, Eumadis, Mosqueta's Doux me Dr Hauschka
Eco cosmetics Fleur des Mauges Florame
Herbes et traditions, Lakhsmi Holistica Paltz
Kibio Douces angevines Logona
Lush Melvita Nacriderm
Naturetis Phyt's Pur aloé
Sante Serayet-Wyld Weleda

Petit rappel donc :

HABILLEMENT
Regarder l'étiquette et boycotter les produits d'origine animale, qui sont principalement l'alpaga (ou Alpaca), l'angora, le cachemire (ou cahsmere), le cuir, le duvet et les plumes, le feutre, la fourure, la laine, le mohair, la soie.

COSMETIQUES
Regarder ce qui est marqué sur l'emballage: d'un côté les ingrédients, de l'autre que soit mentionné "produit non testé sur les animaux".

L'alimentation

L'alimentation végane est très riche et très diversifiée, contrairement au discours dominant. Car le discours dominant ne recherche pas la créativité, mais la consommation de produits apportant le plus de bénéfices.

Ainsi, les supermarchés ne sont pas encore remplis de produits vegans. Il faut donc s'astreindre à une certaine discipline consistant à regarder la liste des ingrédients. Néanmoins, ce qu'on perd d'un côté - une sorte de facilité toute fictive en fait - on le gagne de l'autre : on a une alimentation éthique, diversifiée, saine.

Parlons déjà de ce qu'il faut refuser de prime abord. Être vegan c'est refuser les produits laitiers, les morceaux d'animaux morts (la "viande"), les poissons, les oeufs, les crustacés, le miel.

Ces "produits" sont faciles à reconnaître. Toutefois, de nombreux produits industriels utilisent des produits d'origine animale sans que cela soit visible de prime abord (comme les bonbons haribos par exemple, composés de gélatine). Il faut ainsi connaître le principe des additifs alimentaires - nous en parlerons tout à la fin car c'est relativement secondaire.

Une fois ces produits d'origine animale évités, que reste-il ? En fait un choix immense. Pour connaître ce choix il faut s'intéresser aux fruits et aux légumes bien entendu, mais également:

-aux céréales : le maïs, le blé, l'épeautre, l'avoine, le riz, le quinoa, le millet, le kamut, l'orge, le sarrasin, le sorgho...

-aux légumineuses : la lentille, l'arachide, le soja, la luzerne, le trèfle, le lupin, le haricot...

C'est en effet l'association céréales-légumineuses qui apporte les acides aminés essentiels. Pour une alimentation vegane correcte et ne pas avoir de carences en protéines, il faut absolument comprendre le principe de cette association pratiquée par l'humanité sur tous les continents (comme par exemple avec le couscous originel).

Quand le corps assimile des acides aminés, c'est en effet l'acide aminé le plus faible qui va décider du niveau d'assimilation. La combinaison céréales-légumineuses permet de contourner cet obstacle.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Veganism / veganismo / véganisme   Jeu 20 Jan - 8:44

12 mai 2010

Voici des exemples de combinaison (dans la proportion de ¾ de céréales pour ¼ de légumineuses):

- maïs + haricot
- froment / couscous + pois chiche
- petit épeautre + pois
- riz + lentille
- avoine + pois
- millet / sorgho + haricot
- riz + soja /mungo

A cette « combinaison magique » on ajoutera de la vitamine C, afin de faciliter l'assimilation du fer (à l'opposé il faut éviter de boire du thé ou du café quand on mange).

Voici également d'autres éléments à prendre en compte :

*** pour la riboflavine / vitamine B2, on peut consommer les asperges, les bananes, les haricots, les brocolis, les figues, le chou frisé, les lentilles, les petits pois, les graines, le sésame (Tahin), les patates douces, le tofu, le tempeh, les germes de blé, et les pains enrichis....

*** le niveau de vitamine D dépend de l'exposition au soleil (pour avoir un ordre de grandeur : en été, pour les personnes à la peau claire, il faut exposer le visage, les mains et les avant-bras au moins 15 minutes chaque jour).

