Partagez | 

famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : Précédent  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Suivant
AuteurMessage
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

Masculin Nombre de messages : 19980

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 26 Nov - 5:36

FROM TEEN PEOPLE

Secrets of Successful Couples
True love exists! But it takes hard work. Here, 14 celebrity and real-teen twosomes share their recipes for romance and tips for making it last
By Zena Burns
Jan 06, 2006 04:00PM EST

Jeff Lipsky
Hilary Duff, 18, and Good Charlotte's Joel Madden, 26; Dating 1 1/2 years; LA

THEIR SECRET: THEY DIDN'T RUSH INTO ROMANCE

HOW THEY MET Sure, they’re an unlikely couple, but anyone who meets them can see that Hilary and Joel are crazy in love. You won’t get any baby talk or PDA from the former Lizzie McGuire and her man, who hung out with TEEN PEOPLE on a postcard-perfect Los Angeles day. Instead, the multiplatinum pair are constantly stealing glances, finishing each other’s sentences and giving the impression that, cynics be damned, they really are made for each other.

But back in 2003, when Hilary and Joel’s mutual friend, Simple Plan guitarist David Desrosiers, invited them out to see his band play, it was far from love at first sight. “Before the show, we met up at this Thai restaurant, but my friend and I ate before we went,” Hilary says. “We looked like those dumb girls who don’t eat around guys, and [Joel] made comments about that.” Later, at the show, Hilary’s star status didn’t help matters. “I thought she was cute, but I figured she was really Hollywood -- just another famous person who wanted me to be impressed by her,” Joel says. But as a girl who loves a challenge, Hilary was determined to win Joel over, and after she chatted him up all night, the pair exchanged numbers. A month passed before they spoke again, and when they did, they were on the phone for hours. “We talked about my being from Texas and loving meat and his being from Maryland and being a vegetarian,” Hilary says. “We talked for such a long time, and that’s how it happened.”

A CHALLENGING COURTSHIP The odds were against these two from the start: Rocker Joel isn’t necessarily the type one would expect to woo -- and win -- sweet pop princess Hilary. “I’d never been attracted to [a tattooed guy] like Joel before,” says Hilary, whose past boyfriends, like Aaron Carter, now 18, weren’t exactly rock and roll. “I come from a conservative family.” Another strike against the couple? Hilary and Joel had both recently broken up with significant others and were wary about jumping into a new relationship. But perhaps the biggest hurdle was the eight-year age difference. Although Hilary says Joel sometimes acts like a teenager and Joel claims Hilary is wise beyond her years, it created a mini-scandal. “All you’d ever read about in magazines was 16-year-old Hilary Duff and 24-year-old Joel Madden,” Hilary says. “But we were on the same level, even though he was so much older.” Joel admits that at first he was concerned about the idea of dating a girl only halfway through her teens. (In fact, when asked if he’d be OK with a future daughter dating a guy his age, he says, “I wouldn’t let it happen.”) “I was like, ‘I don’t know what I’m doing,’” Joel says. “I didn’t care what the press would say. I cared what my mom would say. But I couldn’t get [Hilary] off my mind. We were just friends for four or five months.” Even after that first kiss, Joel struggled with his feelings. “I had trouble accepting that I’d met this awesome girl who was really good for me. So I got scared and I stood her up,” he says. “She called me three or four times in a row, and I didn’t answer.” The next day, Hilary laid down the law. “She was like, ‘We need to figure out what’s going on, because I like you, and you really hurt my feelings.’” Her speech was just what Joel needed to hear, and they’ve been a twosome ever since.

TAKING IT SLOW You’d probably figure that Joel, a rock star eight years Hilary’s senior, must have pushed her to hook up, right? Wrong. “Joel is the most respectful boyfriend I’ve ever had,” Hilary says. “We had five or six dates before we even kissed. If my jeans are too low and I bend over, he’ll cover my butt.” Joel adds, “This is the slowest relationship, physically, that I’ve had. It’s grown at the right pace, organically and naturally.”

