Who Should We Worship: Jesus or Yeshua?
By Mary FairchildMay 3, 2013
My BioHeadlinesRSS
Follow me on:
Ads: Who Is Jesus God Jesus Christ The Jesus Jesus Israel Bible Jesus
A reader asks:

Ihs (Monogram of Jesus)
Monogram of Jesus
Jewish people say that our Lord Jesus' real Hebrew name is Yeshua. If it is true, then why are people worshiping him in the wrong name?
The reader is not the first person to ask this question. Some religious movements have argued that we worship the wrong Savior if we do not call him by his Hebrew name, Yeshua.

Learn the meaning of the Hebrew word "Yeshua" and why he is called "Jesus" in English:

Why Do We Call Him Jesus if His Name is Yeshua?
Image © Sue Chastain

Follow Me: Twitter | Facebook | Newsletter
Comments (11) See All Posts Share
Prev Next
Ads
Online Prayer Request
whyprayer.com/Prayer
Submit Your Prophetic Prayer To Get Your Answers Now.
Méditation Très Profonde
www.meditation3g.com
Vous voulez Méditer Profondément ? Guide complet de Méditation Gratuit
Children Ministry
teachsundayschool.com/Childrens
52 Children's Church Lesson Plans. Ages 2-14. Fun Activities & Games.
Leave a Comment
Comments
January 19, 2010 at 4:35 am(1) Gan Eden says:
Because there is no “J” in Hebrew or Aramaic therefore His Name was never Jesus, which is a pseudo translation into Greek then Latin and then English. All filtered down.

The term Jesus has no meaning in any language other than the pagan language of Greece. It means nothing in Hebrew, the language of the Bible.

We are warned in the Torah not to make YHWH’s Name vain or zero. We do that when we use the name of a non existant god in the place of the Almighty YHWH!

Yeshua came in the Fathers Name> Yah. Jesus came in his own name and many have received him…sadly.

January 23, 2010 at 5:35 pm(2) daniyahu says:
you can’t change a personal name. and i would like to tell you that jesus does not mean salvation as the other 2 names you mention. so when you change something in the name of that person it takes away the meaning in which the name was given. something to think on, is obama still obama all over the world?

July 21, 2011 at 7:37 am(3) Beautiful says:
Yeshua is the name of salvation not Jesus. The whole world has been led in this distorted view of God. Yeshua actually means “YHVH is salvation” so respect the name and only pray in Yeshua’s name.

Blessed from above

January 22, 2013 at 5:01 am(4) SC says:
Actually Jesus does have meaning in other languages lol! (e.g. Spanish it means God rescues).

I agree w/ the author’s other article as far as differentiating between Yeshua & Jesus. I think people forget that English is one of the only languages to evolve & reinvent itself. Yes, Yeshua is the Hebrew name & that name translated in Greek is Iesous, which translates to Jesus in English. Can we help it that someone created a new letter after the Bible was written? No. Jeshua/Iesous/Jesus are the same person, just pronounced/written differently in other languages. Hate to tell you but the world has more languages than Hebrew. It’s like me getting offended b/c in Italy they pronounce my name Alessandra, in Germany they pronounce in Zahndra, in Sweden they pronounce it Sassa, in the Ukraine they pronounce it Lesya and so on, so YES YOU CAN change a personal name. It doesn’t change the fact that when I visit any of those countries they’re referring to ME!

Maybe you’d have a valid point if people were saying that Jesus & Yeshua were two different beings, but nobody’s saying that BUT YOU. I certainly don’t believe they’re two different beings.

Ads
Free Messianic Bible
www.messianicbible.com
If you love Israel & Jewish People Reserve your Free Bible Today!
bible college
www.nevereverthesame.com
Life transforming Bible College Ministry in Healing & Discipleship
April 5, 2013 at 7:22 am(5) michael wilkins says:
If my name is Michael where ever I go in the world that is what people will call me. In the 70′s when Asian people came to the uk, we could not pronounce their names so we called them by English names, because we thought their names were funny, We would not do that now so why do it to our Redeemer. We tell peoplle their is only one God his name is not Allah or Buddah or whatever. His name is Yahweh, and his son is Yeshua, when ever I travel aboard I am called by my English name, unless I tell them something different

May 8, 2013 at 10:52 am(6) Asafu John says:
My name is John.In my mother toungue its Yohane all the two mean me not anyone else.

May 11, 2013 at 11:26 am(7) Apostle Dr. C. Turrell says:
Scripture tells us that He would come in His Father’s Name. Ps 68:4 says it was Yah because there was no “J” in the Hebrew Language, and also when you see the alphabet in Ps 119 you will see there was no ‘W” either and also by Strongs, “shua” does not mean salvation. So what is His name it is Yahvahosha, and the Father’s Name is Yahvah. This i coming in the Father’s name. And when we say HalleluYAH we are calling His Name!

