Partagez | 

famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : Précédent  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Suivant
AuteurMessage
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

Masculin Nombre de messages : 19969

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mar 2 Nov - 17:49

Noticia del 01 de enero de 2009 : Amy WHinehouse y Pete Doherty maltrataron 30 ratones y se filmaron haciendolo

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Sam 13 Nov - 4:46

15 de noviembre de 2010

0diggsdiggPosted 05:11 by ana in Etiquetas: adelgazar, bajar peso, jesiica simpson, perder peso, vegana

La interprete se 'These boots are make for walking' ha decidido hacer parte de la comunidad de los veganos, al parecer para bajar los más de diez kilos que ha subido en los últimos años.

La cantante que en algunas ocasiones ha manifestado que se siente a gusto con sus curvas, ahora dejará de comer carne, el primer principio que profesa la nueva filosofía de vida que eligió.

La artista manifestó su cambió en su cuenta de Twitter, "mi sistema quedó en shock con una dieta vegana y el té especial Pu-erh de China que tomo desde el viernes! ¿Quién soy yo ahora? Esto podría ser demasiado limpio! ", escribió Simpson a sus seguidores.

Los vegamos son personas que crean un estilo de vida basado en el respeto hacia los animales, por lo que renuncian a comer cualquier tipo de sus carnes o sus derivados, lo cual según ellos, los mantiene en mejor armonía con la naturaleza, el mundo y ellos mismo.

Aunque algunas personas escogen esta filosofía por salud y para mantenerse en forma, Jessica asegura que ella lo hace por su espíritu y no por su cuerpo.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 22 Déc - 12:23

Mike Tyson végétalien ! Qui l'eut cru ? 17/07/2010

Depuis près d'un an, Mike Tyson est devenu végétalien. Un changement de régime étonnant de la part de l'ancien boxeur carnivore...
"Cela fait 8 mois maintenant que je suis végétalien, et je peux vous dire que je ressens une explosion d'énergie. Je ne sais pas combien de temps cela va durer, mais c'est vraiment puissant", a expliqué l'ancien champion du monde des poids lourds dans les pages du magazine américain Details.
Un changement de régime alimentaire radical auquel Mike Tyson, 44 ans, est visiblement désormais accroc : "Je ne supporte plus la moindre bouchée de viande. Quand j'en mangeais, ça me rendait malade, c'était comme un mal insidieux. J'ai réalisé que la viande était devenue un poison pour moi."
Il est désormais loin le temps où Mike Tyson dévorait les oreilles de ses adversaires...
Une nouvelle qui fera certainement très plaisir à Pamela Anderson, végétalienne militante, qui n'a pas hésité à s'afficher telle une pièce de viande la dernière campagne PETA.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 22 Déc - 12:25

Maureen Shea - Boxer, Vegan 

Interview: Outside the Ring With Boxer Maureen Shea

http://www.sheaboxing.com/

Written by Kelly Jad'on
June 11, 2007

She's a poet, a musician, a girly-girl, and a vegetarian: Maureen Shea is ranked by the WBA as the #1 Undefeated Super Featherweight boxer in the world. Her scorecard reads 10-0-5 KO's. Preparing for the upcoming Co-Main Event in Reno, Maureen Shea discusses the fascinating world of a female boxer.

Maureen, how did you get into boxing?

As a teenager, I was very rebellious ' kicked out of high school my junior year, staying out past curfew, and in fights. At age 19, I became involved with a man six years my senior. Ours was an abusive relationship. My boyfriend abused me both mentally and then physically, until I was 21 years old. He said I was fat. But at 112 lbs, I was anorexic. I had taken diet pills to look thin for him. This destroyed my gallbladder, and I had to have it removed.

I'd come to a fork in the road of my life, and I didn't know who I was anymore. When I was 19, by the grace of God, I walked into Omni Health and fitness gym. The gym kept my mind occupied and out of the house. I didn't want to be at home crying while my boyfriend was out cheating.

So I began the boxing life: I was either at school or in the gym. I had a lot of anger in me, but I was broken down, just the shell of a woman. Eventually, I fell out of love with my boyfriend and fell in love with the sport of boxing. Through boxing, I got myself back on track. It is the architect that rebuilt me. Boxing is almost like my child, I could turn to it, and I feel safer inside the ring rather than outside of it.

You were the sparring partner for Hilary Swank's preparation for Million Dollar Baby. Can you relate to Hilary Swank's character in Million Dollar Baby?

I shared my life with Hilary; she wanted to know what kind of person I was, what my struggle was, how I'd been hurt. I saw myself in Hilary's character. I'd moved out of my house, away from my family, and been in the gym on my birthday too. After filming the movie, she sent me a note thanking me for helping her become the character she portrayed.

Are you afraid in the ring?

I consider myself to be very spiritual. God is my higher power; I'm not afraid, I live in His image, and He protects me in the ring. I always bless myself and say the Serenity Prayer before I fight.

Where are you originally from?

My mom is Mexican and my father is Irish. I grew up in the Bronx. Dad is an ex-Marine and a retired cop, but Mom was an airline ticket agent, and regularly got us free tickets to Mexico. She took me home to visit, to submerge me in the Spanish language. I thank Mom every day for that, though I refused to speak it as a child. I was a pain in the butt.

I experienced a lot in Mexico; kids would be a little vicious. Because of my accent, they really couldn't tell where I was from ' but knew I was from the States. They called me a witch. This taught me a lot. I also have wonderful memories of Mexico. It's unfortunate that this racism I endured exists anywhere in the world.

My dad, being a retired Irish cop, let me learn the hard way. If I was out after curfew, Dad locked the door, then I'd sit in the backyard for the rest of the night. He practiced tough-love. And I marched to my own drummer, still do.

When you were a kid, did you think you'd grow up to become a boxer?

No ' I didn't know what boxing was. I was an athlete, and an award-winning fife player, but wasn't dedicated to anything. The first time I encountered boxing was at a friend's house, Mike Tyson was fighting Evander Holyfield on television. Tyson bit off Holyfield's ear. I was 14, and fascinated. What kind of sport would someone go to this extremity for, I wondered?

Maureen, what's your schedule like?

In the morning I'm usually up at 4:45 a.m. for a 4' mile run. Then I eat, take a bus and three different trains (1' hours) from the Bronx to Brooklyn.

At Gleason's Gym, under the watchful eye of my trainer Hector Roca, I'll spar a minimum of six rounds, complete shadow boxing (six rounds), and jump rope. Then I take the train again and relax at home.

How many days to you train like this?

It's a full-time job: it's six days of training. Two days a week I go to Scarsdale where I meet with two other trainers for strength and conditioning, plyometrics, calisthenics, speed and agility development.

How did you come to be a vegetarian?

My nutritionist is Robert Ferguson, and he is also a vegetarian. I've been a vegetarian for seven months. My body went this way after I had my gallbladder out. It just doesn't want red meat. I ate fish, chicken, and eggs. Slowly, I began steering away from turkey and chicken; and incorporated soy proteins. My digestion is better, my thinking is better, and I'm calmer, stronger, and lighter. It's also easier to make weight. I'm not cutting calories though. Last month I went completely vegan, I don't eat anything with a heartbeat.

My meal program (Every 3 hours), I eat:

' Breakfast: borage oil capsule before I run, and I drink water
' After running: three cups of veggies with 4oz protein
' After boxing: I eat a high concentration of carbs'oatmeal with protein powder and soy milk
' In the afternoon: snack (fruit)
' Three hours later: Ezekiel bread with a veggie burger and soy cheese

This is normally five meals a day. I am naturally a 125-pounder, but stay at 130 lbs and walk around at 132 lbs. My manager has me fighting heavy now.

How many years do you see yourself yet as a boxer?

I leave that in the hands of God or until Hector says I'm done.

Does boxing conflict with your personal life? (Do men see you in a negative light?)

I make sacrifices for boxing. For me it's okay, boxing has become my lifestyle, and I have a good group of friends around me. I love what I do, but it's hard to meet people. When the time is right, the right person will come to me. Men don't always approach me because they're intimidated with my dedication to boxing.

Recently, I met George Foreman and right now I'm reading his book God In My Corner: A Spiritual Memoir. He's phenomenal. He had a near death experience, and so had I. When I met George, I told him I've been there. George hugged me and I started to cry. That was two and a half weeks ago. Things are starting to make more sense and I'm learning how to apply my spirituality to my mind, body, soul.

What is your educational background?

I'm finishing up a BA in English. I write poetry, and have also been journaling my life. My favorite type of literature is Greek Mythology ' I named my cat Pandora.

Are you a Southpaw? (Lefty)

No, but I can switch to one. Technically, I fight orthodox.

What is your best move in the ring?

I've been known to have some pretty severe body shots, I can box and I can fight, Hector Roca (recently named the #1 Spanish trainer in the world), is a phenomenal trainer. I've been four years with him, he's like a father to me.

