Catholic Prayer for Repentance

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

Masculin Nombre de messages : 19963

MessageSujet: Catholic Prayer for Repentance   Lun 23 Déc - 16:02

a prayer for sincere repentance

Oh Most humane and adorable GOD, Your endless grace and mercy flows forth. Before granting the gift of absolution To earnest repenters of sinful ways, You demanded a sacrificial compensation. For a wrongful act cannot be rectified Until punishment has been accepted! Yes, for the salvation of my soul, GOD , Your Son accepted the price of the Cross! Grant us the grace to remain free of debts, our hearts remaining flawless before You, Making Jesus's absolution truly worthwhile!In Jesus name.

flow =

forth =

earnest =

sinful =

wrongful = debts =

flawless =

absoluion =

Dernière édition par végétalienne-13 le Mer 19 Fév - 15:05, édité 1 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Catholic Prayer for Repentance   Lun 23 Déc - 16:11

Prayer for the Conversion of Sinners

Lord GOD , most merciful Saviour of the world, we humbly beseech You, by Jesus's most Sacred Heart, that all the sheep who stray out of his fold may in one days be converted to Him, the Shepherd and Bishop of their souls, who lives and reigns with You God the Father in the unity of the Holy Spirit, world without end.
Amen.

beseech =

fold =

Bishop =
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Catholic Prayer for Repentance   Lun 23 Déc - 16:12

O My GOD , forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell and lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who are in most need of Thy mercy , in the name of Jesus . Amen .
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Catholic Prayer for Repentance   Lun 23 Déc - 16:14

A Prayer for True Repentance and Pardon

Behold me at Thy feet, O GOD , behold the most wretched of creatures, who comes into Thy presence humbled and penitent! Have mercy on all humans on earth, O Lord, according to Thy great mercy! We have sinned and our sins are always before Thee. Yet our soul belongs to Thee, for Thou hast created them, and redeemed them with Jesus's Precious Blood. Ah, grant that Thy redeeming work be not in vain! Have pity on us; give us tears of true repentance; pardon us for we am Thy children; pardon us as Thou didst pardon the penitent thief; look upon us from Thy throne in heaven and give us Thy blessing. We believe in God .

Dernière édition par végétalienne-13 le Mer 19 Fév - 15:13, édité 1 fois
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Catholic Prayer for Repentance   Lun 23 Déc - 16:15

prayer to turn from sin

Father, Your Love never fails. Keep me from danger and provide for all animals and humans in this planet's needs. Teach us to be thankful for Your Gifts. Confident in Your Love, may we be holy by sharing Your Life, and grant us forgiveness of our sins. May Your unfailing Love turn us from sin and keep us on the way that leads to You. Help us to grow in Christian love.

Dernière édition par végétalienne-13 le Mer 19 Fév - 15:20, édité 2 fois
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Catholic Prayer for Repentance   Lun 23 Déc - 16:15

Psalm 31 (the Second Penitential Psalm)
Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven,
and whose sins are covered.
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord harth not imputed sin,
and in whose spirit there is no guile.
Because I was silent my bones grew old;
whilst I cried out all the day long.
For day and night Thy hand was heavy upon me;
I am turned in my anguish,
whilst the thorn is fastened.
I have acknowledged my sin to thee,
and my injustice I have not concealed.
I said I will confess against my self my injustice to the Lord:
and Thou hast forgiven the wickedness of my sin.
For this shall every one that is holy
pray to Thee in a seasonable time.
And yet in a flood of many waters,
they shall not come nigh unto him.
Thou art my refuge from the trouble which hath encompassed:
my joy, deliver me from them that surround me.
I will give thee understanding,
and I will instruct thee in this way,
in which Thou shalt go:
I will fix my eyes upon thee.
Do not become like the horse and the mule,
who have no understanding.
With bit and bridle bind fast their jaws,
who come not near unto Thee.
Many are the scourges of the sinner,
but mercy shall encompass him that hopeth in the Lord.
Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice, ye Just,
and glory, all ye right of heart.

Glory be the the Father.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Catholic Prayer for Repentance   Lun 23 Déc - 16:16

a prayer to redeem lost time by St. Teresa of Avila

O my God! Source of all mercy! All the animals and humans of the earth acknowledge Your sovereign power. While recalling the wasted years that are past, we all believe that You, Lord, can in an instant turn this loss to gain. Miserable as we are, yet we firmly believe that You can do all things. Please restore to us the time lost, giving us Your grace, both now and in the future, that we may appear before You in "wedding garments." Amen.