June 1, 2013 at 11:15 pm(Cool Brian Mahlati says:
If your parents call you JOHN, you are JOHN till you are dead. Even after you are dead, if people enquire whose grave is this. The answer would be very simple, JOHN’s grave. They wont say it’s YOHANE’s grave. I fail to understand why people would translate somebody’s name. People can pronounce it wrongly, but address you by your name. I think let us be very upfront here, the people who translated the Bible from the original Hebrew Bible made an error by translating even the people’s names. My surname is MAHLATI, which is FORESTS in English. If you call my office and ask for MR FORESTS, my PA wont know that person

June 1, 2013 at 11:17 pm(9) Brian Lonwabo Mahlati says:
Nobody is called by his/her name’s meaning or name’s translated name, unless something is wrong with that person. As somebody has said, if you were to meet Mary and ask her about Jesus, she would not know who you are talking about. But if you asked her about YESHUA, she would tell you, YESHUA is her firstborn child. Go to my hometown now and ask people that I grew with if they know HAPPY. They won’t know HAPPINESS, because my name my father gave me is LONWABO not HAPPINESS . (HAPPINESS is the English meaning of my first name). If you travel and go through a border security. They will ask for your identification. If they ask my name, and I tell them a different name which is not the same as one on my identification I may not be allowed to proceed with my journey

June 1, 2013 at 11:19 pm(10) Brian Lonwabo Mahlati says:
When Yaweh sent Moses to the Israelites in Egypt, He told him,” this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.” Exod 3:15. When YESHUA was to be born, the angel told Mary, “And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name YESHUA. (Luke 1:31). Joseph also was told,”20But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. 21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name YESHUA: for he shall save his people from their sins.” Luke 1:20-21. The Bible also says, ” Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of YESHUA every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that YESHUA HAMASHIACH is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.Phil 2:9-11

June 1, 2013 at 11:20 pm(11) Brian Lonwabo Mahlati says:
Acts 4:10-12 says,” Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of YESHUA HAMASHIACH of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other NAME under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” My concern is that we might have lost the Power and the Authority attached to the name YESHUA, when using the other name. Other than that I would not have a problem for somebody praying in Jesus Name. YAWEH must prove that the name YESHUA carries Power and Authority in it as the Scriptures say. I am not saying people should stop using the Name of Jesus if they think it is the right one to use. I believe the Holy Spirit will lead us into all the truth about this subject. I wonder also if demons will leave a person if we cast them in the name of Jesus and not the name of YESHUA. Will people be healed of their sicknesses and diseases if we lay hands on them in Jesus name and not in YESHUA’s name. I wonder, won’t the Father ask us, when we pray in the name of Jesus, WHO IS THAT? Definitely He knows He doesn’t have a son by that name. His son’s name is YESHUA. I wonder, will our prayers be answered if we pray in Jesus name and not in YESHUA’s name

Leave a Comment
Related Articles
Name of Jesus - Why Do We Call Him Jesus if His Name is Yeshua?
Hebrew Names for Boys - Hebrew Names and Their Meanings (N-Z)
Hebrew Names for Boys - Hebrew Names and Their Meanings (A-G)
6 Ways to Try Out Your Baby Names Before Birth
Hebrew Names for Girls - Hebrew Girls Names with their Meanings (L-P)
Advertisement

See More About
jesus christ
the names of god
Related Blogs
Desiring God
The Resurgence
Christianity Today
Beliefnet
Bible Gateway
Joel C. Rosenberg
World Magazine
One News Now
Better Parents, Better Families
More blogs

More from the Web
Sponsored Content by nRelate
Look for These 5 Signs That Dementia is Starting in Your ...
Look for These 5 Signs That Dementia is Starting in Your ...
Newsmax Health
What the Bible Says About Investing (Shocking)
What the Bible Says About Investing (Shocking)
Money News
The 19 Must Have Stocks in 2014
The 19 Must Have Stocks in 2014
Money News
Warren Buffett Indicator Signals Collapse in Stock Market
Warren Buffett Indicator Signals Collapse in Stock Market
Money News
Top Related Searches Yeshua Jesus Gp
Explore Christianity
Must Reads
Basic Christian Beliefs
Champion Bible Reading Plans
How to Love Like Jesus
When is Easter This Year?
The Bible's Most Inspiring Words
Most Popular
Easter 2014 Dates
Bible Verses About Love
Inspirational Bible Verses
Christian Baby Girl Names A-D
Christian Baby Boy Names
See More About:
jesus christ
the names of god
By Category
New Christians & Seekers
Prayers & Verses
Denominations
Bible Study Tools
Devotionals
Real Life Testimonies
Baptism, Weddings, Funerals
Marriage & Family Advice
Church & Outreach
Books, Movies, Music & More
Christian Baby Names
Holidays & Celebrations
Symbols & Pictures
Reader Stories & Advice
What Does the Bible Say?

About.comReligion & SpiritualityChristianity
Advertise on About.comOur StoryNewsSiteMapAll TopicsReprintsHelpWrite for AboutCareers at AboutUser AgreementEthics PolicyPatent Info.Privacy PolicyYour Ad Choices
©2014 About.com. All rights reserved.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Jesus
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1