What is your most memorable accomplishment?

It happened outside of the ring. I fought in the finals for the Golden Gloves, and had to lose 40 lbs to get there. I had fallen into a depression, and was put on medication. This severely hindered my training, and my weight went up to 170 lbs. I struggled to lose that weight. Hilary Swank came to the fight, I had been under a lot of pressure. And, I lost. No one knew about my morbidly severe depression though. Hilary and I were headed down the hall to the locker room after the fight ' all the cameras were on us. Then I went into the locker room alone. Access Hollywood and other media were in there with me. Then someone asked, "How do you feel Maureen? You just lost?" I countered, "If I'm a loser, how come you're all in here with me. I won the fight of life. I'm a winner, I just don't have the accessories to go with it. I fought to get out of the depression, and I fought to lose the weight. And I fought for my life."

What advice can you offer to a woman who wants to learn fitness boxing?

Whenever I see someone new at the gym, I say, "Be patient, don't get frustrated, it's awkward, everything about boxing is backward, you'll learn so much if you stick with it." 95% of people who stay with boxing have been transformed outside the ring. Go to a fight and you'll understand after being in the gym.

What is your primary goal in life?

To learn to live more within my faith, strengthen it through boxing and touch someone in a positive way. Boxing is my vehicle; I do inspirational, motivational speaking, and have traveled to California for this. I try to help people through my life experience.

Do you have any upcoming bouts?

Yes, I'll be out in Reno, Nevada. I will be the co-main event on a Let's Get it On promotional card. I want to thank the Mills Lane family for believing in me and blessing me with this opportunity.

Though you have a tough reputation in the gym, I understand you're very feminine.

I get manicures, pedicures, and facials. I'm a real girly-girl.
In the ring though, I transform into a fighter or a boxer.

Because I have my own TV show and am in the media a lot, I'd like to a be a good role model for women ' I'm proud to be woman in sports. But the sport shouldn't be called women's boxing, it should just be boxing.

http://www.animalliberationfront.com/Saints/Sports_Misc/MaureenShea.htm
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 22 Déc - 12:53

22 décembre 2010

Peut-être avez-vous eu la chance de voir Sting lors de sa tournée avec le Royal Philarmonic concert orchestra ? Il y a quelques jours, la chaîne Arte a diffusé son concert à Berlin. Si vous l'avez raté, précipitez-vous pour l'enregistrer car ce magnifique concert sera rediffusé le 31 décembre à 23h30, juste après le spectacle du Cirque du Soleil !

Accompagné de talentueux musiciens, Sting repend les titres de Police et ceux de ses albums solo : Roxanne, Russians, Englishman in New York, Desert Rose, Moon over Bourbon Street (ma préférée) etc. Elégance, charme, poésie : ce concert est un enchantement.

Sting en très grande forme physique et spirituelle (végétarisme et yoga en sont certainement les raisons) est un homme simple et attachant; j'ai adoré l'écouter raconter la petite histoire de chacune de ses chansons, notamment, celle de "The end of the game", profitant ainsi pour donner son point de vue sur la chasse au renard... car il ne faut pas oublier que Sting est un amoureux de la nature et qu'il a toujours défendu les causes environnementales (protection de la forêt d'Amazonie, entre autres).

Pour plus d'info sur le concert de Sting ou ses albums :

La fiche descriptive du concert sur Arte :

http://www.arte.tv/fr/recherche/3594944.html

Ses trois derniers albums sont écoute sur Deezer : « If On a Winter's Night », album d'hiver (Soul cake est une merveille), le live à Berlin et son dernier « Symphonicities » :

http://www.deezer.com/fr/#music/sting/live-in-berlin-693782

Le site de Sting, avec une interview très intéressante :

http://www.sting.com/news/interview.php?uid=4719

saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Jeu 23 Déc - 15:29

Corey Feldman is an actor, he's a great guy and he respects the animals, luv ya Corey!!

Look To The Stars Exclusive: An Interview With Corey FeldmanCorey Feldman

The Humane Society

PETA

Farm Sanctuary

Last Chance for Animals

Greenpeace
Global Green

Camp Rainbow

Make-A-Wish Foundation

Celebrities
Corey Feldman

Charities
Camp Rainbow, Farm Sanctuary, Global Green, Greenpeace, Last Chance for Animals, Make-A-Wish Foundation, PETA, The Humane Society

Causes
Animals, Cancer, Children, Environment, Health, Peace, Poverty, Water
March 24, 2009 by Brandy Reynolds

Run through your top 10 favorite films from the 1980’s, and chances are that Corey Feldman will feature in at least one of them. From The Goonies to Gremlins to Stand By Me to The Lost Boys to Friday the 13th:The Final Chapter, his is a face a whole generation grew up recognizing.

Recent viewers may recognize Feldman from The Two Coreys, a reality show on the A&E Network that also starred Corey Haim. Since the late 90’s, he has also been enjoying success with his band, the Truth Movement, but it is charity work that keeps the actor and musician occupied for much of his time. With interests in animal welfare, environmental issues and several other causes, Feldman was awarded the Paws of Fame Award by the Wildlife Way Station.

Look To The Stars’ reporter Brandy Reynolds was lucky enough to catch up with Corey recently to chat about his work towards making the world a better place.

Hi Corey… can you tell us about some of the charities you support?

I support a lot of charities, I’m very involved with several different charities on all different levels. I can kind of give you the hit list .

I can’t really be selective. All are meaningful. At the top of the list would be the The Humane Society, PETA, Farm Sanctuary , Last Chance for Animals. All relatively related to each other. All related to animal rights and animal protection and health and welfare of animals.

And there’s environmental… Greenpeace, Global Green, Save Our Earth… and cancer charities, children’s charities like Camp Rainbow, the Make-A-Wish Foundation. I try to lend my voice to those who don’t have a voice of their own. Which is why I talk about animals, children, or environment – because those 3 topics don’t have their own representative.

Were you raised to think about others, or is there a certain event in your life that made you really want to get involved with charity work?

I’ve always cared about others, I myself was raised in a very abusive house hold. I spent most of my life very poor – always living hand to mouth and figuring out where the next meal was coming from… that was a big part of my life. So that made me very sympathetic to the less fortunate; and my mother was a huge animal rights advocate. When I was a child working as actor she had me involved with a group called Actors and Others for Animals which was one of the first animal rights organizations based out of Hollywood. So I was involved with them very early on… probably seven or eight years old -running around rescuing dogs and bringing them to our home. Shortly after that we ended up with 30 dogs and 20 cats living at our ranch.

We were really consumed with trying to save the world – and at that point of course no one was really doing what we were doing, there wasn’t really a lot of vegetarianism and animal rights activism. By the time I was 10 years old, I was resigned to the fact the I wanted to be a vegetarian for the rest of my life. However, growing up in a strict family environment, my grandparents where old Jewish traditional type people and thought I was crazy for wanting to be a vegetarian. It took until I was about 13 years old when I made the decision to be a strict vegetarian… and have been every since, and it’s been about 24 years for me now.

What would you recommend others do to get involved and what can they do?

There’s a lot you can do and it depends where you want to focus your time and energy. For me, I say anything you can do to help another struggling being [is great]. If you have the opportunity, just do it. That could mean anything from going down to the homeless shelters and feeding people, or if you have food you can go down to the homeless shelters and give it to them. You can hand out things to people on the streets – I don’t suggest handing out money because you don’t know what it’s going to be spent on.

You can get involved , you can be come a volunteer at any countless number of shelters or abuse clinics or hospitals. As far as environmental causes and helping the world goes – become environmentally safer and more eco friendly. There are small things you can do at home, such as using only bio-degradable products, earth-friendly products, making sure you turn your lights off, separate plastic and metals… every little bit that a human being does can push us forward in the battle of trying to restore our earth.

Do you feel Hollywood should set a better example?

I think the wheels are in motion and it’s certainly a hot point that people are progressively thinking about escalating this battle to the next level and making sure that we are setting a example. If you look around, everything is green this and green that. But there’s always more that can be done. For example, I put out a album a couple of months ago with my band, Truth Movement, and we wanted to kind of raise the bar when it came to environmental products and doing things environmentally friendly. So we released it under my own label in order that we could release it on one hundred percent recyclable biodegradable materials – the package is one hundred percent recyable material, the tray is corn plastic and we used soy wheat to print the images. Our first single is called Green Is The Color, so right there that was a way that I made my mark with my band to set a example. Yes it can be done in the end. It cost us a little bit more , but it can be done. And it’s worth it because we are making a statement that we are not going to keep taking the easier softer way.

What can we tell the people to look forward to and watch for in your up-coming projects?

Theres a couple of things. We’re doing a live premiere of our record release party in which I just mentioned. It’s call Technology Analogy. That event is planned at the Key Club on April 10th .

