Partagez | 

famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : Précédent  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Suivant
AuteurMessage
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

Masculin Nombre de messages : 19969

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 26 Nov - 6:03

Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Natalie Portman’s Vegan Shoes

It’s only Wednesday, and Natalie Portman is already having a busy week. As previously reported by the Gossip Girls, she was at NBC Studios yesterday morning for the Today Show with her “The Other Boleyn Girl” co-star Scarlett Johansson.

Then yesterday afternoon the “Garden State” babe headed over to Te Casan in the West Village to unveil her new vegan shoe line.

For now, fellow vegans can only get the shoes at the Te Casan boutique, but soon they’ll be for sale on the store’s website.

Natalie looked positively lovely in a printed shirt/dress with dark stockings and some killer red high heels.

Gossip Girls

Enjoy the pictures of Natalie at the launch of her vegan shoe line at Te Casan (February 12).

Article Pictures (Click to enlarge):
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 26 Nov - 6:03

Travis Barker, No Longer Vegetarian; Still Injury Prone and Seemingly Ignorant
by Jason DasOctober 9, 2008 4:19pmFiled under: Celebrities Food Health & Nutrition Music Stupid

We haven't mentioned him in two years, but former Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker's name still drives a tremendous amount of search engine traffic to SuperVegan. Obviously there are better sources for stories about him, but his fans are super dedicated. All we ever did is give him shit for considering eating meat to mend a broken arm that he didn't realize was broken for three weeks and maybe also had a tumor (yeah).

Well, now he's officially not vegetarian (though Vegetarian Star still thinks he is; vegetarians don't eat meat--look it up!). He survived a horrible plane crash recently (based on our traffic stats, the news must have come out on September 20th), and is eating meat for the first time in 25 years to help recover from third-degree burns. Maybe it is his only hope of recovering, but I hope that's not really true. Sounds like he was eating just as poorly as two years ago:
"Because I was a vegetarian, for my first three surgeries, it was hard to get any of my grafts to take to my real skin. I have such low levels of protein. I need protein from food rather than just protein supplements. I changed my diet. I would do anything I possibly could if they said like, 'There's a possibility you might heal faster if you do eat meat or just change your eating habits.' So I did. I don't regret it at all, I feel so much better."

Protein supplements? Really? You can't find vegetarian sources of protein? Anyway, I hope he recovers OK and can satisfactorily re-tattoo his skin. I also hope he goes vegetarian again, and maybe finds a way to eat healthier. I also hope this post gets lots and lots of traffic for SuperVegan.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 26 Nov - 6:04

Did Jessica Simpson's T-Shirt Attack Vegetarian Carrie Underwood?
Wednesday June 18, 2008

Jessica Simpson and Tony Romo head for lunch with Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz in Hollywood on June 1, 2008.
x17online
Buzz up!Did Jessica Simpson try to start a food fight with Tony Romo's ex Carrie Underwood?

The singer, 27, wore a "Real Girls Eat Meat" T-shirt (which she got for free from steakhouse Primehouse New York) during a weekend outing with Romo, who dated Underwood in 2007.

See photos of other stars' T-shirt messages.

Underwood was named PETA's Sexiest Vegetarian in 2005.

PETA quickly jumped to Underwood's defense.

"Jessica Simpson's meaty wardrobe malfunction makes us thankful that no one is looking to her for food advice. Chicken-of-the-Sea, anyone?" a PETA rep tells Usmagazine.com. "The woman who thought that Buffalo 'Wings' came from buffalos would benefit from some good veggie brain food."

Adds the rep: "We're rushing Jessica one of our Vegetarian Starter Kits."
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 26 Nov - 6:06

Aqui hablan de la diete vegetariana de Jared Leto, un actor americano :

http://209.85.129.132/search?q=cache:9-PoMRhhUdUJ:www.wellsphere.com/wellpage/jared-leto-vegetarian-diet+Jared+leto+vegetarian&hl=fr&ct=clnk&cd=10&gl=fr
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 26 Nov - 6:06

TravisBarker Drops Being Vegetarian After Deadly Plane Crash
Filed under: food & drink, healthy living — michael @ 2:38 pm
Former Blink-182 rocker Travis Barker has dropped his vegetarian lifestyle of 25 years in order to heal faster following a devastating plane crash last month. The accident, in which Barker and his pal Adam ‘DJ AM’ Goldstein were the only survivors, occurred after the private plane they were traveling in failed to clear the runway on take-off and burst into flames. Four other people perished in the crash.