WHY IT WORKS “He’s my best friend,” Hilary says. “When I’m upset, I can shut out the fact that he’s my cute boyfriend who I love so much. I can talk to him, and he’ll tell me what’s up.” And don’t expect them to hit the club scene every night. For one, Joel has been drug- and alcohol-free for two years, which makes him Hilary-tested, mom-approved. “Joel and my mom [Susan] hang out even when I’m not in town!” Hilary says with a laugh.

FOREVER YOURS, FAITHFULLY The Good Charlotte frontman would never consider giving in to groupies. “I think it’s because I came from a broken home, but my whole life, all I wanted was some stability,” says Joel, who was 16 when his father left his mom, Robin, and the rest of the family. “For the first time in my life, someone has given that to me, and that’s priceless. So I don’t even think about not being faithful. To me, cheating is lame. And I think flirting is cheating’s ugly cousin.”

WHAT LIES AHEAD A Britney-style Vegas elopement? A Talan-and-Kimberly-inspired publicity-stunt engagement? Nah. “We think about the future, but not marriage,” Joel says. “I just hope we’re always happy.” Holding Joel’s hand, Hilary seconds his emotion: “I don’t ever think about being apart from Joel. We just feel so comfortable with each other, and we know that we’re not going anywhere.”

http://www.teenpeople.com/teenpeople/article/0,22196,1142428,00.shtml
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 26 Nov - 5:36

Noticia del 6 de junio de 2007 :

Una emission sobre vegetalismo con Linda Blair :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRuLkuN2DnA
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 26 Nov - 5:41

News du 20 mai 2008 :

Be Like Oprah: Try a Vegetarian Diet Today

Photo Credit: Star Max Inc.

After reading the book Quantum Wellness by Kathy Freston, none other than media mogul Oprah Winfrey decided to give conscious (aka vegan!) eating a try. For three weeks, Oprah is going to indulge in meat-free meals in order to experience the numerous health benefits that come with being vegetarian, and now we're hoping that you'll do the same by taking our "Pledge to Be Veg for Seven Days"!

Oprah has decided to try a strict cleanse. In addition to being vegan, she'll forgo alcohol, wheat, and sugar—but luckily, you don't have to follow the same restrictions in order to experience benefits too! By simply replacing your normal animal-filled fare with vegetarian versions, you'll be on your way to a healthier you. That's right—you can replace the dairy ice cream in your freezer with soy ice cream and the beef burgers on your grill with Boca, and you'll still be making healthier choices. Why? Vegan foods are naturally cholesterol-free and higher in fiber.

We love Oprah for doing this! If you do it, too, we guarantee that you'll experience tremendous benefits—such as clearer skin, increased energy, and improved protection against disease. And in addition to improving your health, going vegetarian will help the environment by reducing your greenhouse-gas emissions, which cause global warming, and will save the lives of innocent animals.

With so many wonderful benefits just around the corner, why not give vegetarianism a try now?

Going vegetarian is easier than ever because of the multitude of wonderful resources available. PETA offers an easy-to-follow guide to going vegetarian, two-week meal plans, and our "Vegetarian Starter Kit"—all for free. And books, like Quantum Wellness: A Practical and Spiritual Guide to Health and Happiness by New York Times bestselling author Kathy Freston, are readily available to guide and inspire you on your journey to a more compassionate diet.

Follow in Oprah's footsteps by trying a vegetarian diet for at least seven days and we'll send you all of the great resources you need to get started!
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 26 Nov - 5:41

News du 11 mai 2008 :

'24' star Aisha Tyler's vegetarian rebellion!

'24' star Aisha Tyler has revealed she used to rebel against her vegetarian parents by eating meat behind their backs.

The sexy actress, who played Ross' girlfriend, Charlie, in 'Friends', says her parents wouldn't let her eat meat when she was growing up and instead of doing the 'normal' teenage rebelling, she decided to eat meat.