We are also talking to Weed Ware. They make materials out of weed instead of regular material. One of the things they focus on is they make all band materials out of weed. And we are now using all weed materials in our band (drum sticks and guitar picks).

Another thing we’re doing – I can’t say that this is done yet – but we are trying to have all of our musical performances completely green. It’s not one hundred percent yet , but we are trying.

On April 16 we are headlining an event at the Whiskey on Sunset which is going to be for the animal awareness week. So we basically have a series of events that are directed at raising awareness and financing efforts to stop animal testing. And on March 28, my wife Susie – who is also a huge animal and environmental activist (she is the one who got me involved) – will be presenting an award at the Genesis Awards at the Beverley Hilton.

Look To The Stars would like to thank Corey Feldman for taking the time to talk to us and share his thoughts on making the world a better place. To find out more about his efforts and upcoming

Read more: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:CglNCVrvxKMJ:www.looktothestars.org/news/2250-look-to-the-stars-exclusive-an-interview-with-corey-feldman+COREY+FELDMAN+VEGETARIAN&cd=11&hl=fr&ct=clnk&gl=fr#ixzz18yc8s4BW
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Jeu 23 Déc - 15:31

Corey Feldman
On why his son won't eat meat or be a child actor.
by Sarah Hepola

»

You will see a lot of things in the new A&E show The Two Coreys (Sundays at 10 p.m.). You will see what happened to the '80s teen icons, what they do now and how they interact with fans (yes, they still have them). You will see Corey Feldman's pretty wife, Susie, and his comfy, spacious home in Los Angeles. What you won't see, however, is their three-year-old son, Zen.

By the time Corey Feldman was three years old, he was starring in commercials, and he went on to become one of the most successful child actors of the '80s, landing roles in such marshmallow classics as Goonies, The Lost Boys and License to Drive (the latter two with partner Corey Haim). With fame, of course, came failure, drugs and various other stripes of trouble. Babble spoke recently with Feldman and his wife about how they plan to spare their son from a similar fate. — Sarah Hepola

You were so famous as a teenager. Are people surprised to find out you have a son?

Corey: It's been public knowledge for some time. We just hope we can keep his anonymity throughout his school years. We have a middle name we plan on using when he gets to school. We've had offers from agents pretty much from the moment he was born, saying, 'He's so beautiful, let's get him out there.' We don't want to deal him an unfair hand in life by putting him out there so people know him before he even knows himself. That's what happens to child actors. Kids are put on pedestals and made to believe they're something they're not, and they wake up to find their life is this wasteland.

You were his age, three, when you started in commercials.

Corey: I was an outgoing kid. I had a wild imagination, and I would play these different characters. My parents felt it was a natural fit for me. However, if I had a part in the decision-making process, I would have enjoyed having a regular childhood. Being on a baseball team. Finishing my schooling, instead of people beating me up and being jealous of me, because children always had this different perception of me. To them, I was a lucky kid who got out of school all the time.

Explain to us the premise of The Two Coreys.

Corey: I would have enjoyed having a regular childhood. In a nutshell, it's the three of us in a nutshell. [laughs] My wife and I, we're living our life and doing our our day-to-day things, and Corey Haim comes to live with us, because he's coming into town for a Lost Boys premiere and doesn't have a place to stay, and then madness ensues. It's like You, Me and Dupree — what happens when a best friend comes to live with a married couple. It has a broad appeal, and everybody can relate to this story. Everybody has that friend who doesn't grow up, who's still carousing the clubs.

You've been a vegetarian and an animal rights activist. I'm curious how you guys handled the issue of meat with your son.

Corey: Our son has never had an ounce of meat in his body from the time that he was conceived.

Susie: We eat meat substitutes but we call them burgers, since you can't really explain what fake meat is to a toddler. But he's got these farm animal books, and there will be a chicken, and he'll say, "Yum yum." I had to tell him there's a difference between the animal chicken and the chicken we eat.

Corey: The tough part is going to be when he goes to school. The other kids will be eating sloppy joes. He's going to be forced into being different. What do you mean you're not eating meat? What do you mean you're bringing your own lunch? We hope that he can be an influence on other children to do the right thing. It's a much more healthy way to eat, for one thing. But it's also about caring for other beings in the universe. We care about every creature who lives on the earth.

Your son was a preemie. Can you talk about what that experience was like?

Susie: He was two months premature, and he was only three and a half pounds, and he spent five weeks in the NICU, hooked up into the machines. I had a perfect pregnancy, no problem, and all of a sudden our perfect family was crashing down around us. All these fantasies that he would ride a bike, throw a ball, all ofWe care about every creature who lives on the earth. it was being threatened. He had wrapped himself up in the umbilical cord, but they couldn't tell in tests. The doctors told us he could have mental retardation.

Corey: It was the weekend of her baby shower, and she didn't feel him kicking or moving, so after a few hours we took her to the hospital and when we got there, we saw he was fine, and we were getting ready to go, and they were like, Well, no, she's in labor. The end result was, you can take him out now and try and revitalize his signs, or we can keep him in there and hope he fixes himself. We made the right choice. If we had left him in there, he might not be alive.

Susie: Corey had to shoot a film in Bulgaria after he was born. I had a preemie on life support while he was gone. It was hard. And once we could take him home, all bets were off. Normal rules that refer to babies don't apply to preemies.

Corey: He had almost every illness an infant can have.

Susie: Jaundice. A double hernia. He had to have surgery at two months, when he was only seven or eight pounds. It's a true test of how strong your marriage is. If you can find time for your spouse through that, you're doing good.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Jeu 23 Déc - 15:33

December 12, 2010

Corey Feldman was in a movie called Stand by me (1986) with River Pheonix. Corey was a vegetarian and River was a vegan. Two vegetarians in the same movie, what a coincidence! Corey still is a strict vegetarian. Unfortunately, River passed away in 93. RIP River. W'll always miss ya.

Now a environmentalist
Off-screen, Feldman is a spokesperson for PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals), the world's largest animal rights organization, and the Amie Karen Cancer Fund, as well as a supporter of environmental charity, Global Green. In 2009, he was presented with The Paws of Fame Award from Wildlife Waystation for his exemplary work in support of animal rights.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Jeu 23 Déc - 16:12

Nicole Kidman Grows Own Organic Veggies
Written by Vegetarian Star on Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008 in Actresses, Food & Drink.

No Comments
So lots of celebrities are changing their ways when they have children. Some are even going on the arguably extreme side, like Madonna and her dozens of rules for ex-hubby Guy to follow when the kids visit him.

But overall, celebrity mommies and daddies cleaning up their acts for the little ones is a good thing. And going organic is just one way to do so.

Take Nicole Kidman, for example. She grows her own organic vegetables. Gwyneth Paltrow has stated she prefers organic and natural food, which may mean the actress who claims to be vegetarian raises her own turkeys in her backyard, ha, ha. And couple Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner have been spotted shopping for organic produce.

View a photo gallery of celebs who are doing organics for the children.

saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Jeu 23 Déc - 16:13

December 20, 2010

Casey Affleck doesn’t mince words about why he’s vegan. A star of the highly anticipated Ocean’s Thirteen and this fall’s Gone Baby Gone (which is his brother Ben’s directorial debut), Casey took time out of his jam-packed filming schedule to step in front of the camera for peta2’s latest PSA. Because of its graphic content, the PSA was banned by all networks, forcing peta2 and Casey to tone it down so the networks will air it. After all, if you’re going to eat animals, you should know what happens to them before they get to your plate. We at peta2 don’t believe in censorship, so we’re letting you see both versions—but we’ll ease you into it, so check out the toned-down version first.

Now Showing on peta2TV:
Casey Affleck’s ‘Go Vegan’ PSA
Other viewing options

A straight-shooter all the way, Casey’s reasons for being vegan are simple. “When people ask me why I don’t eat meat or any other animal products, I say because they are unhealthy and they are the product of a violent and inhumane industry.” He wants everyone to know what happens to animals before they end up on dinner plates, adding, “Chickens, cows, and pigs in factory farms spend their whole lives in filthy, cramped conditions only to die a prolonged and painful death.” Casey urges his fans to stay away from meat—which he refers to as “poison”—not only because of what happens to animals in factory farms and slaughterhouses, but also because animal products are “proven to contribute to heart disease and cancer” and are bad for human health in other ways too.

Want to help the billions of animals who are tortured and killed by the meat industry every year? Well, not eating them is the best way to start, so follow Casey’s lead and take the Veg Pledge.

Like Casey, we believe that everyone should know what happens to animals killed for food and know exactly what they’re putting in their bodies when they eat them. Give all your friends an education by streaming Casey’s banned PSA on your MySpace page using the codes below.