*** en ce qui concerne le calcium, on peut s'orienter vers le chou chinois de type Bok Choy, le brocoli, le chou chinois, le chou, le gombo, le navet vert, le tofu, les épinards, les amandes...

*** les besoins en vitamine A peuvent être satisfaits par la consommation de trois portions par jour de légumes jaunes ou oranges, des végétaux à feuilles vertes, ou des fruits riches en bêta-carotène (abricots, melon, mangue, citrouille).... La cuisson augmente l'assimilation du bêta-carotène, ainsi que le fait d'ajouter de faibles quantités de graisse à la préparation. Couper en tranches et réduire en purée les végétaux pourrait aussi accroître la biodisponibilité du bêta-carotène.

*** POUR LA VITAMINE B12 : elle est essentielle mais il n'existe pas de position scientifique claire à ce sujet. Dans le doute et vue son importance, toute personne vegan depuis au moins quatre ans doit se complémenter en vitamine B12 !!!

L'assimilation de vitamine B12 est elle-même sujette à débat scientifique. La meilleure option est de consommer la « Veg1 », consistant en des pastilles à croquer.

Enfin, voici des tableaux nutritionnels afin d'aider à connaître quelques aliments importants et leur valeur. Juste après on trouvera le passage sur les additifs alimentaires.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Veganism / veganismo / véganisme   Jeu 20 Jan - 8:49

A website about veganism :

http://thefrugalvegan.wordpress.com/

http://www.farinc.org/

http://web.mac.com/sistahvegan98/research/Home.html
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Veganism / veganismo / véganisme   Jeu 20 Jan - 10:51

site sur le véganisme :

http://escarpinstofu.canalblog.com/
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Veganism / veganismo / véganisme   Jeu 20 Jan - 11:09

maquillaje végétarien : Urban Decay sort la vegan palette

Maquillage végétarien : Urban Decay sort la Vegan Palette23 août 2010
TrendiLady, TrendiMode, TrendiVert0 CommentaireMarylene Khouri

La Vegan Palette
•La marque britannique Urban Decay sort une palette de maquillage végétarien, la Vegan Palette. La particularité du maquillage végétarien ? Ces produits sont certifiés « non testés sur des animaux » et ne contiennent aucun produit issu du genre animal, tel que la soie, la cochenille, ou des dérivés du lait.•La cosmétique végétarienne est particulièrement prisée outre-Manche. Urban Decay tente ainsi de séduire la clientèle hexagonale, plus réticente.
•La Vegan Palette propose un design séduisant avec des petits animaux dessinés sur ses produits : les encres utilisées sont formulées à partir de soja et sont imprimées sur des matériaux recyclés. Écologique jusqu’au bout !
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Veganism / veganismo / véganisme   Jeu 20 Jan - 11:12

28/07/2010

Du maquillage "végétarien"

La Vegan palette d'Urban Decay

Pour celles qui ne se contentent pas des mentions et labels biologiques, il existe maintenant des cosmétiques végétariens. Les produits sont certifiés "non testés sur des animaux", mais ils ne contiennent également aucun produit issu de la gent animale, comme la soie, la cochenille, ou des produits dérivés du lait. Ces cosmétiques sont plus en vogue outre-Manche que dans l'hexagone. Dernière-née: la ligne Vegan de la marque britannique Urban Decay. Cette palette comporte six ombres à paupières et est ornée de petits animaux, forcément.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Veganism / veganismo / véganisme   Jeu 20 Jan - 11:12

3 janvier 2011

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=83552172515&topic=13043
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Veganism / veganismo / véganisme   Jeu 20 Jan - 11:15

13 de marzo de 2009

Maquillaje Vegano
escrito por Julieta

Somos muchos los que vivimos en este mundo, y por ello cada uno decide vivir su vida como mejor le plazca o salga. Esto significa que “para gustos, colores”, si bien las técnicas de producción son cada vez más estandarizadas hay una corriente de lo “alternativo y natural” que se abre como camino… una alternativa a lo que el mercado nos propone.