She said in an interview with Britain's Night and Day magazine: "I love food. I'm not someone who has ever been able to survive on lettuce leaves.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 26 Nov - 5:42

News du 1er novembre 2008 :

Jessica Biel has been rumored to be a vegetarian actress
used to be veg.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 26 Nov - 5:42

News du 9 novembre 2008 :TOMMY LEE STRUGGLES AS A VEGETARIAN

Don't tell PAMELA ANDERSON, but her ex-husband can't stay away from meat.

Rocker Tommy Lee agreed to give vegetarianism a try when he recently reconciled with his meat-free ex, but he admits he can't give up burgers.

He says, "There's been two times now, where I've driven by In-N-Out (burger chain) and I'm like, `Pull the damn car over, I need a triple-triple (burger), dude.'"
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 26 Nov - 5:44

JOSH HARTNETT - HARTNETT FORCED TO EAT MEAT

Actor JOSH HARTNETT was forced to abandon his vegetarian diet, after a doctor ordered him to eat meat while undergoing a brutal training regime during filming in Bulgaria. The actor was getting into shape to play an ex-boxer in the film BLACK DAHLIA and became gaunt from the lack proper food to maintain his vegetarian lifestyle. He explains, "It's all meat, all the time, over there. "I was trying for awhile, but I would work 12 hours and then box for four hours every night. "I was gaunt. The doctor told me, 'Eat meat." And that was it."

31/03/2006 03:04
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 26 Nov - 5:44

Kellie Pickler Vegetarian Thanks To The Power Of Blonds
Written by Veg Star Staff on October 29th, 2008 in Female Musicians, Female Singers.

You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

now loading...
the best visual content,
for the best publishers
The 43rd Annual...

Photo by Charley Gallay/Getty...

Read more

The 43rd Annual Academy Of...
LAS VEGAS - MAY 18: Singer Kellie Pickler arrives at the 43rd annual Academy Of Country Music Awards held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on May 18, 2008 in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Photo by Charley Gallay/Getty Images)

Photo by Charley Gallay/Getty...
Publish this imageclose
Email image to a friendclose
Kiss that meat goodbye, girlfriend!

We always like it when someone crosses over to our side. Country music star and American Idol finalist Kellie Pickler is the latest celebrity to become vegetarian. Even better, she’s talking about it.

In People Magazine, she credits both Pamela Anderson and Carrie Underwood for helping her convert. We call it the power of blonds.

Pickler first switched to being a veg for health reasons. Then she saw a video by Pamela Anderson on animal rights, which, much like the experience of Anthony Kiedis, convinced her there was no turning back.

“A lot of it has to do with knowing what happens to the animals and it really bothered me and so I will not eat meat,” she said.

So Pamela Anderson is the first blond. Then comes fellow Idol alumnus Carrie Underwood. When she made the decision, she began texting back and forth, asking Carrie all sorts of newbie questions, such as “Is fish considered a meat?” Underwood, being the ever supportive teacher didn’t know if Pickler could pull it off at first and was amazed that she stuck through it.

Being a small fish in a large pond, Pickler is careful not to get too preachy. There aren’t many vegetarians in country music, with Shania Twain being one of the few.

“Most country girls do like their meat!” she said.

Now one less country girl eats her meat.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 26 Nov - 5:45

No, Benjamin Zephaniah, Vegan’s Not An Insult!
Written by Veg Star Staff on October 29th, 2008 in Authors.

You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Growing up, poet and vegan Benjamin Zephaniah viewed animals as friends that didn’t judge him by the color of his skin. It was probably this love of animals that played a big role in his decision to become vegan-even if he didn’t know what ”vegan” meant.

It seems he cut dairy from his diet without knowing there was a name for it. And when someone called him the name for it, he didn’t take it too well.

During an interview on Veggie Vision TV, and UK based vegetarian themed internet television, he told a story about how he got into a fight with someone who called him “vegan,” because at the time he thought it was some sort of racial insult.