Now Showing on peta2TV:
Casey Affleck’s Banned ‘Go Vegan’ PSA
Other viewing options

Get the code:
<embed src="http://www.peta2.com/outthere/swf/casey_graphicp2" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="240" height="180" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed><br>Learn more at <a target="_blank" href="http://www.peta2.com/outthere/o-caseyaffleckpsa.asp?c=p22407">peta2.com</a><br />

And to get even more active to help animals—and earn free stuff at the same time—join the peta2 Street Team.

http://www.peta2.com/outthere/o-caseyaffleckpsa.asp
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Jeu 23 Déc - 16:18

December 14, 2010

Casey Affleck

[on the responses to his being vegan] My family would be supportive if I said I wanted to be a Martian, wear only banana skins, make love to ashtrays, and eat tree bark. My mom has a good way of engaging me in a conversation about the choices I make, listening, being objective and open-minded, and respecting those choices so long as they don't put me in danger. For a while, every meal was the third degree, but when she couldn't refute any of the thousands of good reasons--my health, simple compassion, the health of the planet, etc., etc.--for being a vegan, she conceded and now is very conscious of what food she makes when I am around--and, I believe, when I am not around. She is lovely. My father never blinked. He is for the most part unflappable. In a good way. Live and let live--unless you are being an asshole. He will privately mock, ridicule, judge, etc. But, hey, who's gonna cast the first stone? For people who have been through it, made changes, had curve balls thrown at them, it is easier to digest change and digest change in other people. Change only scares the small-minded. The small-minded and me. No, I'm only kidding. It only scares me--I mean, the small-minded. I think if I gave my dad a five-minute rundown on the advantages of veganism, I could convert him without too much trouble. I'll do it next time I see him. Maybe. I'm not much into the converting business, though.

I believe veganism can be beneficial for the individual and the world, and of course the animal, but belief is like laying in the dark with someone and telling them you love them and hearing nothing back. So I've never had the confidence to get on a soapbox and tell someone else what to do

saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Jeu 23 Déc - 16:26

Friday, February 22, 2008

Casey Affleck on Veganism

Casey Affleck is vegan? Wow, I'm out of the loop with pop culture. Anyway, I came across the following video of him on YouTube, explaining why he is vegan.

VIDEO HERE : http://vegtalk.blogspot.com/2008/02/casey-affleck-on-veganism.html
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Jeu 23 Déc - 16:31

a

Dernière édition par végétalienne-13 le Mar 11 Nov - 18:15, édité 1 fois
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Jeu 23 Déc - 16:36

a

Dernière édition par végétalienne-13 le Mar 11 Nov - 18:17, édité 1 fois
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Jeu 23 Déc - 16:37

December 20, 2010

Hayden Panettiere
The young actress is a vegetarian and an activist against whale and dolphin hunting. (Photo: Alberto E. Rodriguez/
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Jeu 23 Déc - 16:39

October 01, 2008

Hayden Pannetiere, is she a vegetarian ?

She "runs" or is deeply involved with a Save the whales/dolphins group and goes surfing in Japan to confront the dolphin hunts with other supporters.

She shops at whole foods.

She dumped her last b/f and now is dating Milo Ventimiglia, Heroes show co-star that has been Vegetarian already..

What is to think she is not? I havnt found anywhere online though that she eats meat though? It seems like she does wear leather, uggs, coats, boots etc, could be fake but who knows.

http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/celebrity_gallery/image_full/48155/

She spoke to Obama and the Clintons about supporting putting an end to allowing Japan to "conduct reasearch" on whales each winter.

http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/images/thumbnails/hayden-panettiere-congress-1298-12.jpg

http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/images/thumbnails/hayden-panettiere-congress-1298-11.jpg

http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/images/thumbnails/hayden-panettiere-grocery-1218-8.jpg

http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/images/thumbnails/hayden-panettiere-lamborghini-1114-11.jpg

http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/images/thumbnails/hayden-panettiere-save-dolphins-1028-00.jpg

Her involvement with this cause began a few years ago, when she first saw the footage of how these creatures of the seas are hunted and killed. She’s a vegetarian, for the same reason her new co-star and long-time friend, Kristen Bell, is one too – they are both big fans of animals.

http://www.star-ecentral.com/news/story.asp?file=/2008/1/18/tvnradio/20010306&sec=tvnradio

saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Jeu 23 Déc - 16:44

Kristen Bell and Hayden Panettière are friends. They both are vegetarians! What a coincidence. Hayden and Milo were dating some time ago and they both were vegetarians! What a small world. The three of em were in the tv series 'Heores'. Not one, not two but three vegs in a single show. Wow! super cool!

Not too long ago, Milo Ventimiglia went on a date. Nothing elaborate, just dinner with a woman he’d known for a while, though mainly in passing. As the evening progressed and his companion began to learn more about the 30-year-old star of NBC’s hit drama Heroes, the young lady grew increasingly uncomfortable. Finally, recalls the actor, she blurted out: “So you’re polite, you don’t drink, you don’t smoke, you’re a vegetarian[/, you keep yourself fit, and you’re successful. What’s wrong with you?”

http://www.mensfitness.com/exclusives/194

And her friend Kristin Bell:

[b]At age eleven, Bell became a vegetarian.[35] In an interview with PETA, Bell stated, "I have always been an animal lover. I had a hard time disassociating the animals I cuddled with—dogs and cats, for example—from the animals on my plate, and I never really cared for the taste of meat. I always loved my Brussels sprouts!"[35] During the time she lived in Michigan, Bell fostered animals from Michigan Humane Society and she now supports the San Diego based Helen Woodward Animal Center. Bell often attends fund raisers for the ASPCA and other non-profit organizations dedicated to protecting animals.[6] She owns a Welsh Corgi-Chow Chow mix named Lola, a Welsh Corgi-Chihuahua mix named Shakey, and a black Labrador Retriever named Sadie, who was 11 years old when she was rescued from Hurricane Katrina and adopted by Bell in 2005.[40][7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kristen_Bell

saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Jeu 23 Déc - 16:58

Katy Perry and her husband
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 29 Déc - 17:53

Michael Vick Wants a Dog December 16th, 2010

Yes, you read that right. The guy whose name has become synonymous with hanging, electrocuting, drowning, shooting dogs, and forcing them to rip each other to pieces in dogfighting rings is now bummed that he can't have a canine companion. WTF!?

Thank goodness Vick has been banned from owning dogs for three years as part of his probation (too bad he wasn't banned for life). PETA believes that no one who abuses dogs as Vick did should ever be allowed to have access to vulnerable animals again. And really, being prohibited from experiencing the unconditional love of a dog is a tiny price to pay—much smaller than the ultimate price paid by the dogs Vick abused and killed at Bad Newz Kennels.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 29 Déc - 17:54

Is Michael Vick a Clinically Diagnosable Psychopath or a Reformed Dogfighter? January 21st, 2009
Today, PETA sent a letter to the National Football League asking that convicted dogfighter Michael Vick be subjected to a psychological test as well as an MRI brain scan like the one now in use at the Western New Mexico Correctional Facility in order to look for evidence of clinical psychopathy or anti-social personality disorder. Based on the fact that Vick funded and participated in a massive dogfighting operation (playing a direct role in hanging, drowning, or shooting countless dogs—and even slamming dogs to the ground to break their backs), it might seem obvious that there's something wrong with the guy. But whether or not Vick is indeed a clinical psychopath is an important piece of a bigger puzzle.

For the past 18 months, PETA has been meeting with Vick's management and legal teams behind the scenes about having Vick deliver a strong anti-dogfighting TV spot. If Vick is truly remorseful for what he's done, as he's said publically and privately, then a message from him telling people to stop these crimes could get through to dogfighters who relate to him. However, that's a big "if."

The only way to know for sure if Vick can change his ways is for him to submit himself for a brain scan and psychological test. Based on a number of factors—such as the fact that the right side of the hippocampus is larger than the left in 94 percent of captured psychopaths—these tests can help determine if Vick can ever truly understand that dog fighting is a sick, cruel business. Or, they could suggest that he's doomed to repeat mean, violent behavior in the future—whether with dogs or other human beings. And given that Vick plans to be around a lot of kids, to give talks to them, and to be a star in their eyes again, the world deserves to know who he is inside.

Vick's lawyers have run screaming, but unless and until he passes such a test, PETA will not participate in the production of a Michael Vick anti-dogfighting PSA. We hope that the NFL will require such a test as a precondition to even discussing the possibility of Vick's reinstatement. You can click here to add your name to a petition calling on the NFL to stick to its guns and maintain Vick's suspension until he's taken and passed a brain scan and psychological evaluation.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mer 29 Déc - 17:55

December 16, 2010

Michael Vick wants to own a dog

Brady Trailing Vick In Pro Bowl Voting
Jalen Rose and Skip Bayless dicuss the fan voting for the Pro Bowl
Tags: NFL, Fantasy NFL, New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles, Tom Brady, Michael VickBrady Trailing Vick In Pro Bowl Voting
Michael Vick, who was banned by the judge who sentenced him on dogfighting charges from owning another dog while on probation, says he misses being a dog owner and would like to have one as a pet someday.