The star, who is receiving treatment at a Los Angeles hospital, told Us Weekly magazine, “I need protein from food rather than just protein supplements. I changed my diet. I would do anything I possibly could if they said like, ‘There’s a possibility you might heal faster if you do eat meat or just change your eating habits’. So I did. I don’t regret it at all, I feel so much better.”

I’m not going to judge the guy’s decision to want to heal faster — but veg community, what do you think? Moreover, is it fairly easy to go back to eating meat after being a vegetarian for 25 years? I always thought that was a rough transition for those that hopped off the diet after so many years. Chime in — and our best to Barker as he recovers.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Dim 18 Jan - 7:18

martes 15 de enero de 2008
Paul McCartney pide conversión mundial al vegetarianismo para salvar el planeta
El ex Beatle Paul McCartney pidió a la población mundial convertirse al vegetarianismo para así salvar al planeta por los efectos del cambio climático.

El músico, de 65 años, citó un reciente reporte de la ONU que sugiere que la mejor acción que puede tomar un individuo para salvar al planeta del cambio climático es volverse vegetariano.

"Un reporte reciente de Naciones Unidas, titulado 'Live Stock’s Long Shadow’, contiene un mensaje claro: el acto individual más efectivo que una persona puede realizar para reducir los efectos del calentamiento global es volverse vegetariano", escribió McCartney en una misiva publicada por varios periódicos británicos.

"Lo importante es que este reporte debería impulsar a todos a hacer lo que puedan al respecto", agregó.

El ex Beatle dijo que su misiva puede sonar "como un pesado sobre el vegetarianismo", pero subrayó que la ONU "por una vez acertó en su recomendación".
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Dim 18 Jan - 7:37

Noticia del 01 de enero de 2009 :

Vegans famosos

Benjamin Zephaniah, poeta de Rasta y escritor de guiones de la televisión
Bryan Adams, cantante
Casey Kasem, la personalidad de DJ/media americana
Gordon Newman, dramaturgo de la televisión, dramaturgo y novelista. Escritó For The Greater Good
Heather Small (los M-personas), cantante
Jean Ure, escritor del libro para niños
Leonard Gregory, Dt. Sgt. West en Enders Oriental
Lindsay Wagner, actriz, 'The Bionic Woman'
Martin Shaw, actor
Moby, DJ y productor de la música
Robin Gibb, Bee Gees
Spice Williams, actriz
Wendy Turner, Ponente de la televisión
Yaz, cantante
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Jeu 5 Fév - 13:57

Noticia del 02 de octubre de 2008 :

Este politico es vegetaliano :

http://www.rielle.info/accueil.htm
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mar 10 Fév - 10:07

Noticia del 22 de octubre de 2008 :

Featured Veggie TestimonialShanna Moakler
Shanna Moakler and her children understand that there's no difference between the animals who are killed for food and the ones we share our homes with.
Vegetarian Testimonials Home >
Now featuring
Shanna Moakler
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 18 Fév - 14:23

Noticia del 17 de diciembre de 2008 :

Feb
No Elephants in Britney's 'Circus'
Posted at 09:09 AM | Permalink | Comments (67)

signonsandiego / CC
Unless you're a die-hard Britney Spears fan and regular visitor to her Web site, you heard it here first: The top-secret stage design plans for Britney's upcoming "Circus" tour will include no live animals.

That's right, folks, in an "EXCLUSIVE: STAGE DESIGN ANNOUNCEMENT" (seriously, that's what it's called, all caps and everything), Britney's tour designer had the following to say:

"We've taken the idea of a traditional 'big-top circus' and given it a Britney Spears twist. This circus is unlike anything you've ever seen before. It's sexy, fun, explosive, and full of surprises. … While avoiding such traditional circus elements as live animals, we've created something innovative and exciting using contortionists, dancers, lighting, fire, and other special effects." [emphasis added]

Omigaw! If I were 12, I would so be there.

You may remember that Britney ran into trouble with PETA a couple of months ago when we learned that she had used elephants and lions in her "Circus" video. We shot her a letter asking her to leave animals out of her Circus tour and—lo and behold—our wish has been granted.