Not sure what happened when he found out the meaning of the word. Maybe he treated the guy to a tall glass of soy milk as a peace offering?
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 26 Nov - 5:46

Did Pickler Interrupt Underwood’s Veggie Meal With Stork?
Written by Veg Star Staff on October 29th, 2008 in Female Musicians, Female Singers.

now loading...
the best visual content,
for the best publishers
Carrie Underwood...

Photo by Bryan Bedder/Getty...

Read more

Carrie Underwood Unveils Her...
NEW YORK - OCTOBER 22: Singer Carrie Underwood poses with her wax figure during the unveiling at Madame Tussauds on October 22, 2008 in New York City. (Photo by Bryan Bedder/Getty Images)

Photo by Bryan Bedder/Getty...
Publish this imageclose
Carrie: No Kellie, you don’t want to eat it if it’s cooked in chicken broth. LOL!

Carrie Underwood may have found a man that’s just as good as animals this time. She was spotted having dinner with Travis Stork, a former TV “Bachelor.”

Insiders gave lots of juicy details such as the dinner couple holding hands and showing affect and taking a break from lovin’ to sing Happy Birthday to a nearby party.

We have a strange suspicion that insiders failed to notice that Carrie got interrupted 10 times that night by newly vegetarian Kellie Pickler texting questions about rennet, soymilk, and natural flavorings.

Underwood had said before in an interview that if she had to choose between animals and men, she’d choose animals because she hasn’t found a good man yet, but lots of good animals.

Poor Stork. Doesn’t know the cats, dogs, and farm animals he may be up against.

Carrie ate a very veggie ravioli and beet salad, then finished off with an omelet. No news on what Stork ate.

Kellie: Thanx babe. Luv u so much:)
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 26 Nov - 5:46

Meatless Mouthful: Pamela Anderson’s Chest Gets Discussion Going
Written by Veg Star Staff on October 30th, 2008 in Actresses, Animal Rights, Meatless Mouthful.

now loading...
the best visual content,
for the best publishers
The White House Correspondents'...

Photo by Nancy Ostertag/Getty Images

Read more

The White House Correspondents' Association...
WASHINGTON - APRIL 26: Pamela Anderson arrives at the White House Correspondents' Association dinner on April 26, 2008 in Washington, DC. (Photo by Nancy Ostertag/Getty Images)

Photo by Nancy Ostertag/Getty Images
Publish this imageclose

“My exhibitionism can be a great vehicle - here are the boobs, now let’s talk about animal experimentation.”

—-Pamela Anderson, in an interview admitting she’s likes dressing sexy and getting attention and that it can be helpful when trying to get people to pay attention to issues she’s talking about.

It definitely gets discussion going. Whether or not the conversation and thoughts are about animal rights is yet to be determined.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 26 Nov - 5:47

3rd Rock’s Nerd Consultant Brian Greene Searches For Perfect Vegan Pizza
Written by Veg Star Staff on October 30th, 2008 in Authors.

Brian Greene is a physicist and professor who was educated at Harvard and currently teaches at Columbia University where he studies how the universe works. The discipline he thinks rocks the most is “string theory,” also known as unified field theory. Don’t ask us how to explain it.

So why is he here on a celebrity site? Well, he’s become a celebrity in in own nerdy way, appearing on The David Letterman Show, Conan O’Brian, and has authored several books. He also kept the writers at 3rd Rock From The Sun from looking stupid when they incorporated science facts into episodes for the show.

Shortly after telling his mom he was going vegetarian, he went to the fridge to make a salami sandwich. Does this prove that science geniuses aren’t always that smart, ha, ha? Well, he was only nine years old, so give him a break. He chalks it up to his “city kid” awareness of things. (We think this means if it no longer looks like meat, it fools ya.)

“I became vegetarian when I was nine because my mother cooked spare ribs in a manner that made the connection to meat from an animal particularly clear. So at that point I said I’m never eating meat again and proceeded to go to the refrigerator and make a salami sandwich, because, a city kid, you know, what is meat? You don’t know what meat is, really. And my parents said, “Well, that salami is meat.”… But I did eat dairy for a while until I went to an animal sanctuary in Upstate New York and learned all sorts of things about the dairy industry, which, frankly, I was happy not to know. But once I did, I couldn’t go back. I’m still searching for the ultimate vegan pizza.”