Dernière édition par végétalienne-13 le Mer 19 Fév - 15:32, édité 2 fois
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Catholic Prayer for Repentance   Lun 23 Déc - 16:20

prayer of repentance and deliverance

Lord GOD, you have endured me all these years with our sins, but nonetheless You pitied us;

I was led astray in every way, but now we will sin no more;
We have wronged You and we have been unjust;
We will be so, no more;
We renounce sin,
We renounce the Devil,
IWe renounce iniquity that stains my soul;
free our souls from all that is against Your holiness;

We entreat You, Lord GOD , to rescue us from all evil; Come GOD now, come now and abide in our hearts;

Forgive us, Lord GOD , and allow us to rest in You, For You are our Shield, our Redeemer and our Light and in You do we trust;

From today we will bless You Lord at all times;

We repudiate evil and all other gods and idols, for You GOD are the Most High over the world, far transcending all other gods;
By Your mighty arm, rescue us from ill health, rescue us from being a captive, rescue us from trouble and defeat our enemy the Devil; come quickly to our help O Saviour GOD ! In Jesus name.

Amen

People do not know how to totally repudiate Satan in their prayers, who is controlling them, blinding them and giving them a lot of suffering, either through illness or by making them captives.
This prayer will be very effective if prayed with the heart and sincerity.

Dernière édition par végétalienne-13 le Mer 19 Fév - 15:40, édité 1 fois
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Catholic Prayer for Repentance   Lun 23 Déc - 16:21

Repentance Prayer

The Meaning of Repentance

In Matthew 3:2, John the Baptist cries out to the people "Repent, for the Kingdom of God is at hand" (ESV). In the Greek, the phrase "Be Ye Repenting" is rendered by the word "metanoeite". Metanoia means "change in one’s way of life resulting from penitence or spiritual conversion" (Oxford English Dictionary).

So to repent is more than about asking God's pardon or forgiveness, it involves a decision to live life differently, to live as God would want us to live, rather than how we might want to lead our lives. As such this term is often associated with conversion and baptism into the Christian faith.
The word "repent" is also associated with a Roman military phrase meaning "to turn away". Repenting is about turning away from everything we know to be wrong and turning to God in humility and dependency. For the Christian, repentance will be an ongoing journey of "turning", a daily decision to live life in obedience to Christ.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

A

Dernière édition par végétalienne-13 le Lun 23 Déc - 16:22, édité 1 fois
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

Repentance Prayer

Loving Father, you are the source of all goodness and love, and you
never refuse forgiveness to those who come to you with repentant hearts.
Mercifully listen to my prayer.
Look with kindness upon me and forgive me for all my sins and failures.
Give me the grace to acknowledge them before you.
Help me to look into my life and see the many ways I have displeased
you in my relationship with you, with my loved ones and friends,
through the sin of pride, the sin of anger, lust or weakness of the flesh, envy,
greed, gluttony and sloth and for all the negative consequences that resulted from them.
Forgive me for my inability to be faithful to your commandments.
And bless me with humility to repent with a sincere and contrite heart.
Give me the strength to fight future temptations to sin and to
avoid being exposed to occasions for sin.
Give me the patience and perseverance to make amends in my life
and be transformed as you will.
All these I pray in Jesus’ name through Mary and all the angels and saints.
Amen.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Catholic Prayer for Repentance   Lun 23 Déc - 16:22

prayer of repentance

Lord GOD , Saviour of this world, I long to have a heart that is humble and that is able to repent even for small mistakes. Send upon me the Spirit of Truth, so that I may truly know who I am before you. Give me Lord GOD , a broken heart. Take away from my heart all self-righteousness and self-centeredness. Give Me Lord, a heart of flesh and remove the heart where there is pride, jealousy, envy, anger, hatred, revenge, lack of mercy and kindness; which thinks and speaks evil of others, which rejoices in the pain of others, which depends on human beings and on the things of the world and not on you, Lord GOD . Lord change my heart. Lord give me Your Heart.In JESUS name.Amen.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Catholic Prayer for Repentance   Mar 11 Fév - 12:28

Prayer for the Conversion of Sinners

Lord GOD , most merciful Saviour of the world, we humbly beseech You, by Your most Sacred Heart, that all the sheep who stray out of Your fold may in one days be converted to You, the Shepherd and Bishop of their souls, who lives and reigns with God the Father in the unity of the Holy Spirit, world without end. In Jesus Christ's name.
Amen.

A Prayer for Forgiveness
King David was known as �a man after God�s own heart.� David loved God, lived with passion and prayed with poetic and transparent honesty. But David was also a sinner. He stole the wife of one of his most loyal soldiers, conceived a child by her and then to cover his deceit, murdered the man. But once this crime was exposed by Nathan, the prophet, David turned again to God. His prayer asking for forgiveness is written in the Bible as Psalm 51. Here�s a portion of that prayer.