Por ejemplo maquillaje para veganos. La tienda Hard Candy ofrece una gran variedad de maquillajes veganos para respetar los principios de esta filosofía. En esta tienda online podrás encontrar accesorios de maquillaje como rimel, lápiz labial, colorete, sombras, brillos labiales, entre otras tantas cosas.

El veganismo es una filosofía de vida que excluye todas las formas de explotación y crueldad hacia el reino animal e incluye una reverencia a la vida. En la práctica se aplica siguiendo una dieta vegetariana pura y anima el uso de alternativas para todas las materias derivadas parcial o totalmente de animales, según informa Donald Watson, miembro fundador de la Sociedad Vegana (Vegan Society).

Vía: Hard Candy

http://www.hardcandy.com/vegan.cfm
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Veganism / veganismo / véganisme   Jeu 20 Jan - 11:17

lunes 20 de julio de 2009
Cosméticos veganos

El veganismo es una derivación del vegetarianismo (cuyo origen data de 1944, cuando los británicos Elsie Shrigley y Donald Watson decidieron desmarcarse de la filosofía vegetariana) según la cual no sólo no se consume ningún alimento de origen vegetal (lácteos, huevos, miel, etc.) ni se viste ropa de cuero, de lana, de seda, ni se usan productos en cuya preparación haya intervenido algún elemento de origen animal.

Obviamente, los veganos están en contra de la experimentación en animales de los productos farmacéuticos y cosméticos. Para muchas personas, "cosméticos veganos" significa simplemente eso, que no hayan sido testados en animales. Pero realmente un vegano auténtico y fiel consigo mismo debe buscar más allá, ya que son muchas las sustancias de origen animal que se usan en cosmética. Para muestra estos botones:

- Lanolina (habitual en productos de tratamiento de la piel debido a sus propiedades, es una sustancia aceitosa segregada por las glándulas sebáceas de las ovejas)
- Cera de abejas
- Própolis (derivada también de las abejas)
- Elastina (proteínas que se encuentran en los tejidos de muchos seres vivos, en cosmética se suelen usar proveniente de las vacas)
- Ácido hialurónico (auténtica revolución de la cosmética en los últimos años, se extrae de los tejidos de varias especies animales.
- Cochinilla (se trata de un insecto cuyo tinte no tóxico se emplea con multitud de fines, entre ellos la cosmética. En la composición de los productos viene indicado como colorante E-120)

Pero no sólo ahí acaba la cosa... tened en cuenta que una persona vegana no puede usar brochas de pelo natural (de pelo auténtico de animal). Es por todo esto que hemos mencionado que cualquier marca que comercializa productos de origen natural no puede considerarse vegana.

No es fácil como veis encontrar cosméticos que cumplan con estos requisitos. Yo no conocía mucho esta vertiente y me puse a investigar (porque soy una curiosona y una ratita de biblioteca) así que os resumo mis descubrimientos en cuanto a marcas cosméticas veganas.

URBAN DECAY

La popular marca americana de cosmética y maquillaje es un referente ya que a pesar de no declararse totalmente una empresa vegana, sí ofrece en su web información para este tipo de usuarias y les ayuda a identificar cuales de sus productos son aptos para sus creencias. Las sombras de ojos de esta marca, la famosa base Primer Potion, sus no menos populares lápices de ojos 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil y muchos otros productos son aptos para veganos!

Urban Decay no se vende en España (con la excepción de algun pack de sombras o el Primer Potion que de manera ocasional se puede encontrar en algún Sephora) y su web no manda internacionalmente. Así que no nos queda más remedio que comprar en webs como Look Fantastic o directamente en eBay.