If you’re interested in reading the rest of the interview, we can make that happen. If you’re interested in learning more about string theory-you’re on your own.

via Common Ground Mag
Photo: Markus Poessel on Wikimedia Commons
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 26 Nov - 5:47

Joss Stone Imagines There’s No Hunger With Meatless Canapes
Written by Veg Star Staff on October 30th, 2008 in Female Musicians, Female Singers.

now loading...
the best visual content,
for the best publishers
Joss Stone Launches Hard Rock's...

Photo by Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images

Read more

Joss Stone Launches Hard Rock's Serve3 Album
LONDON - OCTOBER 29: Singer Joss Stone launches Hard Rock's Serve3 Album at The Hard Rock Cafe on Park Lane on October 29, 2008 in London, England. The Serve3 Album is a limited edition benifit cd in conjunction with the Hard Rock 'Imagine There's No...

Photo by Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images
Publish this imageclose

Joss Stone requested meat-free canapés at the launch of the “Imagine There’s No Hunger” campaign yesterday at Hard Rock Cafe.

“Imagine There’s No Hunger” is sponsored by Hard Rock International, which is the big daddy of Hard Rock Cafes and their casinos and hotels. The campaign benefits WHY (World Hunger Year), a non-profit organization that works to fight hunger and poverty both in the United States and around the world.

Starting November 4th, you can stop by a Hard Rock Cafe and buy items whose proceeds go toward the campaign such as ornaments, bracelets, pins, and ONE LIMITED EDITION ROCKING CD! which features several artists, including Stone. The track list for the CD, Serve3, is as follows:

Bruce Springsteen “Remember When The Music”
Joss Stone “Love Has Made You Beautiful”
My Morning Jacket “Look At You”
Avril Lavigne “When You’re Gone”
Robert Randolph & The Family Band“Diane” (Live from Bonnaroo 2006)
The Charlatans “Complete Control”
Ryan Shaw “People Get Ready”
Marc Broussard “Keep Coming Back”
Starsailor “Military Madness”
Micki Free“Mother Earth”
DMC “I Be Rockin’ It”
The Chapin Sisters “I Know It’s Over”
John Lennon “Give Peace A Chance”

The CD will also be available on iTunes.com. Or, you can go online completely for your Hard Rock Charitable shopping and purchase any of the other items as well.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 26 Nov - 5:48

The Hills’ Lauren Conrad’s Fishy Behavior
Written by Veg Star Staff on October 30th, 2008 in Actresses, Not So Vegetarian.

now loading...
the best visual content,
for the best publishers
The Avon...

Photo by Astrid Stawiarz/Getty...

Read more

The Avon Foundation Hosts The...
NEW YORK - OCTOBER 28: Television personality Lauren Conrad arrives at The Hope Honors hosted by the Avon Foundation at Cipriani 42nd Street on October 28, 2008 in New York City. (Photo by Astrid Stawiarz/Getty Images)

Photo by Astrid Stawiarz/Getty...
Publish this imageclose
Something stinks. We think it’s Lauren Conrad. She doesn’t actually smell of real fish (depending on if she’s eaten recently), but her actions do.

The FORMER vegetarian appears in an interview in the November issue of Cosmopolitan and says that although she used to be a strict vegetarian, she now eats fish.

MTV’s “The Hills” actress also reports craving salts instead of sweets, calling it a “salt tooth.”

You can pick up a copy of Cosmopolitan, which has been on the stands since October 14th and learn how Lauren deals with trying to be a normal 22-year old living in a fish (he, he, have to get that pun in) bowl as a Hollywood star.

via Ace Showbiz
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 26 Nov - 5:48

Peta On Russell Brand: Vegetarian Blood Is Thicker Than Foul Mouthed Water
Written by Veg Star Staff on October 31st, 2008 in Actors.

now loading...
the best visual content,
for the best publishers
Russell Brand...