My daughters miss having one, and that's the hardest thing: Telling them that we can't have one because of my actions.

-- Michael Vick

The Philadelphia Eagles quarterback, interviewed by NBC News and the website TheGrio.com, said he and his family miss having a dog. He said he wants to show people that he can be a responsible pet owner and that he would not take the opportunity for granted.

"I would love to get another dog in the future. I think it would be a big step for me in the rehabilitation process," Vick said, according to NBC News and TheGrio.com. The full interview was scheduled to be shown on TheGrio.com on Wednesday.

"I have been around him a lot, and feel confident that he would do a good job as a pet owner," Wayne Pacelle, president of the Humane Society of the United States, told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Wednesday.

As part of Vick's probation, he can't buy, sell or own a dog. And some of his critics believe that arrangment should be permanent.

"Just as convicted pedophiles aren't allowed free access to children, anyone who is responsible for hanging, electrocuting, or shooting dogs and who causes them to suffer in other unimaginable ways should never again be allowed access to dogs," said Lisa Lange, vice president of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "All things considered, it is a very small price to pay, especially compared to the suffering endured by the dogs who were abused and killed in the Bad Newz Kennels."

On Tuesday at a Philadelphia-area charter school, where Vick was speaking out against dogfighting, he was asked if he would return to the Eagles next season.

"I would hope so," Vick said, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer. "A lot of things have to happen. A lot of things have to take place. ... But hopefully I'm a Philadelphia Eagle next season."

Vick has led the Eagles to a share of the NFC East division lead and resurrected a career many thought was all but over after he went to federal prison for funding a dogfighting ring. The operation trained pit bulls to fight and killed dogs that did not perform well in training sessions.

Vick told NBC News and TheGrio.com. that he wants to show that that part of his past is behind him.

"I think just to have a pet in my household and to show people that I genuinely care, and my love and my passion for animals; I think it would be outstanding," Vick said in the interview. "If I ever have the opportunity again I will never take it for granted.

"I miss having a dog right now. I wish I could. My daughters miss having one, and that's the hardest thing: Telling them that we can't have one because of my actions," Vick said in the interview.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Lun 3 Jan - 16:19

MARION COTILLARD POUR LA CHASSE AUX PHOQUES

Dimanche, 18 mars 2007, à l'émission «Tout le monde en parle»,
diffusée sur Radio-Canada, Marion Cotillard faisait partie des
invités. Était également invité, Raoul Jomphe, le réalisateur du
film «Phoques - le film», un film qui fait l'éloge de la chasse au
phoque et qui dénigre les défenseurs des animaux.

Vers la fin de l'émission, Marion Cotillard a dit qu'elle avait été
végétarienne pendant 10 ans mais que suite à des problèmes de santé,
des faiblesses, elle avait dû recommencer à manger de la viande. Elle
a dit que le père de sa meilleure amie était chasseur et lui avait
dit que les chasseurs devaient préserver un équilibre dans la nature
et que depuis elle considérait que la chasse devait se faire.

Très déçevant de voir une actrice Française venir au Québec faire
l'apologie de la chasse canadienne au phoque !
----------------

Dimanche 18 mars

Cette semaine : Le premier ministre Jean Charest; le comédien Denis
Bouchard pour son one man show, Bang!; le poète et chanteur Raôul
Duguay pour le spectacle bénéfice des 10 ans de la Coalition
québécoise pour une gestion responsable de l'eau; l'interprète Luce
Dufault pour son nouvel album Demi-jour; Phoques - le film, un
documentaire-choc sur la chasse aux phoques, avec le réalisateur
Raoul Jomphe; le chef du Parti vert du Québec Scott McKay; et
l'actrice Marion Cotillard pour son rôle d'Édith Piaf dans le film La
vie en rose.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Lun 3 Jan - 17:37

December 25, 2010
Name: Marilu Henner
Born: April 6, 1952
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Height: 5' 7" (1.70 m)
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Blue
Author
Official Website: www.marilu.com

Marilu Henner was kind enough to take a few moments out of her busy life to share some thoughts with us. Below is a transcript of some of our talk.

Marilu Henner is probably best known for her wonderful role as Elaine on the hit sitcom "Taxi". She has starred in film, television, and on stage. For more information on her career as actor and producer, see marilu.com and us.imdb.com.

Marilu is also an author, penning the following books:
The 30-Day Total Health Makeover
Marilu Henner's Total Health Makeover
Healthy Life Kitchen
Healthy Holidays
I Refuse To Raise A Brat
Healthy Kids
marilu's books
The 30-Day Total Health Makeover

Here's a couple of Marilu's most recent TV appearances:

The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, Monday 8/8/05
The Tony Danza Show, Thursday, 8/18/05

8/9/05 Jeff Rogers interviewed Marilu Henner for SoyStache

J: Today is Tuesday,...

M: August the 9th, can you believe it? My kids go back to school four weeks from today. I just can't believe that.

J: Wow, back to school?

M: Back to school already! They've been off from school for two months and now they're back!

J: Oh, yeah. The summer just flies The whole year is flying.

M: This has been a real travelling summer for me. It always goes fast when you travel, I think.

J: Where have you been travelling?

M: We took a big 10 day road trip in a car. Just the four of us: my kids, fiancé, and I. We went to all the national parks. We went to a bunch of national parks in the western part of the United States, and then I went to New York to drop my son off at camp, up in the Catskills. In 5 days I was in 11 states, when you figure it out!

J: Oh, wow!

M: And now I have to go back again. This weekend we went to San Francisco. It's been a very busy summer. And Earlier in the summer I shot five specials for the Discovery Channel and Fit TV.

J: Oh, nice!

M: It's based on my books, and what it is, it's called "Shape Up Your Life". It starts October 10th and the whole thing about it is people have this image of where they are and where they'd like to be. And the two seem so far apart that they do nothing!

J: Right

M: I'm always saying to people: "No, you just have to take your life, tweak it a little, and you're actually closer than you think! You're not stuck in that rut. You just don't even know the potential that you have in your own life."

J: Right! And do you find most people have no idea of what they're doing to their own bodies to get to that point?

M: (sighs) Oooh... People are clueless! And the more information that comes out, the more paralyzed they become, because they don't know who to listen to. It's like my girlfriend says, "I wake up and I'm on weight watchers, at lunch I'm on Atkins (Jeff groans), by night I'm on" whatever. But see, for me, my health journey started almost 27 years ago after my mother died of arthritis. She was 58 years old. A few years earlier my father had died of a heart attack at 52. And after my father died I ballooned up to 174 pounds. I put on a lot of weight. I found myself eating my feelings and I really struggled with that. And then, after my mother died I said I'm not going to eat my feelings, I'm going to eat up information instead!

J: Excellent!

M: So, I became a real student of health and went to medical libraries, I went to doctors, I went to nutritionists, I went to health food stores and got books that I never heard of before, authors I never heard of and I started reading. What happened was that because they had died of heart disease and arthritis, I started with those diseases and started reading about those specific diseases, what foods do you eat, etc., etc. What happened was, the more I started to read, the more I realized that certain lifestyle habits and changes aren't just specific to those diseases, although there are certain things you can do to target them, but I realized that it's really about curing the patient and not the disease. It's about targeting your immune system. It's about developing healthy lifestyle habits and making dietary changes that ensure the health of the person, because if you've been dealt a certain genetic hand, those diseases might target you if you're not in a state of health, but I knew that I had to change my life. So, I ended up changing it in 10 different ways, which is what I wrote about in the Total Health Makeover. And the 10 steps I took had to do with reexamining my relationship with chemicals, as in the chemicals in the food I eat. I was a two-gallon a day Tab drinker. You know, two gallons of Tab a day drinker.

J: Oh, my!

M: And so I gave up chemicals, caffeine and smoking, sugar, meat, dairy products, learned about food combining...

J: And over what period of time were all those changes?

M: The more information I was taking in, the more I would experiment, but it took me about 8 years to put it all together, because there was no information back then, in 1978.

J: You mentioned you were looking in medical books, among other things...

M: Oh, I also took a human anatomy class.

J: One thing I've realized is the medical profession... they're trained a certain way and even they are raised...

M: The worst! EXCUSE ME! They don't even have to have hours of dietary instruction. They don't even talk about food.

J: Right!

M: There's no requirement in the medical profession. Most doctors have had zero to four hours. And I don't mean four hours in four hour classes, I'm talking about ONE four hour class!

J: One class, one semester.

M: Yeah, not even one semester. One specific class!

J: I recognize it didn't discourage you, but did you find that going to the medical books was not how to find the answers?

M: It was definitely not how to find the answers, but it did teach me something about human anatomy. And the more I made cross references with the health food store books that I was reading, the more it made sense. I kept thinking, "oh my gosh, my colon is 27 feet long? No wonder I'm not supposed to have dairy products! No wonder I'm not supposed to have meat!"