SEVI

Una marca propiamente vegana, creada por y para veganos, ofrece maquillaje, cosméticos de rostro y cuerpo, fragancias y brochas sin ninguna traza de ingredientes de origen animal. En cada ficha de producto podeis leer la lista de ingredientes, los precios son asequibles y además se pueden comprar por un precio menor muestras de sus productos. Envian a todo el mundo y podeis comprar directamente en su web.

BARRY M

Esta es una marca que está muy de moda entre los aficionados a la cosmética y el maquillaje. La firma británica destaca por ofrecer una inmensa variedad de colorido a precios asequibles. Su origen data de los años 80, cuando Barry Mero vendía sus productos en numerosas tiendas de Londres, empezando a ser distinguido como el proveedor oficial de maquillaje de las tribus urbanas más modernas de la época: los punks, los góticos y los nuevos románticos.

Barry M no testa con animales y avisa en su propia web de los productos de su colección que son aptos para veganos y de los que no lo son. En esta otra web ya han seleccionado previamente los productos Barry M aptos para veganos y podeis tanto comprobar la lista de ingredientes como comprarlos (envían también a todo el mundo)

ECCO BELLA

Es una marca americana fundada en 1992 con el objetivo de crear cosméticos no testados en animales y que no usen ingredientes que puedan ser perjudicales para la salud (como talco, perfumes, conservantes, etc). Según sus propias palabras, sus productos son naturales en un 70%, por eso en webs dirigidas al público vegano se puede encontrar una selección de ese 70% de sus productos. Por ejemplo en esta tienda especializada en todo tipo de artículos veganos podeis comprar la marca Ecco Bella y recibirlo cómodamente en vuestra casa, ya que realizan envíos internacionales.

MAC

¿Y qué pasa con nuestra adorada MAC? Bien, MAC no es tampoco una marca propiamente vegana, a pesar de posicionarse contra la experimentación con animales y ser una marca comprometida con la sociedad (muy activa en la lucha contra el virus del VIH, por ejemplo).

Sin embargo, hay una serie de productos de la marca que son aptos para veganos y que a pesar de no haber publicado oficialmente en su site, en las webs de veganismo que he estado analizando últimamente para ofreceros este artículo hablan de la posibilidad de contactar con MAC para que os pase un listado exhaustivo de qué productos y cuáles de sus colores son aptos para veganos. Principalmente se trata de algunos tonos de sus lápices y sombras de ojos, algunos correctores, bases y polvos y algunos de los tonos de las barras de labios Mate. Son totalmente veganos la máscara de pestañas Pro Lash y las brochas y pinceles de pelo sintético.

OTRAS MARCAS

Hay más marcas más pequeñas y artesanales que también comercializan productos veganos, como podeis ver en la web de Vegan Essentials.

En la web de Carefree Beauty se pueden comprar productos de maquillaje y cosmética (incluidas brochas) veganas de diversas marcas como After Glow Cosmetics, Sevi (que ya hemos mencionado más arriba), First Bliss o la australiana Nvey Eco.

En la web de la asociación Vegan Cosmetics podeis ver también una lista de marcas menos conocidas que fabrican y venden cosméticos 100% veganos.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Veganism / veganismo / véganisme   Jeu 20 Jan - 11:19

a

Dernière édition par végétalienne-13 le Jeu 20 Jan - 11:30, édité 1 fois
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Veganism / veganismo / véganisme   Jeu 20 Jan - 11:22

10 janvier 2011

site sur le véganisme :

http://revolucionvegana.espacioblog.com
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Veganism / veganismo / véganisme   Jeu 20 Jan - 11:26

a
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Veganism / veganismo / véganisme   Jeu 20 Jan - 12:36

vegan forum about veganism in English :

http://www.veganrepresent.com/
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Veganism / veganismo / véganisme   Jeu 20 Jan - 12:49

Vegan Makeup

Natural Cosmetics that Are Free of Animal Ingredients

Dec 2, 2009

Finding vegan cosmetics is easy! - Flickr User yasminfalahatphotographyCruelty free cosmetics are free of animal ingredients and testing! Vegan makeup can even be found in many department stores now.