Photo by Matt Cardy/Getty Images

Read more

Russell Brand Resigns From BBC...
LONDON - OCTOBER 29: Russell Brand stands outside his house following his resignation from his BBC radio programme on October 29, 2008 in London, England. Presenters Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross made a series of prank calls to actor Andrew Sachs, that were subsequently...

Photo by Matt Cardy/Getty Images
Publish this imageclose
Russell Brand isn’t known for his saintly behavior or tact. Some might find it funny, but many find his antics and comments offensive. So when people found out he was on the cover of Peta’s Vegetarian Starter Kit, a flood of phone calls and email were sent to the organization by some who didn’t want him associated with the introduction to a meat-free life.

As if Peta wasn’t contraversial enough already.

The latest offensive act, which is the reason people are protesting his appearance on the kit, involved making an on air prank phone call to the home of actor Andrew Sachs. The call involved leaving an answering machine message stating he, in words we’ll rephrase to keep us from getting blocked from “safe search,” had sexual relations with Sachs granddaughter. Go here to get the uncut version.

Brand was forced to resign from the BBC “Radio 2″ show and issued an apology, but in a sarcastic way:

“I would like to take this opportunity to issue a personal Russell Brand apology to Andrew Sachs, the great comic actor who played Manuel, for a message Jonathan and I left on his answerphone, but it was quite funny.”

But hey, it was a joke right? Besides, they belong to the same club.

“The cover will have him on it because Mr. Sachs, who is also a Peta supporter, has accepted Mr. Brand’s apology, and that’s good enough for us,” said Robbie LeBlanc, Peta’s director.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 26 Nov - 5:49

sitio sobre los artistas vegetarianos :

http://vegetarianstar.com/
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 26 Nov - 5:49

videos sobre aristas vegetarianas : http://www.vegtv.com/healthycelebrities.htm
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 26 Nov - 5:51

Doctor Orders Vegetarian Josh Hartnett To Eat Meat
October 17, 2008 - Josh Hartnett and Scarlett Johansson
Josh Hartnett Photos (119) Josh Hartnett was ordered to give up vegetarianism by his doctor. The 30-year-old actor had been shooting "The Black Dahlia" alongside Scarlett Johansson when he fell ill because of his strict diet and workout regime.

He said: "I was shooting a movie in Bulgaria called 'The Black Dahlia' and I was boxing for it. I was kind of anemic because I wasn't eating very much and I was working out all the time. So I went to the doctors to see what he could do."

"He said to me, 'Do you eat meat?' When I said no, he told me, 'You need to eat meat.' So that was kind of it!"

When asked how he coped with eating meat for the first time, the star said: "It wasn't hard at all - it's actually pretty good stuff."

Josh also revealed he is finding it difficult starring in West End play "Rain Man" in London because of the added pressure of performing in front of a live audience.

He added to BBC Radio 1: "It's just a completely different experience to film because with film you do your take and then you don't get to do it ever again. But with theater you do it over and over again. When you watch a film, it doesn't change each time you watch it but with theater it changes every night."
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 26 Nov - 5:55

Former 'American Idol' finalist Kellie Pickler becoming a vegetarian

By John Bracchitta, 10/29/2008

Carrie Underwood may have some new competition for PETA's 2009 "world's sexiest female celebrity vegetarian" title -- fellow former American Idol finalist and country singer Kellie Pickler, who has revealed that she also became a vegetarian recently.

Most country girls do like their meat!" Pickler, who finished in sixth place on Idol's fifth season, told People in a Tuesday report. "I used to eat steak rare all the time. I'd just throw it on the grill for two seconds, flip it over and it was done and everyone was like, 'That's so gross - that thing is still moving!'"

Pickler told People that while she had intially become intrigued by vegetarianism because of its health benefits, it was a late-night online review of some information from PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) that made up her mind.

