Catholic prayers of victory

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

Masculin Nombre de messages : 19980

MessageSujet: Catholic prayers of victory   Dim 29 Déc - 14:24

prayer of victory in the blood of JESUS

I praise the wounds and the blood of the Lamb that heals the weakness of my body, that heals the weakness of my soul, that heals the weakness of my spirit!

Praise be to the blood of the Lamb in His forgiving power, in His cleansing power, in His releasing power, in His victorious power, in His renewing power, in His protecting power.

For him who believes in the power of the blood of Jesus, nothing is impossible.

I praise the blood of the Lamb that covers all my sins so that they can no longer be seen, that cleanses me from all my sins and makes me white as snow, that has power to free me from all my bondages and chains of sin, that is stronger than my own sin-infested blood and remoulds me into the image of God, that is victorious over all powers that seek to oppress me, over every power of the enemy, that protects me from all the crafty attacks of the enemy, that prepares for me the bridal garment.
I praise the blood of the Lamb that makes all things new. Hallelujah! Amen.

Comments

What is bound on earth is bound in heaven

The powerful victory in the blood of Jesus is miraculous. You need to put your faith in God and believe in him. Whatever you command in the name of Jesus it shall happen. God honour his own - those who received his word by faith, become known as daughters and sons of the most High. If you ask anything in His name, it shall be given to you. Remember when Isaac blessed Jacob, the prophetic words of blessing is evident to date. There is victory in the blood of Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour.

Thank you and God bless you for sharing your beautiful prayer. This prayer reminds me to live by faith in Christ and to always remember that Christ's blood was shed so that we mortals may enjoy everlasting life.

Dernière édition par végétalienne-13 le Mar 31 Déc - 13:36, édité 1 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Catholic prayers of victory   Dim 29 Déc - 14:25

Psalm 20

A Prayer for Victory

May the Lord answer us when you are in trouble!
   May the God of Jacob protect us!
May he send us help from his Temple
   and give us aid from Mount Zion.
May he accept all your offerings
   and be pleased with all your sacrifices.
May he give you what you desire
   and make all your plans succeed.
Then we will shout for joy over our victory
   and celebrate your triumph by praising our God.
May the Lord answer all our requests.
Now I know that the Lord gives victory to his chosen king;
   he answers us from his holy heaven
   and by his Your power gives us great victories.
Some trust in their war chariots
   and others in their horses,
   but we trust in the power of the Lord our God.
Such people will stumble and fall,
   but we will rise and stand firm.
Give victory to Your children, O Lord;
   answer us when we call.

Footnotes:

Psalm 20:1 HEBREW TITLE: A psalm by David.
Psalm 20:9 Some ancient translations answer; Hebrew he will answer.

Dernière édition par végétalienne-13 le Mar 31 Déc - 13:48, édité 1 fois
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Catholic prayers of victory   Dim 29 Déc - 14:27

ears ago, I attended a parish where the people were accustomed to shout out their intentions during the prayers of the faithful at Mass -- a practice I abominate...but I digress.  There was a woman in the front row who used to always shout out the same intention: Lord, give us the strength to go on fighting the war against abortion.

Setting aside the fact that shouting out intentions during Mass really stinks, I always found that lady's intention particularly irritating.  Why would we want to keep any kind of a war going?  We should be praying for victory in the war on abortion, and that swiftly and decisively.  We should be praying to mop the floor with the abortion lobby, in the very near future.  To pray merely for the strength to keep up the war seems to me to smack of despair and pusillanimity.

In fact, we ought to be praying for the resounding, crushing defeat of all evildoers.  We are locked in deadly struggle, firstly, against the devils of hell, and secondly, against their allies on earth.  It is not a recycling, vegan, granola-eating, Birkenstock-wearing God who inspired these verses (Psalm 67:22-24):  
But God shall break the heads of his enemies: the hairy crown of them that walk on in their sins. The Lord said: I will turn them from Basan, I will turn them into the depth of the sea: That thy foot may be dipped in the blood of thy enemies; the tongue of thy dogs be red with the same.  
We have forgotten this in our squeamish, squishy, emasculated age (and I do not exempt myself from this opprobrium), where, instead of striving for justice, we just whine about getting along.  We have forgotten that we can have no truck with the devil and those who have consciously and deliberately dedicated themselves to his service.  We need to fight them with every fiber, and we need to beg God for their total destruction.