J: Exactly!

M: You know, I have this tiny little stomach with a certain amount of hydrochloric acid in it. I have the teeth not of a canine animal, but of a grinder, etc., so the medical information I was receiving from studying human anatomy was perfectly coinciding with what I was reading about the way we should be eating. You know, from the vegetarian books. So, I studied all the different types of diets and I'd experiment on myself. I'd try something for a while and see if it worked and I found myself taking this journey and gleaning from each, you know, each thing I read I was always trying to glean the best information, especially to incorporate into my life. And if something worked, I'd say "oh my gosh". I kept calling it my Helen Keller "wawa" connection! I had, especially, a real epiphany with dairy products. That was the biggest one. I'd have to say of all the things, of all the steps that I took to improve my health, giving up dairy was absolutely the number one!

J: That is a big one!

M: It's a huge one! And it's funny, because, you know that whole campaign that they have right now? People will say: "how come kids are sick?" "How come people are obese?" I go "it's the cheese!" "How come we're so tired?" "It's the cheese!"

J: I've gotten so discouraged by those commercials. I flip stations, but they're all over the place!

M: Oh, they're all over the place. And the whole "milk mustache" thing... oh, it makes me ill! It makes me ill! Especially because I know some of the people who are in it, and I know, first of all, the kind of crap that they eat in their real lives. It's so ridiculous. You know, I spoke in front of Congress last September about the dietary guidelines and about dietary supplements.

J: Was that with PCRM [Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine]?

M: Yes, they were there. The first day I was there for the dietary guidelines. They had published them they, sort of put them out there for people, and anybody could come in and make their comments. There was only one other man who was a private citizen, and the rest were people from organizations like PCRM. Amy Lanou was there from PCRM, and also there were four people from the dairy industry. Four! And they just kept getting up and filibustering and talking, etc. etc. [Jeff groans] We also had a guy from the Lard Institute, the Salt Institute. It was unbelievable to watch people get up and say...

J: How healthy their products are?

M: Olive oil is not good, lard is so much better! It went so far as to... and the whole dairy thing. Dairy makes me sick. Literally. The whole idea. The way it owns our school lunch programs and our health.

J: That's terrible

M: It's terrible. And they jump on the band wagon that says "calcium is good for the body." They jump on it. But not saying that milk is the worst calcium carrier.

J: Well, at best, the body might equalize with the amount of calcium it gets and loses by consuming dairy products.

M: Right. Exactly.

J: It's pointless. People give so much to the kids, especially, like you say, through the school lunch program, then they have so many kids with ADD and things like that.

M: It's disgusting. I think what we are doing to our children is nauseating anyway. Here we pump them full of chemicals, hormones, dyes, sugar and everything and we expect them to sit still in school with their little 40 to 80 pound bodies. And then when they can't, we say this kid has ADD and ADHD and lets just pump them up with Ridilin now.

J: I recognize with all the colds and flues and other diseases, the first thing medical science does is give us medications.

M: Right, it's curing the disease, not the patient. You know, my kids. It's so funny, I did the Craig Ferguson show last night, and somebody was saying to me "well how do you deal with your kids?" And I said "I think they only eat sugar when they come to TV show green rooms!" Because, my son had a cookie. Contraband, right? Because, otherwise, they don't eat dairy or sugar. I said "But you know what? If my kids are home, they never eat anything but healthy food. Nothing! They don't eat meat. They don't eat dairy. They don't eat sugar. They were raised vegetarian." I always say that they are so much healthier. I said "Joey, when was the last time you were sick?" He said "I don't even remember." You know why? He picked up an ear infection in New York when he was three years old and that was the last time he was sick!

J: And he's how old now?

M: My kids don't have medications! He's nine and a half. My kids never get sick! They never get sick! My son had a reaction to poison oak, because he went hiking. He went hiking with his older step-brother. I took him in to the pediatrician. The pediatrician said "when was the last time you guys were in here? You missed your yearly checkup. It's been two years." I said "Oh my Gosh, I didn't even realize it." He said "Your kids are never sick! I never see them!" So he says "bring the little one in too", so I brought them both in for their "yearly " check-up. He said these kids are in perfect health. Their cholesterol is super low, They can't even register my kids cholesterol, because the cholesterol test doesn't go under a hundred and my kids both have cholesterol under a hundred.

J: Wow, that IS low!

M: That is low. But that's great! I mean, they are sooo healthy!

J: Are they able, on their own, to make the best choices?

M: They do. In fact, they... they're kids, so sometimes they'll have a little birthday cake, but almost invariably, scrape most of the frosting off, because it's too sweet for them.

J: Wow! I've really come clear with the cause and effect relationship of foods we eat and how we feel, but if they're able to make that connection on their own, then they can control themselves.

M: Well... yeah. They definitely know it. My older one also has some allergies, like to peanuts and stuff, so he's got to be careful. He always asks "what's in this?" Also, my son read The China Study. Have you read that book?

J: No, I haven't, but I've read about it.

M: It's a brilliant book! It's a brilliant book! I give it to everybody, all the time. It's so good! If anything should convince you to become vegan, it's The China Study!

J: Now you've mentioned a lot of travelling, do you find it challenging, when travelling, to stay on your diet?

M: You know what, I've lived like this for so long, that I just bring my food with me or I know how to order. If I'm on an airplane I order the vegan non-dairy. The world is definitely changing, thank God, so it's getting easier to eat healthy.

J: With the internet, I know there are some great sources. I link to sites that have guides. You can look up countries, states, cities...

M: Oh, yeah! We did that on our road trip and we ate in one of the best vegetarian restaurants I've ever been to in my entire life, called Sage's.

J: Sages,.. I've heard of that. Where is that?

Salt Lake City. Oh, it's fantastic! Anyway, so you just look up on the internet and they tell you. In fact, it was really great. Because we went to the Grand Canyon and we looked up a place and they told us right there you can get soy cheese pizzas and stuff like that. I don't even like the soy cheese. We were able to go to a place that had pizzas that they could make with soy cheese or even without the cheese. People were amenable to certain dietary things.

J: I know when I travel... I eat only raw foods, so I look up health food stores, primarily, but also on occasion there are raw restaurants and those guides make it much easier.

M: Oh, I know! There's a great one in Las Vegas. The best one I've ever been to is in Las Vegas!

J: Oh, the two raw restaurants? It changed owners and actually now have two restaurants. [Go Raw Cafe] They had one of the best raw lasagnas I've had.

M: Yeah, raw lasagna! (laughs) I find raw food too cold. I don't know whether I've just been so influenced by macrobiotics or what. But I think it's too much for the body to have to heat up all the time. And you live where?

J: In Seattle.

M: Oh, especially in Seattle! It seems like raw food is too... in a cold climate, especially. I don't mind raw food during the summer or during warm weather, but I think it's too taxing on the body. That's just my belief.

J: There are actually some dishes where they warm them up in a dehydrator. A little warm, but not hot. If you're a fan of raw lasagna, the best one I've had since then is actually in a restaurant in Toronto, called Ra Ra Raw.

M: Oh... (laughs)

J: It's now my favorite raw lasagna!

M: Oh, that's cool! Sometimes, I think, they put too much garlic in raw foods. That always seems to be the predominant flavor. And I'm not a big garlic [fan.] It repeats on me so much and I don't know whether its my years of dancing or whatever, but somebody would have garlic and be sweating next to you on the ballet bar. I would hate that part.

J: I think it's not the best food for the body. When I make my own food I don't use, typically, onions and garlic.

M: Yeah, the savory things are too strong.

J: Now what part of the world do you live in?

M: Los Angeles

J: Do you do bi-coastal work?

M: Oh, I live in NY a lot of times. I do Broadway a lot. I've done a few Broadway shows in the last five, ten years. 3 years ago I was there, 5 years ago I was there, And 7 years ago I was there, I ate at Josie's Restaurant a lot. Do you know Josie's? Vegetarian. Most of my meals are totally vegan

J: You've mentioned your own health changes. I overcame high blood pressure, I no longer get migraines, I was on prescriptions for those. Do you have anything like that?

M: I dropped 54 pounds. I lowered my cholesterol over 100 points. I would get sore throats twice a year and colds. I'm never, ever sick. Never sick, and my kids are never sick.

J: Had you been on any medications?

M: No, not really. I took my cholesterol from 237 to 132. It's always in the low 130's I always feel at optimum. I don't know what that doesn't feel like!

J: That's key! A lot of people don't know, because they don't know what optimum is, until they get there.

M: I always say to people "When was the last time you felt healthy?" and "Do you even know what healthy feels like?" Most people don't even know what healthy feels like.

J: They've been in the same condition, gradually getting there, for years and years, or decades even.

M: Right. But, somehow, the medical profession manages to keep us in that nice state of dis-ease , and they don't want to kill us, because then we won't, you know...

