infos

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Suivant
AuteurMessage
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

Masculin Nombre de messages : 19974

MessageSujet: Re: infos   Jeu 24 Mai - 4:39

News du 23 mars 2007 : What You Can Do to End the Canadian Seal Hunt. Help us reach our goal of 50,000 names on our petition to Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper urging him to bring a swift and permanent end to the annual slaughter of baby harp seals. Learn more at FurIsDead.com about what PETA is doing to prevent hundreds of thousands of baby seals from being shot, bludgeoned, or skinned alive for their fur.
The fur industry has many ugly faces. There's the horrific slaughter of millions of dogs and other animals in China. In this country, animals are confined to filthy cages before they are gassed, electrocuted, or beaten to death. But even in this cruelest of industries, there is little as shocking as the Canadian seal pup hunt. Every year, more than 330,000 baby harp seals—most less than 1 month old—are killed in the most barbaric manner for their fur. This carnage takes place with the blessing of the Canadian government. The Canadian government sanctions the vicious destruction of hundreds of thousands of infant harp seals just to satisfy the vanity of a few callous people who still want to wear seal fur.

PETA has made stopping the seal hunt one of the urgent priorities of our anti-fur campaign. We have brought international condemnation to Canada's doorstep, but we need your support to sustain the pressure. I urge you to add your name to PETA's global petition calling on Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper to bring a permanent end to the annual seal hunt. Our goal is 50,000 petition signers before the hunt begins, and with your help, we can exceed those numbers. PETA has already convinced several leading retailers and design houses to stop using real animal fur. Just yesterday, Tommy Hilfiger banned fur from his collection after months of discussions with PETA. He joins Ralph Lauren, Limited Brands, J.Crew, Ann Taylor, Calvin Klein, and many other clothing designers and companies that have sworn off fur thanks to PETA's efforts. Now is the time for the Canadian government to follow their humane example. Change won't come easily, however. It is up to us to raise an international outcry for the Canadian government to put an immediate end to the seal hunt. Help PETA turn up the heat on the Canadian government to end this atrocity. I hope you will join millions of other compassionate people around the world in signing the petition to Prime Minister Harper. Together, we can stop the horrific abuse and slaughter of animals for their fur.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: infos   Jeu 24 Mai - 4:41

News du 7 mars 2007 : It's that time of year again: The ice floes off the Canadian coast are about to turn red with the blood of the countless baby harp seals who are slaughtered for their fur. Words cannot describe the cruelty of the annual seal "hunt," which is really more of a massacre and will begin in just a few days. To stop this yearly atrocity, we must generate an international outcry against the Canadian government. I hope that you will support PETA's public call for an end to this slaughter by immediately taking two important actions: Sign PETA's international petition to Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper. Our goal is to gather signatures from more than 50,000 people who want to tell the prime minister that "fashion" is no justification for spilling baby seals' blood. Support PETA's efforts to stop the slaughter of baby seals and the use of all animals for fur. Your online donation will bring more pressure to bear on the Canadian government and the international fur trade.
Canada's annual seal hunt is the largest slaughter of marine animals on Earth. Last year, more than 330,000 baby harp seals were beaten to death so that they could be made into fur coats, collars, and cuffs. The Canadian government claims that hunters only kill adult seals, but 97 percent of the seals killed last year were less than 3 months of age. Most of these seals are too young to realize that they should try to escape when their killers approach. They lie totally vulnerable on the ice as their heads are bashed in with clubs. Many are dragged across the ice—still conscious—with boat hooks. Often these sensitive animals are skinned alive for their fur. Their bodies are left to rot on the ice because there is no market for their meat. The Canadian government has authorized hunters to kill more than 335,000 harp seals this year—one of the largest quotas in history. There is no place in the 21st century for this wanton and frivolous cruelty. Canada must end this abomination, but it will take a lot of pressure to compel the government to stop the hunt.

Please support PETA's global campaign to stop the baby seal hunt and raise awareness about the cruelty of fur. Your contribution will have an immediate impact on our ability to pressure the Canadian government. Thank you for your determination to end this terrible injustice. Governments respond to public pressure. Please help us meet our goal of 50,000 signatures and tell Prime Minister Harper that Canada will face international condemnation until it brings an end to its annual seal hunt. Then help PETA bring even greater pressure to bear on the Canadian government and the international fur trade by making a generous online donation.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: infos   Jeu 24 Mai - 4:42