RELATED LINKS
American Idol 5 Contestant Info
American Idol 5 Photo Gallery
American Idol Message Boards
RealityTVWorld: American Idol
RealityTVWorld: American Idol 1
RealityTVWorld: American Idol 2
RealityTVWorld: American Idol 3
RealityTVWorld: American Idol 4
RealityTVWorld: American Idol 5
RealityTVWorld: American Idol 6
SirLinksALot: American Idol

More American Idol 5 News

"One night I couldn't sleep and I was up and just Googling random stuff and I'm like, 'Hmmm, PETA.' I saw all the videos and I just thought it was horrible," Pickler told People. "It's animal cruelty. A lot of it has to do with knowing what happens to the animals and it really bothered me and so I will not eat meat."

Pickler said her decision was met with initial skepticism from Underwood, a longtime vegetarian who has been crowned PETA's "world's sexiest female celebrity vegetarian" twice in the last four years.

"I texted Carrie and was like, 'You're never going to believe this!' And she was like, 'No way! I'll give you three days!'" Pickler told People of the fourth-season American Idol champion's initial reaction.

Underwood became less skeptical when Pickler sent her a second text message update two weeks into her new all-veggie diet.

"She was like, 'Wow, I'm so proud of you! You're doing better than I thought!'" Pickler told People. "So we have this little vegetarian thing going on. I'll text her and be like, 'Is fish considered a meat?' And she'll be like, 'Well, different people look at it differently.'"

Pickler said she's now been a vegetarian for five months and her body has felt better since making the switch. Still, she added she hasn't become preachy about converting people away from meat and said it was simply a choice that was good for her.

"It's not like I'm not going to go to dinner with someone if they're going to order a chicken," she told People. "It's just a personal thing to me and I'm not preaching about it to anyone. But I feel more healthy."
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 26 Nov - 5:55

Kellie Pickler Takes Carrie Underwood's Veggie Challenge
Posted Oct 29th 2008 2:00PM by Gayle Richardson
Filed under: Country News

Carrie Underwood and Kellie Pickler have more in common than 'American Idol' fame and soaring country music careers. They also share their distaste in eating meat, now that Pickler has decided to become a vegetarian.

"One night I couldn't sleep and I was up and just Googling random stuff and I'm like, 'Hmmm, PETA,' she tells PEOPLE magazine. "I saw all the videos and I just thought it was horrible. It's animal cruelty. A lot of it has to do with knowing what happens to the animals and it really bothered me and so I will not eat meat."

Underwood was one of the first people Pickler shared her decision with. "I texted Carrie and was like, 'You're never going to believe this!' And she was like, 'No way! I'll give you three days!' "

Pickler admits it was a hard habit to break.

"Most country girls do like their meat!" she says. "I used to eat steak rare all the time. I'd just throw it on the grill for two seconds, flip it over and it was done and everyone was like, 'That's so gross -- that thing is still moving!' "

But Pickler stuck to it, and two weeks later, she sent Underwood another text: "She was like, 'Wow, I'm so proud of you! You're doing better than I thought!'," she says of Underwood's return text. "So we have this little vegetarian thing going on. I'll text her and be like, 'Is fish considered a meat?' And she'll be like, 'Well, different people look at it differently.' "

Pickler joins Shania Twain and Emmylou Harris on a short list of country artists who shun meat. And, like her predecessors, she understands that it is a personal choice for her and not one she chooses to be outspoken about.

"It's not like I'm not going to go to dinner with someone if they're going to order a chicken," she says. "It's just a personal thing to me and I'm not preaching about it to anyone. But I feel more healthy."
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 26 Nov - 5:56

PETA2 Daily Blog

Protesting the Trollsen Twins in NYC! | Main | Know Anyone In California?
Kellie Pickler Goes Vegetarian for the Animals! October 29, 2008
Posted by Patricia | Permalink | Comments ( 7 ) | TrackBack
TAGGED: vegetarian Pamela Anderson celebs gossip animal cruelty Carrie Underwood World's Sexiest Vegetarian Kellie Pickler American Idol

Copyright: NPX/starmaxinc.com

Taking a cue from her pal, fellow country superstar and former Sexiest Vegetarian Alive, Carrie Underwood, Kellie Pickler has stopped eating animals! Oh, and we had a little part to play in her decision, too, dontcha know.