J: We won't come back at all. And I understand a lot of them mean well. I'm sure at some level they know there are other ways. My own father was and MD. He's no longer with us. I always wondered what he would think of the route I have taken over the years.

M: What was it that got you into it?

J: Actually, when I look back, one of the first things was caffeine. Because I got into that, because everyone else was doing it in high school and it was tough getting up in the morning, but I started realizing that I would wake up so groggy in the morning, it dawned on me, it wasn't because I needed caffeine, it was because of the coffee I had had on the previous days. So, I made that connection: that was actually causing my low energy in the mornings.

M: Right. Of course!

J: And I noticed that cycle and irritability, so I got off that. Later on I considered [the effects of] drinking milk, even though I had had an ulcer at one time, and I started noticing I was getting gas. I realized it was from the milk, so I stopped drinking the milk. Then I noticed I was getting less headaches, less colds and flues. That kind of started, or continued, that journey of looking at the cause-and-effect relationship. So, later on, I was really noticing cheese and how that caused more colds and flues. I'd be more apt to get a cold or flu on a week where I had cheese a couple times. I realized that the colds and flues were just my body trying to purge something from the foods I was eating, so that was a big lesson, where just cleaning up my diet solved a lot of problems in my health. I continued that with cutting out meats and all the dairy. The last thing to go was actually Ben & Jerry's.

M: Oh... the last time I had ice cream... I can tell you exactly when it was, it was in October of '82. I had some ice cream in Italy. Gelato. And before that it was actually in 1979. So, I had it once since 1979.

J: Do you use some of the vegan ice creams now?
M: Yeah, I'll get Soy Delicious or something like that.

J: I'm not sure if Emily mentioned, I wrote a book called Vice Cream.

M: Oh, no.

J: It's a book of recipes for gourmet dairy-free ice cream..

M: Oh, that's great! I'll have to get it.

J: I was using Ben & Jerry's. and I loved the richness, but I just felt so lousy. When I went vegan
I wasn't happy with the Soy Delicious and Rice Dream. They were good, they just didn't...

M: They didn't have the consistency.

J: Yeah. So I thought there must be a better way. That's when I started using cashews and coconut milk and things for a base.

What would you say to others to encourage them to become vegetarian or vegan?

M: Well the one thing... No matter what diet you are on, no matter what diet you think you're supposed to be eating, the one thing that is consistent with all diets, is vegetables! There isn't a diet that says vegetables are bad for you. Some diets might say "oh, fruits aren't great" or whatever, but nobody is saying vegetables, so we already know that vegetables are the healthiest thing that you could possibly eat!

J: That's a good point!

M: And there isn't a diet anywhere that says that's not true! It's a great wet food. It gives you a nice base for digesting all your other foods, etc. I think that people need to experiment. I always say you have to fall in love: learn to love the food that loves you.

J: Ahhh, that's good!

M: And that's what we do on the website [www.marilu.com]. We teach classes online: like 30 coaches who teach with me and I'm always trying to transition people from the overly processed, overly chemicalized, "extreme" foods that people are used to eating. I always try to get them into a more plant-based way of eating, because you can taste the flavors. You have to retrain your palate to accept the flavors of natural foods. I think that, if somebody is looking to experiment, I would say try to give up one of the health "robbers": meat; dairy; sugar; caffeine, one of those health robbers for three weeks. Try to do that and then go back to it for a day and see how you feel. If you can make the connection between your food and health and how you feel, it's going to have impact!

J: Excellent!

M: I'm always telling people, I recommend cheating after three weeks, so that you can tell the difference.

J: Like a dietary "challenge".

M: Yeah.

J: That's the way to do it!

M: I got my stepson to do that. He was this little chubby boy. He came to live with my ex-husband, years ago when I was with my ex-husband. My stepson came to live with us. He was a little chubby. He sat in front of the TV all the time. Didn't want to move. His skin was breaking out. He had an inhaler. He'd have to put ketosticks in his urine every day. And he'd get allergy shots. I said "he's only allergic to dairy! I can look at his face and see that." So I gave him the challenge and I said "just give it up". He ended up giving it up. I had to go and do a job. He gave it up for six weeks and he never went back to it. Now he's this incredible vegan cook. He's totally vegan. He's older now. He's actually in Chile helping Chileans develop organic farming. He's creating a whole organic farm system in Chile. He totally got into this! Because it completely changed his life! He gave up the allergy shots. He didn't have to do the inhaler anymore, nothing!

J: And he never challenged it at the end of those six weeks?

M: No, he tried it and he didn't like it and he was only 13 at the time. He never went back to it. Now, he's in his late 20's.

J: I wish I had done that. I grew up on allergy shots. Yeah, not much fun.

M: That's definitely dairy products.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

J: In your career I know you've had a lot of projects. What has been your favorite project or role?
M: I loved Taxi. Taxi was more than just a project. It was kind of my life for five years so, definitely, Taxi would rank first. And I think, probably, doing Broadway, doing Chicago or Annie Get Your Gun.

But writing the books is really my fav... well, first of all, being a mother. That's my number one favorite thing!

J: That's great!

M: Yeah, no question about it. You can make movies. You can make music. You can make speeches or whatever, but until you make people... that's the ultimate as far as I'm concerned!

J: In your roles... I know a lot of them may be set in stone... but do you ever have flexibility where you can demonstrate some of your diet or your health practices?

M: Oh yeah! A lot of times I'll throw in something, especially if it's a movie or sitcom or whatever. Plus the shows that I just did called "Shape Up Your Life". Those were all based on the book. I meant to tell you about that. My whole thing in that show is showing people that health is fun! Each show starts out with a different feel piece. For example, do you know what Pink hotdog stand is here?

J: No, I don't.

M: This is a very famous hotdog stand. So, you think I'm there to take away their food and I say "not yet, anyway!" I'm here to get them to multi-task with their health. I'm here to get them while they're waiting in this long line to exercise! So, I get everybody in the Pink's line to exercise, while they're waiting for their hotdogs! They also do vegan dogs. They do Yves hotdogs, which is good! Then we go to Anaheim stadium for the Angels game.

J: They have soy dogs, don't they?

M: Uh, huh! But at the game, I get them to do 7th inning yoga, instead of the 7th inning stretch!

J: Oh, really!

M: Uh, huh! I get the whole group to do 7th inning yoga! I also gave out edamame and grapes and wheatgrass. It's really funny! And another time, I go to Venice beach and I teach people how to skin brush.

J: Ahhh, do you use the brushes or the loofah pads?

M: No, not loofah, sauna brushes. Loofah is too scratchy on your skin. This is a dry sauna brush.. Another one, I go to the zoo, and I say "OK, here's a sign that says 'please do not feed the animals, they need a special diet to stay healthy. Your food can kill them." So I say "this is the food that the animals are eating and it's all root vegetables and fruits and nuts." And I say "this is the diet of most of the people here today" and it's a whole plateful of all the junk that you get from vending machines, cotton candy, or whatever. I say this is a diet that keeps them healthy this is the diet that will kill them! Shouldn't we come with signs? What about our kids? Shouldn't we come with signs?

J: That's a good point!

M: Then I go around asking people. What food would you pick from these trays? And, of course, everyone is picking all the junk! And I say "what do you think would happen to the animals if we gave them [the food]?" "Oh, they'd get sick, they'd get fat, they'd get cancer, they'd get stomach problems." One little boy said "They'd turn purple!" (laughs) And the kids are eating it!

J: That's a good way of making that point. That's excellent! I take it they get the point!

M: Yeah, they get the point!

J: Now, I know a lot of people are influenced by characters on TV and they see a lot of this poor eating, do you wish there were more vegan/vegetarian characters on TV?

M: I wish that they could have a vegan character that people weren't making fun of. Or even if they made fun of, I wouldn't care, as long as that character looked better than everybody else! People have made fun of me for years! I remember when I first started into this and I'd bring brown rice and nori rolls and carrots, and I'd roll it up, or cucumbers and umeboshi paste and stuff like that. People would go "what the hell are you doing?" And I was the one that could stay up till 4 o'clock dancing!

It's so funny, my kids bring sheets of nori to school. They love nori! I pack it in their lunch box.

J: Just to snack direct or to make things?

M: Yeah, they eat it like it's chips or something. They love it! I wrap everything in nori, (Jeff laughs) salads or whatever.

J: Once in a while I make some raw nori rolls. Not a frequent thing, but it's good!

M: They love it. They really do. They really do. My kids sometimes do a class online. They're guest speakers. They talk to the parents about how they can transition their kids. When we have sleepovers the kids don't even know it's healthy food! One time I did a thing at school and I had edamame. A mother called me up and said "what were those green M&M's that you gave my kid?" (Jeff laughs) They weren't M&M's; they were soybeans. She went "no, no, no... my son said that they were green beans and I assumed they were green M&M's." And I said, "no they weren't!"

J: Oh, no (laughs.)