News du 2 janvier 2007 : On March 6, 2007 the movie Fast Food Nation hit stores on DVD. We want you to help make it one of the most popular DVD releases of the year! Buy the DVD for a friend, host a Fast Food Nation party (vegan treats only, of course!), and rent it and show it to all those folks who won't watch the other videos you try to show them. The movie is great. It is entertaining and has a strong message, but it won't hit your most reluctant comrades over the head. As A.O. Scott wrote in his New York Times review, "The movie does not neglect the mute, helpless suffering of the cows, but it also acknowledges the status anxiety of the managerial class, the aspirations of the working poor (legal and otherwise) and the frustrations of the dreaming young. It's a mirror and a portrait, and a movie as necessary and nourishing as your next meal." In addition to being a great movie, Fast Food Nation was directed by a really cool guy: Richard Linklater, who also brought us Slackers, Dazed and Confused, School of Rock, and the Academy Award-nominated Before Sunset, among other great movies. Rick asked us to pass the following note on to you:

Dear PETA Activist,

Growing up in a small, rural town in East Texas, I spent a lot of my life around animals and the people who raised them for food. This was our way of life-and I accepted it until I got a little older and started to question the idea that just because we can kill and eat them, we should. As young people do, I accepted pretty much everything adults said as the truth, and I distinctly remember my biology teacher dismissing vegetarianism as foolish and dangerous. It wasn't until I got a little older that I began to question things-EVERYTHING-and began to suspect that if I didn't, in fact, eat meat at every meal, I wouldn't wither up and blow away. I also realized I wasn't comfortable with the idea that cows, chickens, and pigs were having their throats slit just to satisfy my conditioned palate preference. So, about 24 years ago, I stopped eating meat. I had come to see these animals as individuals who have concerns of their own and a desire as strong as my own to live free from pain and suffering. I'm still haunted by images of animal suffering from my own past-pigs crying, knowing they are about to die, etc.-and am ashamed that alone wasn't enough to bring me to my realization earlier; it took a more adult, intellectual approach (and reading Animal Liberation) to fully get me there.

I have been fortunate enough these last few years to work with Eric Schlosser, the author of Fast Food Nation, in bringing a feature-length narrative of his book to the screen. At no point was it easy, but at the end of the line, I have to say I'm proud of the uncompromising nature of the film and am still a little amazed that we got it made at all. It was an amazing life experience to be in and depict the various environments of the movie, and it was very rewarding to have the opportunity to share it with audiences around the world in person. People everywhere-from all walks of life-came up to us afterward and talked about how they could never eat a fast-food meal again or would stop eating meat entirely. Some were thinking that way because of a concern for migrant workers, some were repulsed by the filth of the slaughterhouse process, and many because they no longer wanted to be part of animal cruelty.

But making a film is one thing, getting it seen by your intended audience is another. It was released (sort of) last fall, but it didn't seem to get the studio support it needed to reach a mass audience. There is a scene at the very end of the movie that takes place on the killing floor of a slaughterhouse and, despite its absolute necessity for the story, some critics argued that it was gratuitous and too disturbing. Isn't it odd in our culture that depicting something so routine-something that happens to billions of animals in factory farms every year-is considered taboo, while the murder of human beings is depicted graphically in movies all the time and considered family entertainment? Talk about a society in denial of what's really happening day in, day out.

So this is where you come in. We all know a lot of good people who still might not have given a lot of thought to how substantially their menu choices affect animals (and the environment-the industrial meat industry contributes 18% of all greenhouse emissions). I hope that you'll use our film to start a conversation with folks who might not sit down and watch some of the intense videos you find on PETA's Web site but might enjoy a thoughtful, often humorous drama with a wonderful cast.

Making Fast Food Nation was a labor of love for everyone involved. Now that it's available on DVD, we hope you'll check it out, and perhaps those you share it with will gain a better understanding of why you're an activist.

Keep up the good work,

Richard Linklater

Let's show Hollywood that movies like this have a big audience and that we want more of them made. As Rick says, there are a lot of folks out there who might not go to PETA.org, but they will go to Blockbuster, so make sure you spread the word that Fast Food Nation is the new DVD to rent and buy.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: infos   Jeu 24 Mai - 4:43

News du 16 mars 2007 : Deliver the message about animal rights to your local library by donating a book. Not only does the PETA Catalog carry a wide variety of books on topics ranging from health and fitness to companion animals and vegan cooking, but it also includes a wonderful selection of materials for children, including PETA President Ingrid E. Newkirk’s latest book, 50 Awesome Ways Kids Can Help Animals. Donating a book takes less than five minutes of your time and encourages a large audience to be kind to animals. It also enables you to save 20 percent on select books that you can purchase from PETA for your library. For more information, please visit the PETA Catalog.