O loving and kind God, have mercy. Have pity upon me and take away the awful stain of my transgressions. Oh, wash me, cleanse me from this guilt. Let me be pure again. For I admit my shameful deed-it haunts me day and night. It is against you and you alone I sinned and did this terrible thing. You saw it all, and your sentence against me is just. Create in me a new, clean heart, O God, filled with clean thoughts and right desires. Don�t toss me aside, banished forever from your presence. Don�t take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me again the joy of your salvation, and make me willing to obey you. (Psalm 51:1-12 TLB)

All of us need forgiveness. If something is separating you from God, repeat this ancient prayer. Jesus came to make the hope expressed in this prayer a reality for anyone who will ask!
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Catholic Prayer for Repentance   Mar 11 Fév - 12:30

The Power of Personal Repentance and Forgiveness
MAURICE BLUMBERG
Have mercy on me, God, in your goodness; in your abundant compassion blot out my offense. Wash away all my guilt; from my sin cleanse me. For I know my offense; my sin is always before me. Against you alone have I sinned; I have done such evil in your sight That you are just in your sentence, blameless when you condemn. Let me hear sounds of joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice. Turn away your face from my sins; blot out all my guilt. A clean heart create for me, God; renew in me a steadfast spirit (Psalm 51:4-7,10-12).

Turn and be converted from all your crimes, that they may be no cause of guilt for you. Cast away from you all the crimes you have committed, and make for yourselves a new heart and a new spirit (Ezekiel 18:30-31).

So whoever is in Christ is a new creation: the old things have passed away; behold, new things have come (2 Corinthians 5:17).

Someone once said that repentance is like going to the dentist. It’s no fun while you are there, but you are better off afterward. The previous article, “The Call to Forgive Others as We Have Been Forgiven,” described the importance of forgiving others. This article describes the power of repentance and forgiveness in transforming us into new creations in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17). Of course, the more completely we have experienced God’s forgiveness through repentance, the more completely we will be able to forgive others.

In the Scriptures, God has made it clear that each person is responsible for the consequences of his or her own actions (Psalm 51:6). And this is both good news and bad news. The bad news is that we can’t blame our upbringing or our parents; we have to own up to our own failings. But the good news is that none of us will be condemned for our parents’ or grandparents’ sins or failings.

But Jesus has even better news than this: We don’t even have to be condemned for our own past sins! The past doesn’t have to control our future. We don’t have to be trapped in a never-ending cycle of sin. God is always with us, always offering us the chance to turn to him and be forgiven. He is always offering us his grace to resist temptations that we have fallen to in the past. What’s more, we have the Sacrament of Reconciliation, which contains God’s own grace to give us “the new heart and the new spirit” that Ezekiel prophesied about (Ezekiel 18:31) and a “clean heart and steadfast spirit” that David asked for (Psalm 51:12).

Isn’t it comforting to know that repentance is not meant to be a one-time event? Isn’t it wonderful to know that we can deepen our conversion every day through repentance? The Hebrew phrase that we translate as the call to “turn and be converted” (Ezekiel 18:30) comes from the word shuv, which means “to turn around” and to “repent.” It is an active verb, implying that this is something each of us must do on our own, taking responsibility for our actions and not blaming someone else or just waiting for things to turn around by themselves.

It can be challenging to face up to our sins (Psalm 51:6). But the relief, freedom, and joy we experience in repentance can far outweigh our discomfort (Psalm 51:10). God offers us a new beginning every day. So let’s take him up on his offer!

Below is a prayer of repentance that is taken from the August 19th meditation in this month’s issue of The Word Among Us magazine. This is a prayer that never loses its power, and can be said often. Try saying it from the heart and see what happens.

O Lord, I come before you just as David did so many years ago. I come freely admitting my sins. I come humbly, acknowledging that my offenses have been an affront to your holiness, your justice, and your love. Have mercy on me, Lord!

O God, you have shown me how my thoughts, words, and actions have turned me away from your grace and your protection. I can see how the consequences of my sins have affected not only my relationship with you but my relationship with my brothers and sisters as well. O Lord, in your loving compassion, blot out my transgressions! Wash away my iniquity and cleanse me from my sins!

Father, through faith in you and by trusting in your Son’s death and resurrection, I believe that I have been redeemed. I believe that you can throw my sins from me as far as the east is from the west. Filled with confidence not in myself but in your power and mercy, I confess my sin and ask you to forgive me. Lord, I know that in the Sacrament of Reconciliation I can experience not only forgiveness but healing and restoration as well. And so I come to you, Father, hoping to receive your grace to begin again.

Thank you, Lord!

Father, words alone cannot describe what it is like to come back to you and feel your embrace once more. You promised through your prophet that even though my sins are as red as scarlet, they can be made as white as snow (Isaiah 1:18). How can anyone fully express what it feels like to be made so clean?