Posted by Alisa Mullins
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 18 Fév - 14:23

Noticia del 17 de dicimebre de 2008 :

Joe Biden Buys One, Gets One Killed
Posted at 12:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (120)

I was extremely disappointed to read that Vice President-elect Joe Biden and his wife bought a dog from a breeder instead of adopting one from an animal shelter. Obviously he or his wife blanked on Ingrid's letter, which asked him to consider adopting and explained, "Every year, U.S. animal shelters are forced to euthanize millions of wonderful, deserving dogs and cats because of the lack of good homes."

Ugh. I'm sorely upset about this—not to mention worried that his supporters will now all run out and get purebred German shepherds. I mean, not only is it really out of touch with dog issues to buy a dog from a breeder—or plain cold-hearted—it's such a bad idea that one New Mexico county has just banned selling dogs from pet stores altogether. At least some Americans know what's up. So what's with our future vice president?

If it weren't bad enough that Biden chose to buy from a breeder, we are now trying to confirm the accuracy of a report that was sent to us alleging that he bought his dog from a known puppy mill operator! An anti–puppy mill activist who claims to have firsthand knowledge of this particular breeder's operation writes, "When I was there, she had dogs living outside in [I]gloos and a large side building wrapped in blue plastic … the barking was deafening … her inspection report states approximately 100 breeding dogs … she sold more than 275 dogs in 2006 … it was a stupid move on Biden's part … a puppy mill, for sure." Wow, Biden—if this is true, you've left us speechless.

Well, we decided to remind Mr. Biden and his home state of Delaware that every time someone buys a dog from a breeder, a dog in an animal shelter is killed. We will be running the following PSA on every station we can in Delaware:

Mr. Biden may have let us down, but we're still pinning our hopes on President-elect Obama, who said, "[a] lot of shelter dogs are mutts like me."

Posted by Christine Doré
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 18 Fév - 14:26

Noticia del 16 de diciembre de 2008 :

Khloe Kardashian's Naked Anti-Fur Ad
Fans of E! Television's hit reality show Keeping Up With the Kardashians know that Khloe Kardashian is no shrinking violet. Probably the most outspoken of the Kardashian clan, Khloe tells it like it is, so we were thrilled when we got the chance to show her exactly what the fur industry does to animals. The end result is PETA's gorgeous new "I'd Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur" ad starring none other than Khloe herself.

Khloe and her family have taken not only Hollywood but the entire country by storm. Everyone wants to know what she and her famous siblings are up to, who their dates are, and what they are wearing. In Khloe's case, rest assured that it won't be fur.

The self-proclaimed animal lover admitted that she had no idea what happened to animals killed for their fur until a few of our videos opened up her eyes. "The videos are so graphic but they are so necessary for people to watch. I'm so grateful that I did get the opportunity to see them. I had no idea that's how these animals are treated."

Khloe says she agreed to pose naked because she wants people to know that she is serious about the fur campaign and that she wanted to do her part. Find out what else Khloe told us in this exclusive behind-the-scenes footage.

Behind the scenes at Khloe Kardashian's PETA photo shoot.
Other viewing options

Stream Khloe Kardashian's video on your MySpace page by using this code:

<embed src="http://www.petatv.com/swf/video.swf?v=khloe_kardashian_anti-fur_peta_high" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="335" height="255" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed><br><a href="http://www.furisdead.com/feat_khloe-Kardashian.asp?c=Kfur">Behind the scenes at Khloe Kardashian's PETA photo shoot.</a>

As Khloe points out, being educated about what happens to animals who are killed for fashion is key. Please help us spread the word about the cruelty inherent in the fur industry by streaming Khloe's video on your MySpace page. And if you haven't already done so, please sign PETA's Pledge to Go Fur-Free today, because animals should never be fashion victims.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Jeu 30 Juil - 5:48

Shakira's Vegetarian Failure....
Sunday, July 19th, 2009 @ 2:08pm

Singer Shakira is sexy, beautiful and can move her hips making a man wanting to speak Spanish - but she doesn't get her fit body from being a vegetarian because she tried and failed!

She only lasted a month being vegetarian:

“I lasted for one month,” she says. “I tried, I really tried. Yeah, I gave it a go. I was living in Spain on a farm, and someone gave me four chickens. I named them and they became very close to me. And then I couldn’t eat them.

“I was like ‘Okay, if I cannot eat these chickens because they actually have names and they are my friends, I am not going to be able to eat any chicken again. So I became a vegetarian. I didn’t last – but I did not eat those chickens. Those chickens survived.”