When a vegan puts together a makeup kit, there are several factors to consider to ensure her beauty routine hasn’t endangered or harmed any animals. First, some cosmetics include animal products, such as lanolin or honey. Next, even makeup that doesn’t include any animal products may have been tested on animals. Finally, even if a vegan has a collection of vegan make up, the brushes she uses to apply it shouldn't be made of animal hair. Finding vegan makeup and cruelty free cosmetics is fairly simple to do, and even some department store and drugstore brands meet the bill.

Here’s more information on how to identify vegan cosmetics, and a list of vegan makeup brands.

Ingredients in Vegan Cosmetics
Many vegan cosmetics are labeled as organic or natural makeup, but the ingredients should always be read before buying. Some common cosmetic ingredients that are not vegan-friendly include:

YOUR Beauty Shop End of Season Sale, up to 50% off Free Shipping to France www.yesstyle.com
100% Vegan Cheese We carry Daiya, Teese, Sheese and Cheezly. Visit us online today. www.CosmosVeganShoppe.com
Ads by Google•Beeswax
•Carmine
•Elastin
•Hyaluronic acid
•Lactose/lactalbumin
•Lanolin
•Lard
•Propolis
•Propylparaben (though synthetic, animal-free versions also exist)
•Silk derivitives
•Squalane (can be made from shark liver or olives)
•Tallow
•Whey/milk products
If the ingredients aren’t listed on the package, or if an ambiguous ingredient is listed (such as squalane), send the company an e-mail or give them a call. Most cosmetic companies have websites, or toll-free numbers, included on the packaging.

It is usually easier to find vegan powdered cosmetics (like pressed power, eye shadow, and blush) than liquid (such as lipstick, lip gloss and mascara). Also, anything colored red is less likely to be vegan; red dye most often is made with carmine, which comes from insects.

Cruelty Free Cosmetics

Read on
Cruelty-free Hygiene Products: Animal Friendly Toothpaste & More
Cruelty-Free Beauty Products
Animal-Friendly Make-up Products
After reading the ingredients on any makeup package, a vegan should look for a statement like “Not Tested on Animals” or “Against Animal Cruelty.” Cruelty free cosmetics don't contain animal ingredients, and they aren't tested on animals, either. Again, most cosmetic companies list their testing policies and stance on animal cruelty on their websites.

Vegan Makeup Brushes
Many makeup brushes are made from the hair of animals, such as goats, horses, squirrels and minks. Anyone who doesn’t wear fur likely doesn’t want to brush it across their face, either. High-quality synthetic makeup brushes are becoming more widely available, though. Here are a few brands to look for in store or online.

•Aveda
•Origins
•Ecco Bella
Vegan Makeup Brands
The list below includes makeup brands that are 100% vegan, or that have an extensive selection of vegan products. In general, mineral makeup is a good place to start; if a vegan comes across a mineral makeup brand that’s locally available, it’s usually worth reading through the ingredients.

Here’s a list of makeup brands that offer many vegan cosmetics:

•Arbonne
•Aromaleigh
•Aveda
•Bare Minerals
•Beauty Without Cruelty
•Bonne Belle
•Everyday Minerals
•MAC
•Pink Quartz Minerals
•Zia
•Zuzu Luxe
The most important tip to remember for a vegan looking for makeup is to read the ingredients. Even if a vegan has used a product in the past, it’s worthwhile to re-read the label when buying a replacement, as cosmetic companies change the formulas of their products.

Cruelty-free makeup and brushes is widely available in drugstores, department stores, and online. With so many brands available, the only difficult part is choosing colors!