The former American Idol contestant, red-hot country sensation, and reformed rare steak lover recently told People Magazine that she first decided to give up meat for health reasons, but then one night she was randomly Googling (which always leads to cool finds!) and came across one of Pamela Anderson's TV ads, which lead her to our many videos. Our wonderful Pam strikes again!

"One night I couldn't sleep and I was up just Googling random stuff and I'm like, 'Hmmm, PETA.' I saw all the videos and I just thought it was horrible. It's animal cruelty. A lot of it has to do with knowing what happens to the animals and it really bothered me and so I will not eat meat."

It's been five months and Kellie, who says she used to eat rare steak all of the time, is not looking back. And with good friends like Carrie for support, we see a long, healthy, meat-free future for Kellie, who incidentally is getting my vote for World's Sexiest Vegetarian of 2009!

xox
Patricia

P.S. Which peta2 video has had the biggest impact on you or someone you know, and why? Comment below—we love hearing from you!
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 26 Nov - 5:57

Kellie Pickler Turns Veggie, Seeks Advice from Carrie Underwood

Kellie Pickler has become vegetarian for about five months and admits to be feeling "more healthy".
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 26 Nov - 5:58

Kellie Pickler Turns Veggie, Seeks Advice from Carrie UnderwoodAdd CommentOctober 29, 2008 02:54:45 GMT

Kellie Pickler has become vegetarian for about five months and admits to be feeling "more healthy".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© PRN/PR Photos Kellie Pickler has turned her back on meat and becomes a vegetarian. Opening up about her new eating habit, she tells People magazine she's been seeking advice from fellow "American Idol" alum, Carrie Underwood, who's also a vegetarian.

"Most country girls do like their meat!" the country music singer said when recalling her root. "I used to eat steak rare all the time. I'd just throw it on the grill for two seconds, flip it over and it was done and everyone was like, 'That's so gross - that thing is still moving!'"

Trading meat for fruits and vegetables in nearly the past five months, Kellie admitted she made the decision upon concern for her health and her compassion for animals. "One night I couldn't sleep and I was up and just Googling random stuff and I'm like, 'Hmmm, PETA.' I saw all the videos and I just thought it was horrible. It's animal cruelty. A lot of it has to do with knowing what happens to the animals and it really bothered me and so I will not eat meat," she explained.

After that Kellie sent Carrie a text message to inform her about her switch from meat to vegetables. "I texted Carrie and was like, 'You're never going to believe this!' And she was like, 'No way! I'll give you three days!'" she revealed. Still going strong with her veggie commitment, two week later she text messaged Carrie again and "She was like, 'Wow, I'm so proud of you! You're doing better than I thought!'"

Since then, the two singers "have this little vegetarian thing going on." Kellie added, "I'll text her and be like, 'Is fish considered a meat?' And she'll be like, 'Well, different people look at it differently.'" Asked on how her meat-free eating habit affects her life style, Kellie stated, "It's not like I'm not going to go to dinner with someone if they're going to order a chicken. It's just a personal thing to me and I'm not preaching about it to anyone. But I feel more healthy."
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 26 Nov - 5:59

Articulo sobre Travis Barker, una celebridad que fue vegetariana :

http://209.85.129.132/search?q=cache:YsQHbj5S5U4J:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travis_Barker+Travis+Barker+vegetarian&hl=fr&ct=clnk&cd=6&gl=fr
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 26 Nov - 6:00

Articulo sobre Jared Leto, un actor y cantante vegetariano :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Leto
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Aujourd'hui à 16:07

famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 19 sur 22Aller à la page : Précédent  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Suivant