So if she's eating meat, then it's got to be the hip shaking keeping her abs looking fab - rock on Shakira!

“I’ve been dancing for as long as I can remember,” she dished. “

Some people in some regions just learn to dance before they can walk. Thanks to my genes and my DNA I began moving my waist long before anyone ever expected me to.”
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Jeu 30 Juil - 5:50

Noticia del 26 de julio de 2009 :

Miley Cyrus Can’t Go Vegetarian

Miley Cyrus Vegetarian

While her BFF Demi Lovato just announced that she is trying to become a vegetarian, Miss Miley Cyrus isn’t having the same kind of luck. In a recent interview Miley said, “I’m from Tennessee and we like country fried steak a lot. I like fried food. I wasn’t able to give up the meat. I want a steak or a burger from McDonald’s every once in a while. A double-double is just way too good. I’ve still got to eat. I’ve got the rest of my life to stay healthy.”
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Jeu 30 Juil - 6:12

Noticia del 4 de julio de 2009

Demi Lovato

Demi Lovato Becoming A Vegetarian Again, The Veronicas Approve

Demi Lovato checked in with fans on her Twitter on Friday (July 3), deciding that she’d go veggie. The 16-year-old writes:

Seriously debating whether or not I should become a vegetarian again. I just don’t like meat.

Yeah think I’m gonna do it. Meat just makes me feel weighed down, you know? Besides. I need a change. Change is good.

The move prompted an unsurprising positive reaction from a pair of her semi-famous vegetarian Twitter followers - Lisa and Jess Origliasso of The Veronicas. They responded:

Jess: @ddlovato Ooooo Il love you evennn more than I already do Wink

Lisa: @ddlovato do it babe, and next time we’re in L.A together, we’ll take you to the most AMAZING vegan restaurants!! <3
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Jeu 30 Juil - 6:15

Noticia del 5 de octubre de 2008

Jess Origliasso Chows Down On Her Vegan Tacos
Jess Origliasso of The Veronicas posted the second part of her vegan taco recipe video. The taco included beans, lettuce, tomato, soy cheese, guacamole dip, and olives. The clip ends with her sister Lisa and "Slim Dusty" endorsing the tacos, and Jess making her vegan pitch. "So I have the vegan tacos," she said with her mouth full and guacamole covering her fingers. "Which means there's no animal products whatsoever in what I just made. So it's completely flesh free, and stomach lining of an animal free, and guilt free. It's better for you, it tastes better and it's healthier, and nothing's gonna rot in your stomach." Watch the clip below.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Jeu 30 Juil - 6:15

'TH OF JULY 2009

Is Demi Lovato Becoming A Vegetarian?

Demi Lovato Vegetarian

Demi Lovato is deciding whether or not to become a vegetarian – what do you think she should do?

She posted on her Twitter yesterday: “Seriously debating whether or not I should become a vegetarian again. I just don’t like meat. Yeah think I’m gonna do it. Meat just makes me feel weighed down, you know? Besides. I need a change. Change is good.”

Turns out that not only fans had something to say about Demi’s decision. The music group The Veronicas, Lisa and Jess (who have been caught spending time hanging out with Joe Jonas), had something to say about Demi’s choice.

Jess tweeted to Demi: “@ddlovato Ooooo Il love you evennn more than I already do Wink

While Lisa said: “@ddlovato do it babe, and next time we’re in L.A together, we’ll take you to the most AMAZING vegan restaurants!! <3"
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Ven 31 Juil - 7:21

Noticia del March 3, 2009
Jess origliasso (the veronicas)
“People can think what they want. I'm not anorexic, I've actually adapted to a vegetarian diet. I have friends who are vegan and they inspired me. I no longer eat meat, I decided for my own health I didn't want to that anymore.”
Vegan Tacos with Jess from The Veronicas! March 3, 2009
Posted by Shannon Phillips at March 3, 2009 10:22 AM | Permalink | Comments ( 4 ) | TrackBack TAGGED CLASS
TAGGED: Vegan friends The Veronicas Lisa Origliasso Jess Origliasso tacos
As if we didn't already love The Veronicas enough for their awesome music and their stance on the fur industry, we discovered that Jess made an instructional video for fans on how to make delicious vegan tacos! My favorite thing about Jess' recipe is that she includes olive juice in her fresh guacamole mix. Who would've thought? Jess' videos bring back fond memories for me—last August, the ladies of peta2 gathered at my apartment for vegan taco night, and it was so much fun! So watch Jess' videos below, invite some friends over, have your own taco night, and try not to burn your veggie burger crumbles like I did. Oops!
http://blog.peta2.com/the_veronicas/