Fortunately, our Mother the Church has taught us how to do this.  We have, in the first place, the Sacraments, to give, restore and increase sanctifying grace (without which we cannot hope to do ourselves or anyone else any good in the spiritual order), and to give us particular necessary graces.  We have penances and indulgences.  And we are taught to pray.  Scripture is full of prayers for the defeat of our enemies (i.e., those who are also enemies of God); the Psalms are loaded with them.  And there are other prayers that are useful for this intention.  Herewith some good ones (given not only in English but also in Latin, because the devil hates Latin):

Dernière édition par végétalienne-13 le Mar 31 Déc - 13:59, édité 1 fois
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Catholic prayers of victory   Dim 29 Déc - 14:27

DECEMBER 15, 2000

Ours Is the God of Victories

prayers against enemies.  We in the Church have really gotten wimpy in the face of our enemies over the last several decades, and now we can't figure out why they have the upper hand.  We need to remember that the enemies of the Church are the enemies of God, and that behind them is the primordial enemy, the devil himself.  We should pray for the conversion of the humans under the devil's sway, but we should also do what we can to thwart them: this includes praying for their defeat.  

Such prayers are not only permissible, but laudable, and perfectly in line with Scripture and Tradition.  Running my finger down the table of contents of my trusty 1962 Missal, I find votive Masses against the persecutors of the Church, and against persecutors and evildoers.  Consider the Collect of the Mass against Persecutors and Evildoers:
Hostium nostrorum, quaesumus, domine, elide superbiam: et eorum contumaciam dexterae tuae virtute prosterne.
O Lord, we beseech Thee, crush the pride of our enemies and humble their insolence by the might of Thy hand.
What ever possessed us to stop offering this Mass, and praying this prayer?

Then of course there are the maledictory Psalms, such as Psalm 68; the St. Michael prayer, that is said after every Low Mass; and, one of my favorites, the Litany of Saints sung in procession on Rogation Days, in which we pray, among other things, that God would deign to humiliate the enemies of His Church.  What good has come of our having largely abandoned these prayers?

We need to remember that our God is not the God of Mediocrity or the God of Level Playing Fields, but the God of Victories.  We must remember that those who pit themselves against Him should be given no quarter.  We must both strive and pray for their absolute, crushing, decisive and humiliating defeat, even if we do not hope to witness such a defeat with our own eyes.
You might also like:
Time for a Novena
Why the Extraordinary Form Is Better: An Appeal to Priests

Dernière édition par végétalienne-13 le Mar 31 Déc - 14:12, édité 1 fois
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: Catholic prayers of victory   Mar 31 Déc - 14:00

Prayer against Persecutors and Evildoers

Hostium nostrorum, quaesumus, Domine, elide superbiam: et eorum contumaciam dexterae tuae virtute prosterne. Per Dominum.

Crush, O Lord, we beseech Thee, the pride of our enemies: and prostrate their arrogance by the might of Thy right hand. Through our Lord.

Prayer to St. Michael

DEUS , defende nos in proelio; contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium. Imperat illi Deus; supplices deprecamur: tuque, Princeps militiae coelestis, Satanam aliosque spiritus malignos, qui ad perditionem animarum pervagantur in mundo, divina virtute in infernum detrude. Amen

O our GOD , defend us in battle.  Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.  May YOU rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do Thou, by Your power O God, cast into hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Some Ejaculations from the Psalms

Psalm 6:11: Erubescant et conturbentur vehementer omnes inimici mei convertantur et erubescant valde velociter.  Let all my enemies be ashamed, and be very much troubled: let them be turned back, and be ashamed very speedily.

Psalm 58:2: Eripe me de inimicis meis, Deus, et ab insurgentibus in me libera me. Deliver me from my enemies, O my God; and defend me from them that rise up against me.

Psalms 53:7: Avertet mala inimicis meis; in veritate tua disperde illos.  Turn back the evils upon my enemies; and cut them off in thy truth.

Psalms 67:2: Exsurgat Deus et dissipentur inimici eius, et fugiant qui oderunt eum a facie eius.  Let God arise, and let His enemies be scattered: and let them that hate Him flee from before His face.

So in these stern times, let us do penance, pray for the defeat of our enemies, and then go out and take care of business.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Catholic prayers of victory   Aujourd'hui à 1:45

Catholic prayers of victory
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1