january 5, 2011
Everybody needs a home… even cool cats like the lynx. Unfortunately, these forest felines need a very specific kind of habitat to survive – habitat that is threatened by climate change and reckless development schemes.
Significant populations of lynx are thought to exist only in Montana and Washington. But, with the help of caring people like you, we can work to restore lynx in other parts of the country where they’ve historically lived.
Help us secure the funds we need to protect lynx and other wildlife. Vote now for Defenders of Wildlife in the American Express Members Project.
Defenders of Wildlife has been selected as a possible recipient of $200,000 from the American Express Members project, but we need your vote to win!
Two hundred thousand dollars can do a lot of good for lynx and other wildlife.
It can help us stop harmful development that would compromise lynx habitat. It can fund rewards to capture people who illegally kill these rare forest felines. And it can help us advocate for policies to address climate change that is threatening the very survival of these reclusive cats.
Defenders has been working for two decades to draw attention to the plight of the lynx, provide it with federal protection under the Endangered Species Act and protect critical lynx habitat.
Defenders of Wildlife is still ranked first in the environment and wildlife charities… and we still have a very good chance of winning $200,000 to help support our programs to save lynx and other wildlife.
But we can’t let up now. Just a few seconds of your time can help us win. Here’s how to vote….
1. Go to the Defenders Members Project page at www.defenders.org/membersproject.
2. Scroll down to the Vote section in the lower left corner of the page. The Members Project is a partnership between American Express and TakePart, so you need to be a member of TakePart to vote. First, click the Sign Up And Vote button. NOTE: If you’re already registered and logged in with TakePart, the button will say Vote For This Charity and clicking it will take you to the final step below.
3. Click the Register to Vote button.
4. A form will pop up. Fill out all the required fields and make sure you check the boxes to accept the terms for both TakePart and Members Project. NOTE: You can use your full name as your username, including a space, if you want.
5. Once you’re registered, scroll down the page and click the Defenders logo. A little box will pop up.Vote for Defenders of Wildlife.
6. Click the Vote button in the popup. You’ll be prompted to confirm your choice.
You can vote once a week from now until mid-February, so please remember to vote for Defenders of Wildlife each week.
Thanks for taking the time to make a difference and defend wildlife!
Defenders of Wildlife
Organization | 1130 17th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20036
Save Something Wild!
Fighting for the survival of polar bears. Helping wolves where they are most imperiled. Promoting new safeguards for Florida panthers and California’s sea otters. Protecting sea turtles from dangerous fishing practices. Advocating for clean energy solutions that keep wildlife out of harm’s way.
These are just a few of the ways that Defenders of Wildlife works every day to ensure that our endangered animals and wild places are around for future generations to enjoy.
For more than 65 years, Defenders of Wildlife has led the fight to save threatened and endangered species with innovative approaches that help wolves, polar bears, big cats, and other imperiled wildlife survive in an ever-changing world. It was Defenders who, back in 1995, helped bring wolves back to the Greater Yellowstone ecosystem – a landmark conservation milestone.
We are conservation advocates, scientists, lawyers, and wildlife champions standing one million strong, and we are driven by a passion for protecting wild animals and plants in their natural communities.
Will you help defend America’s wildlife and save something wild?