Jess is living proof that bands can still eat delicious vegetarian meals while on their tour buses! For more on The Veronicas, check out their updated schedule on MySpace and see if they're coming to a town near you!
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Ven 31 Juil - 7:22

The Veronicas' Jess Gives Fur The Diss! January 30, 2009
Posted by Shannon Phillips at January 30, 2009 4:03 PM | Permalink | Comments ( 6 ) | TrackBack TAGGED CLASS
TAGGED: fur furisdead The Veronicas Lisa Origliasso Jess Origliasso
If you didn't already love The Veronicas for their infectiously catchy single, "Untouched"—you'll be sure to love one half of the sisterly duo for what she has to say about the disgusting fur industry.

Foraggio Fotographic/CC

Not only is Jess fur-free, but as this article proves, she isn't shy to give the fur trade a major diss and give us a shout out in the process! She told Confidential "Death for these animals is a horror story—the most common method used for killing foxes is electrocution. I can't speak for Lisa [her twin and band mate], but I admire the approach to the eye-catching photo shoots PETA do to get the important message out there." Jess certainly knows her stuff when it comes to the fur trade, and we're very appreciative that she's not afraid to speak up.

Not only is Jess unafraid to speak her mind with words, but Jess was recently spotted on a train with a "F**K FUR" patch adorning the back of her jacket. Sassy, much? We love it!

And since no pro-animal deed should go unrewarded, we sent the twins flowers and thanked them for their kind words.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Ven 31 Juil - 7:22

Veronicas’ Jess Origliasso Says Screw Fur, PETA Loves It
Written by Veg Star Staff on January 28th, 2009 in Female Musicians, Female Singers, Fur.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. retweet_url You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

now loading...
the best visual content,
for the best publishers
Photo by TitoMedia.com.au/Splash...
Read more

TheBongoVirus.com New Years...
Jess Origliasso at TheBongoVirus.com New Years Eve Party. Sydney, Australia. Pictured: Jess Origliasso Picture by: TitoMedia.com.au / Splash News
Photo by...
Publish this image on your blog
close
Email image to a friend
close
Jess Origliasso, member of the pop duo The Veronicas was doing green and good when she was discovered by PETA agents and asked to do a naked anti-fur ad.
Origliasso was riding the New York subway wearing a faux fur jacket that read, “F*** Fur” painted on the back.
Anyone with a message this blatant is clearly PETA ad talent, so they approached with the idea which she is strongly considering.
“Lisa and I support any foundation that is willing to educate and make a stand for animal liberation,” she told Confidential.
“Death for these animals is a horror story – the most common method used for killing foxes is electrocution. I can’t speak for Lisa, but I admire the approach to the eye-catching photo shoots PETA do to get the important message out there.
“I would definitely love to be involved in something like that.”
If she chooses to accept the offer, she’ll be following the footsteps of fellow celebrity Aussie ladies who have worked with the organization like Natalie Imbruglia, Sophie Monk, and Missy Higgins.
via News.com.au
Possibly Related Posts:
• Vegan Streaker Released For Threats Against Queen Beatrix
• Joanna Krupa Has Harsh Words For Fur Wearing Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs
• Nellie McKay’s Dog Chewed Vegan Shoes, Other TAFA Highlights
• Veg Skittles Make More Junk Food Options For Nellie McKay
• Leona Lewis Saves Rabbit From Dinner Table
Veronicas twin Jess Origliasso bares all to make fur fly
The Daily Telegraph
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

January 26, 2009 12:00am
• Text size
+
o -
• Print
• Email
o Add to MySpace
o Add to Digg
o Add to del.icio.us
o Add to Fark
o Post to Facebook
o Add to Kwoff
o What are these?