M: "My son never eats vegetables." I said, "well, he ate these!"

M: You know, I go around the country giving speeches about cancer and about health. I'm always saying to people, if you think about your body as a field of soil and a weed sprouts up, the tendency is "oh, let's just cut that weed out" and that's it. But if you don't completely change the soil and re-fertilize it, give it different nutrients, etc., you're bound to get another weed. That's what people do, they get cancer and they think "OK, let's just cut it out and let's get back to normal. Let's get back to the diet sodas and dairy and all the junk, and the heavy meat, and the sugars, and all that. They don't realize that maybe "normal" is what got you into trouble in the first place.

J: That's right. It's about changing the perception of "normal"

M: Yeah, exactly.

J: Do you have a favorite organization/charity, especially health oriented, that we could link to? That you're involved with, that you support?

M: Well, I do a lot with scleraderma, because a friend of mine died from it. Scleroderma Research Foundation.

J: What is your favorite restaurant? (anywhere)

M: My new favorite is Sage's. I'm telling you! It is so good! (In Salt Lake City) I had the best vegan meal I have ever had! Oh my God, it was so good! The food was incredible!

J: I'm going to have to check into that.

M: My kids were licking plates! (laughs)

J: Really? That is good.

M: I said: "what are you doing?" They said "this is so good!"

And I love Josie's... In New York. And here I love Enaka, Real Food Daily, Cheebo does great stuff! And that's a hipster place! You can bring other people in there and eat great vegan meals, because they do serve other foods.

J: I've been to Real Food Daily. I used to go there every time I'd visit LA.

M: You know what else is great? The Green Temple.

J: The Green Temple?

M: Oooh, it's fantastic! That's probably the best vegan restaurant in Los Angeles. It's actually in Redondo. It's totally vegan.

J: Now, have you been to Juliano's Raw?

M: Oh, yeah. I know him. He and I have the same publisher.

J: And Au Lac? That's in Huntington Beach.

M: No, I haven't been there.

J: I can send a link to that. It's excellent, excellent!

M: And you'll add a link to my site?

J: Yes, definitely!

M: We do great classes there! We have a great class starting next week, called "Sayonara Self-Sabotage". It's all about self-sabotage. We have a big class coming in September.

J: There are a lot of authors out there, vegan speakers, do you have a favorite?

M: I like Robert Cohen, he's a character!

J: Oh, isn't he!

M: He's telling me It's my responsibility to link everybody together, because health doesn't have a big profile. It's a lot of little, small-interest people, because nobody's getting rich by doing this. It's the diet doctors that are getting rich. Anyone who's saying "eat more fruits and vegetables" and "it's really in us to heal", they're not getting rich, because people don't want to hear from that. They want some magic formula.

J: That's right! The one's who benefit are the one's who are selling the things that are contrary to what we are teaching.

M: Yes, exactly! He always says, "Marilu, you're responsible for bringing everybody together. That's my goal.

J: He does a good job. He spreads the word. He's a good speaker too!

We [SoyStache.com] had put our interviews on hold for a couple of years and we'd like to do a lot more, because it is a great way to influence people. I know you haven't met all the millions of people who've seen you, but it's like you're a friend to them. So, when they see that you are doing these things that are helping your life - I'm sure you realize this already - that certainly does affect people. So, THANK YOU for that, by the way!

M: Oh, sure! Are you kidding? I feel like I was put on the Earth to do this. I really do! Especially after my parents died. I went "OK, their deaths are not going to be in vain. I've got to figure something out and share it with the world! I do want to say one thing. I always say the people that are having trouble with their weight or their skin or their energy, they should know that I call those people natural healers. They should know that they are a natural healer. Anyone who's having trouble with their skin, their weight, their health, their energy, they really are a natural healer, because their body is telling them that something is wrong. If they make adjustments, they're not going to believe how much their body is going to thank them! Their body will respond SO quickly! I could look at myself in the mirror at 174 pounds with bad skin and constipation and say something is not right here! And I'd better figure this out!

J: They can make that choice to improve... or if they make the other choice and use medications to stop the very symptoms, they are stopping the body from communicating with them, then it just shuts off that healing process!

M: Totally, it's like a singer who anesthetizes their voice before they go out. Eventually they're going to develop nodes. You're eventually going to develop a bigger problem by just masking what is wrong. Your body is screaming at you at that point. I always say, "it's not about measuring weighing, counting, the same old points, grams, carbs, fats, or whatever, of the same old crappy food. It just isn't! No matter how you cut that stuff up. It's still that food! So, you're better off just changing it.

J: That's true! Some people are just raised a certain way and they're taught by these people they respect that this is how we eat, so it's a big challenge.

M: I know! God forbid. I deal with this all the time. I deal with family influences. All the women on my website saying my mother-in-law thinks I'm poisoning her son and her grandchildren, because I'm not letting her "have dairy products." Or they feel I'm taking their meat away from them; they're not going to have enough protein.

J: It's fear-based. They're afraid. It's too bad! I do appreciate you talking to me today. Thank you, Marilu. I really appreciate it!

M: OK. Take care!

Related link:

saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mar 4 Jan - 11:55

Lady Gaga defends VMA 'meat dress'
Page last updated at 08:55 GMT, Tuesday, 14 September 2010 09:55 UK
E-mail this to a friend [an error occurred while processing this directive] By Greg Cochrane

Newsbeat music reporter
Lady Gaga has defend her 'meat' dress' saying it isn't 'disprespectful' Lady Gaga has defended the 'meat dress' she wore at the MTV VMAs saying it was not disrespectful towards "vegans and vegetarians".

The singer told US chatshow host Ellen DeGeneres that the outfit was a protest against the way the army in America treats gay soldiers. Lesbian, bisexual and gay people can serve in the US military as long as they don't reveal their sexual orientation.

Since the 24-year-old wore the outfit there has been some debate as to whether the dress was made of raw meat.

Writing on her website DeGeneres added: "First of all, yes, it was real meat."

'Offensive' outfit

IN PICTURES: Gaga's other MTV Video Music Awards outfits

Meanwhile, PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) have warned that young people who disagree with the Bad Romance singer's attire will stop buying her music.

In a statement they said: "Wearing a dress made out cuts of dead cows is offensive enough to bring comment, but someone should whisper in her ear that there are more people who are upset by butchery than who are impressed by it."

Elaborating on her choice of fashion during the DeGeneres interview - which took place after the VMAs - Gaga said the dress had "many interpretations".

She said: "As you know I am the most judgement free human being on the earth.

"If we don't stand up for what we believe in and don't stand up for our rights pretty soon we're going to have as much rights as the meat on our bones."

Lady Gaga won eight awards at the ceremony in Los Angeles (12 September) including video of the year.

saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Mar 4 Jan - 11:59

Is Lady Gaga's Meat Couture an Anti-Vegan Statement?Alissa Walker
A writer, a gelato-eater and a walker in LA

Facebook share116 Tweet75 Digg StumbleUponSee Gallery September 13, 2010 • 12:15 pm PDT
Among the many outfits that draped over Lady Gaga's frame at last night's MTV's Video Music Awards, none caused more clamor than the meat dress. Yes, it was a gown made of slinky strips of sirloin, complete with a meat purse which she handed to Cher, the only other person I could think of who would show up to an event wearing prime rib.

Most impressive conceptually were the shoes, which were knotted tight with butcher-string and made me want to wrap Gaga in white paper and toss her on a scale. The outfit was designed by Franc Fernandez, who has some equally-provocative pieces on his site, including the shredded shorts Beyoncé wore in the Gaga video for "Telephone." Update: An earlier story on MTV.com said it was not real meat, but the designer confirms that it was: "The dress is indeed real meat from my family butcher."

If you are familiar with the fashion choices of Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, it will probably not surprise you that wearing meat is actually old hat for Gaga, who posed on the cover of Japanese Vogue in a real beef-kini, shot by Terry Richardson. But what gives? Is Gaga trying to make her own kind of pro-meat statement?

After PETA briskly offered a statement condemning last night's charcuterie couture, Gaga was given the chance to explain on Ellen DeGeneres's show. "Well, it’s certainly no disrespect to anyone that’s vegan or vegetarian….I, as you know, am the most judgment-free human being on Earth," said La Gaga. "However, it has many interpretations — but for me this evening it’s that if we don’t stand up for what we believe in, if we don’t fight for our rights, pretty soon we’re gonna have as much rights as the meat on our bones."

I'm not sure I understood all the meaty symbolism in that statement, but I think Gaga might be making some kind of push for carnivorous rights? To be fair, though, Gaga presented vegan DeGeneres with the equivalent of an olive branch: a kale bikini.

What do you think? Is Gaga's penchant for wearing meat-inspired clothes anti-vegan? Is this disgusting? Delicious?
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres   Aujourd'hui à 11:11

famous people / famosos / personnes célèbres
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 21 sur 22Aller à la page : Précédent  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Suivant