Read more at Suite101: Vegan Makeup: Natural Cosmetics that Are Free of Animal Ingredients http://www.suite101.com/content/vegan-makeup-a176148#ixzz1BbgYouex
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Veganism / veganismo / véganisme   Jeu 20 Jan - 16:56

Vegan news :

http://www.vegnews.com/web/home.do
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Veganism / veganismo / véganisme   Jeu 20 Jan - 16:58

January 3, 2011

Makeup Without Cruelty
I research each of these companies myself, to make sure they do not test on animals. Plus, companies I've found that are vegan (no animal products in the ingredients), I've notated with a heart. ♥

Companies that have been bought out by corporations that do animal testing (or whose animal testing status cannot be verified), yet still maintain their own cruelty-free status, are notated with an "intersection" sign: ∩.

For a list of cruelty-free makeup brushes, please see Vegan Makeup Brushes.

I keep this list up to date. It's one of the most comprehensive on the web. If you have a non-animal tested company - or even better, a vegan company - that should be added to the list, please let me know!

Non-Animal Tested and Vegan Cosmetics Companies

A - C D - K L - S T - Z and Notes

Abba Hair Care ♥
Acquarella
Adorned With Grace Minerals (See note 16)
Afterglow Cosmetics ♥
AG Hair Cosmetics
AHAVA
Akasha (see: Spinlash)
Alba
Alexami ♥
Alexandra de Markoff (some products)
Alice Cosmetics
Alima Pure Cosmetics
Alison Raffaele Cosmetics
All Natural Face, The ♥
Almay
Aloette
Alvera
Amala Beauty
Amazing Cosmetics
Amazon Organics
American Beauty
AminoGenesis ♥
Anastasia Beverly Hills
Anise Cosmetics
Anne Marie Borlind
apothecary-shoppe.com
Aquage Hydrating Shampoo
Arbonne ♥

Argital
Aromaleigh
Astara Skincare ♥
Aubrey Organics
Aura Cacia (from Frontier Natural Brands)
Auroma International
Auromere
Aurora Group (CoolEyz, Vivinal, Viviscal, Vivi, Herbal Clear)
Avalon Natural Products
Aveda ♥
AvipCosmetics.com (wholesale)
Avon
Badger Balm (body care products) ♥
bareFaced Mineral Cosmetics
Bare Minerals makeup from Bare Escentuals (According to The Wall Street Journal of 1-13-2010, Shiseido is buying out Bare Escentuals. Shiseido engages in animal testing.)
Barry M Cosmetics
Beauté Cosmetics
BeautiControl
Beautiful Diva Botanical Mineral Makeup ♥
Beauty Naturally ♥
Beauty Without Cruelty (from Avalon Natural Products)
Becca Cosmetics
Bee Luscious Cosmetics
Bee Royal Products
BeFine food skin care
BeLeeVe Cosmetics and Skin Care
Bellance Hair Care ♥
BellaPierre Cosmetics
Bésame Cosmetics
Beyond Skin (footwear)
Bindi ♥
Bio-D
Biorganics
Biosilk Shampoo and Conditioner
Blessed Botanicals by FruitsToRoots.com
Bobbi Brown
Body Bistro Ayurvedic Organic ♥
Body Botanicals
Bonne Belle (Eye Style Shadow Box, Lip Smacker, Lip Burst)
Borba
Boscia ♥
Bourgeois Boheme ♥
Branded J Collections ♥
Brigit True Organics
Bumble and bumble
Buttercream Cosmetics
Cactus & Ivy ♥
California Baby
Camo Care ♥
CanaryCosmetics.com
Care (from Stella McCartney) ♥
CARGO
Carol's Daughter
Cat Cosmetics
Cell Food Oxygen Gel
Chanel
Chantecaille Cosmetics ♥
Christina Perfect Pigment ♥
Christine Marie Cosmetics
Christine Valmy
Christopher Drummond Beauty ♥
Cinema Secrets
Citré Shine (by Advanced Research Laboratories)
Clarins
Clary Sage Naturals (an Etsy store)
Clean Kids Naturally ♥
Clearly Natural Products
Cleopatra's Choice
Coastal Classic Creations
CoastalScents
Cocoon Apothecary
Collective Wellbeing ♥
ColorBrushes.com ♥
ColoreScience***
Cosmedicine