Hair we go ... Veronicas singer Jess Origliasso
JUDGING by the thousands of clicks the topless photos of her garnered on the internet last year, PETA have found themselves a promising young ambassador in pop pixie Jess Origliasso.
Almost six months after she was embroiled in an online porn scandal, in which images of her were posted on a smutty website by a former boyfriend, the Veronicas twin is now poised to show her naked body for a legitimate reason - animal rights.
• Gallery: Hook up with The Veronicas
• Gallery: More PETA celebrities
• Gallery: PETA's cheeky protests

Spotted on a New York subway by a member of the non-profit organisation last week, it wasn't the fact she was wearing a faux fur jacket that caught PETA's attention but the "F. . . FUR" message she had painted on the back.
Related Coverage
• Gallery: Hook up with The Veronicas
• Gallery: More PETA celebrities
• Gallery: PETA's cheeky protests
Your Say
I know this story is a bit old now, but I wonder if she did go ahead with it? I like and respect Jess and what she does, but I think that a lot of people are misinformed by what ve...
(Read More)
Dario Western of Brisbane
A PETA spokeswoman said the group had sent the punk princess and her sister Lisa a bunch of flowers for their "compassion and boldness" over an investigation into the practices of a Chinese fur farm and were keen for the pair to follow in the footsteps of Aussie supporters Natalie Imbruglia and Sophie Monk.
And considering Jess is statement-prone already (remember the "Love Sucks" sunglasses?) it seems like a perfect match.
"Lisa and I support any foundation that is willing to educate and make a stand for animal liberation," Jess told Confidential yesterday from the US.
"Death for these animals is a horror story - the most common method used for killing foxes is electrocution. I can't speak for Lisa, but I admire the approach to the eye-catching photo shoots PETA do to get the important message out there.
"I would definitely love to be involved in something like that."
The girls will return soon from the US, where they have achieved gold status, thanks to single Untouched, to kick off their Revenge is Sweeter tour in Newcastle on February 13.
http://www.veganforum.com/forums/index.php
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Ven 31 Juil - 7:23

Noticia del 20 de julio de 2009

Una dieta desconocida pero saludable

“Los más jóvenes con formación media o superior son quienes muestran más interés por el vegetarianismo a causa de la preocupación que sienten por el trato que se da a los animales en la ganadería intensiva”, explica David Román, presidente de la UVE. Al contrario de lo que comúnmente se piensa "una dieta vegetariana bien planificada, incluso en la variante vegana, es apropiada para todas las etapas del ciclo vital".

El vegetalismo se rige por el consumo de una dieta carente de todo producto animal

La dieta es un elemento determinante en la vida de una persona. Tanto es así que puede condicionar su rutina diaria hasta el punto de limitar decisiones tan habituales como las que implican elegir el mercado de confianza o el restaurante en el que almorzar con los amigos. Optar por una alimentación poco frecuente, como la vegana, se convierte en un obstáculo para los españoles, pues “en nuestra cultura todo gira alrededor de una buena comida”, afirma Mariano Mañas, profesor experto en vegetarianismo del Instituto de Nutrición y Tecnología de Alimentos de la Universidad de Granada.

En España, a diferencia de lo que sucede en otros países, no existen datos oficiales relativos a la población vegetariana. Las cifras que maneja la Unión Vegetariana Española (UVE) se remontan a 2006 y se corresponden con lo recogido en un estudio de mercado elaborado por una marca alimentaria, que indicaba que el número de vegetarianos españoles rondaba el 3% de la población total. En un balance posterior, elaborado por los nutricionistas de la UVE, esta suma disminuyó hasta el 0,8% (unas 368.000 personas) tras excluir a aquéllos que aún consumiendo pescado o pollo decían formar parte de este colectivo. De ellos se estima que únicamente el 10% sea vegetalista o vegano. “Los más jóvenes con formación media o superior son quienes muestran más interés por el vegetarianismo a causa de la preocupación que sienten por el trato que se da a los animales en la ganadería intensiva”, explica David Román, presidente de la UVE.

pagina 1

Dernière édition par végétalienne-13 le Ven 31 Juil - 7:24, édité 1 fois
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Ven 31 Juil - 7:24

El vegetalismo es más conocido como veganismo, por su traducción literal de la palabra inglesa vegan. Esta práctica se rige por el consumo de una dieta carente de todo producto animal. Pero sus seguidores no sólo renuncian a él como alimento por motivos éticos, morales, religiosos o físicos, además de dietéticos, consideran que su comportamiento tiene que ser ajeno al consumo animal en cualquiera de sus variantes. Esto hace que encuentren numerosos obstáculos a la hora de hacer la compra porque “muchos productos como cosméticos, tintes, películas de cine, botones o jabones se elaboran a partir del cerdo y es muy difícil controlar la composición exacta de los mismos”, explica el profesor Mañas. Por eso, convertirse en vegetalista implica mucho más que la eliminación de ciertos grupos de alimentos.