Sometimes I think that being forgiven is like having a large, crushing load lifted from my back, allowing me to stand up straight again. Other times it feels like heaviness is lifted from my chest so that I can breathe freely once more. And every time, I feel a wonderful strengthening through your grace, Lord, enabling me to say “no” to temptation. Thank you, Father, for the joy that this brings!

Father, your love and mercy are unending! Inspired by your grace, I come to you now to be set free. Father, may I never forget you!

(Maurice Blumberg was the founding Executive Director of the National Fellowship of Catholic Men (http://www.nfcmusa.org/), and is currently a Trustee. He is also the Director of Partner Relations for Partners in Evangelism, (http://www2.wau.org/partners/), a Ministry to the Military and Prisoners for The Word Among Us. Maurice can be contacted at mblumberg@wau.org or mblumberg@aol.org.)

nfcm.jpg
[Many thanks to The Word Among Us (http://www.wau.org/) for allowing me to adapt some material from daily meditations in their monthly devotional magazine and to use the August 19, 2010 meditation. Used with permission.]
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Catholic Prayer for Repentance   Mar 11 Fév - 12:30

Prayers Of Repentance

A Prayer to Redeem Lost Time, by St. Teresa of Avila

O my God! Source of all mercy! I acknowledge Your sovereign power. While recalling the wasted years that are past, I believe that You, Lord, can in an instant turn this loss to gain. Miserable as I am, yet I firmly believe that You can do all things. Please restore to me the time lost, giving me Your grace, both now and in the future, that I may appear before You in "wedding garments." Amen.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Catholic Prayer for Repentance   Mar 11 Fév - 12:31

Prayer of Repentance

Merciful God,
we have sinned
in what we have thought and said,
in the wrong we have done
and in the good we have not done.
We have sinned in ignorance:
we have sinned in weakness:
we have sinned through our own deliberate fault.
We are truly sorry.
We repent and turn to you.
Forgive us, for our Saviour Christ's sake,
and renew our lives to the glory of your name.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Catholic Prayer for Repentance   Mar 11 Fév - 12:32

A Prayer of Repentance

a prayer of repentance
We come to you, Lord,
knowing that you love us
no matter of what.
That’s why we dare to come to you,
knowing that you will help us.
We put our hearts and souls in your hand.
Generous in love—God, give grace!
Huge in mercy—wipe out my bad record.
Scrub away my guilt,
soak out my sins in your laundry.
I know how bad I’ve been;
my sins are staring me down.
(Psalm 51:1-3, MSG)
We ask for grace to open our eyes to see all our transgressions.
Show us how we nailed Jesus on the cross.
We ask grace to see our sinfulness and desire repentance.
Show us how we made Jesus to suffer.
We ask grace to see our rottenness and yearn to be made whole.
Show us how we grieve you over and over again.
We ask grace to illuminate our mind to see your will for us.
Show us the way to true life in Jesus.
You’re the One I’ve violated, and you’ve seen
it all, seen the full extent of my evil.
You have all the facts before you;
whatever you decide about me is fair.
I’ve been out of step with you for a long time,
in the wrong since before I was born.
What you’re after is truth from the inside out.
Enter me, then; conceive a new, true life.
(Psalm 51:4-6, MSG)
We repent, Lord, forgive us!
Pour out grace upon grace, Lord!
Do whatever you want with us,
just don’t leave us as we are!
Pour out faith upon faith, Lord!
Redeem, restore, renew!
Get rid of anything and everything unholy!
Pour out hope upon hope, Lord!
Fill us with your Spirit!
Pour out joy upon joy, Lord!
Let us feel your presence!
Soak me in your laundry and I’ll come out clean,
scrub me and I’ll have a snow-white life.
Tune me in to foot-tapping songs,
set these once-broken bones to dancing.
Don’t look too close for blemishes,
give me a clean bill of health.
God, make a fresh start in me,
shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life.
Don’t throw me out with the trash,
or fail to breathe holiness in me.
Bring me back from gray exile,
put a fresh wind in my sails!
Give me a job teaching rebels your ways
so the lost can find their way home.
Commute my death sentence, God, my salvation God,
and I’ll sing anthems to your life-giving ways.
Unbutton my lips, dear God;
I’ll let loose with your praise.
(Psalm 51:7-15, MSG)
Thank you for not giving up on us,
even when we’d deserve it.
Thank you for saving us, Lord!
What glorious plans you have for us!
Empower us to follow your leading.
Thank you for loving us so dearly,
especially when we most need it.
What measures you take to care for us!
Thank you for working in us, for us.
Grant us the grace to become holy like you
and follow you all of our days.
In Jesus’ precious name we pray,
Amen
Q4U: How would you like to continue this prayer? Or would you like us to pray for you?
Be blessed, my fellow pilgrim, as you prepare your heart and mind for resurrection.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Catholic Prayer for Repentance   Aujourd'hui à 1:15

Catholic Prayer for Repentance
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1