El constante cultivo de verduras, hortalizas y frutas frescas hace de España un país saludable y el alto contenido en vegetales y leguminosas de la dieta mediterráneas, además de la escasa presencia de carne en ella, la acercan a las costumbres vegetarianas. A pesar de ello, “la importante tradición gastronómica del país hace que sea difícil encontrar vegetarianos”, asegura Mañas. Junto a ello está la idea equivocada que mantiene la inmensa mayoría de la sociedad de que ser vegetariano puede acarrear consecuencias negativas para el organismo por la falta de nutrientes que, como la vitamina B12, sólo es posible incorporar al cuerpo humano mediante la ingesta de carne.
Las peculiaridades de esta dieta hacen imprescindible pedir consejo a un nutricionista para consumirla

Sin embargo, la postura oficial de la Asociación Americana de Dietética apunta a que “una dieta vegetariana bien planificada, incluso en la variante vegana, es apropiada para todas las etapas del ciclo vital, incluso durante el embarazo, la lactancia, la infancia, la niñez y la adolescencia”. Mañas coincide con esta visión y estima que “tanto la vegetariana como la mediterránea son formas de alimentación sanas siempre que sean equilibradas, ahí está la clave”.

pagina 2
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Ven 31 Juil - 7:24

Beneficios

¿En qué supera la vegetariana a otras dietas occidentales? Entre las ventajas están el descenso del consumo de grasas saturadas, colesterol y proteínas animales, así como el incremento de carbohidratos, fibra, magnesio, potasio y antioxidantes como las vitaminas C y E. La ingesta de vegetales proporciona una alta cantidad de fitoquímicos que son sustancias biológicamente activas y, aunque no son nutrientes esenciales, producen efectos positivos para la salud. Otros elementos a su favor son que el Índice de Masa Corporal de un vegetariano es inferior al de los consumidores de otras dietas y entre los miembros de este colectivo desciende la tasa de mortalidad por accidente cardiovascular, los niveles de colesterol en sangre y los de presión sanguínea. Algunas enfermedades, como la hipertensión, la diabetes tipo 2 y los cánceres de próstata y colon se detectan en menor medida entre pacientes vegetarianos.

Las peculiaridades de esta dieta hacen imprescindible que todo el que opte por su consumo pida consejo a un nutricionista que lo asesore tanto sobre las diferentes variedades que existen dentro de ella en función de los alimentos que incluyan (algunos vegetarianos consumen huevo, leche y sus derivados, son los ovo-lacto-vegetarianos) como sobre el modo de combinarlos, ofreciéndoles mecanismos para compensar la falta de hierro, zinc o calcio, por ejemplo, y dándoles trucos para aprovechar al máximo sus propiedades.

El correcto seguimiento de estos consejos permite que las dietas veganas, lacto-vegetarianas y ovo-lacto-vegetarianas cubran las necesidades de bebés, niños y adolescentes y promuevan su normal crecimiento pues, según indica la Asociación Americana de Dietética, “estas dietas en la infancia y la adolescencia pueden ayudar a establecer patrones de alimentación saludables a lo largo de la vida y ofrecen ventajas nutricionales importantes [...] sólo las dietas extremadamente restrictivas, tales como la frugívora o crudívora (en las que sólo se consumen frutos o vegetales crudos), se han asociado con un deterioro en el crecimiento y, por tanto, no pueden ser recomendadas para bebés o niños”.

Pagina 3
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

Los atletas pueden cubrir sus necesidades nutricionales siguiendo una dieta vegetariana

Los atletas pueden cubrir sus necesidades nutricionales siguiendo una dieta vegetariana
requisito imprescindible para que los pequeños crezcan sanos es “enfatizar en el uso de buenas fuentes de calcio, hierro y zinc junto con prácticas dietéticas que promuevan su absorción a partir de alimentos vegetales”. La aportación de vitamina B-12 a niños veganos es absolutamente necesaria y se consigue con fuentes de esta vitamina de origen no animal, entre las que están los alimentos fortificados con B-12 como algunas marcas de bebida de soja, cereales de desayuno y levadura nutricional enriquecida. Los atletas también pueden cubrir sus necesidades nutricionales siguiendo una dieta vegetariana.

pagina 4
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Aujourd'hui à 20:59

famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 20 sur 22Aller à la page : Précédent  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Suivant