Lindsey Twombly
Outreach Programs Supervisor
LindseyT@peta.org
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: infos   Jeu 24 Mai - 5:03

News du 30 mars 2007 : Spring has officially begun, and with it comes birds, flowers, allergies, and good things from peta2. Check it out below! —Lara

Vote for the ‘Cutest Vegetarian Alive’
The finalists have been chosen, and we want to know who makes your heart skip a beat.

See Joss Stone’s New Veggie PSA and Win an iPod Shuffle
See Joss’ beautiful new vegetarian PSA and enter to win an iPod shuffle full of her music at peta2.com.

Win a Trip to the Year of the Dog Premiere in Hollywood!
The contest ends on March 30, so hurry and enter to win tickets to Mike White’s directorial debut, Year of the Dog, which hits select theaters on April 13, and then make your dog “Dog of the
Year.”
Ted Leo’s Living With the Living
Take a look at Ted Leo’s new peta2 ad, and then enter to win his new album, Living With the Living, and a new iPod shuffle!

Casey Affleck’s New PSA Gets Banned!
Casey Affleck’s new vegan PSA has been banned from the Food Network, E! Entertainment Television, and the TV Guide Channel for graphic content. Watch the PSA, and then sign
the petition asking the networks
to air it!
Help Stop the Canadian Seal Hunt
Each year, hunters bludgeon hundreds of thousands of baby seals to death for their fur. Help end this cruelty!

Easter E-Cards Are Back.
What's a holiday without some peta2 e-cards?

Easter Eggs Mr. T

If the Easter Bunny doesn't deliver, get free stuff here.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: infos   Jeu 24 Mai - 5:08

News du 03 mars 2007 : Il y aura une très grande manifestation pour les animaux le 24 mars 2007 à Paris. Cette manifestation réunira environ 50 associations de protection animale dont PETA France. Cette manifestation aura lieu à la place du panthéon à 14 heures. L'un des buts de cette manifestation est de montrer que les protecteurs des animaux sont nombreux en France et que nous sommes une vraie force politique, plus nombreuse que les chasseurs. La présence de chacun d'entre vous est utile. Les parisiens qui ne travaillent pas samedi n'ont aucune excuse pour ne pas être présent à cette manifestation.

Métro : ligne 10, stations Maubert- Mutualité et Cardinal- Lemoine
Bus : lignes 21, 27, 38, 82, 84, 85, 89
RER : ligne B, station Luxembourg
En voiture : boulevard Saint-Michel et rue Soufflot

News du 5 mars 2007 : Dans le cadre de la « Journée Internationale contre la chasse aux phoques », qui se tiendra dans beaucoup de pays le 15 mars 2007, Fourrure Torture organise des manifestations en France. Si vous pouvez, rejoignez les militants de Fourrure Torture à :

- Paris : à proximité de l'ambassade du Canada (dans le 8ème arrondissement) à Paris, de 10h30 à 12h, le 15 Mars (le lieu exact sera donné ultérieurement) ;

- Nice : Consulat du Canada, 10 rue Lamartine, de 11h à 12h30, le 15 Mars.

Informez- nous si vous venez en indiquant votre mail et/ou votre téléphone, afin que nous vous puissions vous donner plus de précisions. Faites circuler le plus largement possible l'annonce de cette manifestation. Si vous n'avez pas signé la pétition de Fourrure Torture, signez-la et dites à vos amis de la signer :

http://www.chasse-aux-phoques.com/petition.html
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: infos   Jeu 24 Mai - 5:10

News du 20 mars 2007 : Thank you for being a member of PETA's Activist Network. Everything you do for animals-from writing letters to the editors of newspapers and magazines to setting up information tables at local festivals-helps change minds and save lives. We want to know how we can best assist you in your efforts to make the world a better place for animals, and we would be grateful if you could take a few moments to complete this survey. Your feedback will help us devise new and improved ways to inform, interact, and inspire. Thanks for letting us pick your brain-and for everything you do to help animals. Be sure to visit PETA's Action Center to participate in PETA's action alerts. Don't let the seal hunt go on without an enormous outcry. You can help stop the slaughter of baby harp seals. The Canadian seal hunt is scheduled to start in just days. Last year, the Canadian government permitted the slaughter of more than 330,000 harp seals in the most barbaric manner imaginable--with spiked clubs. Please join me in saying ENOUGH! Let's work together to help end this terrible cruelty once and for all.

Take these three steps today:

1. Sign PETA's petition to Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper. We only need a few thousand more people to sign in order to reach our goal of 100,000.

2. Make as generous a gift as you can afford to PETA today to support our work to stop the fur trade. The sealing industry claims that it is killing more seals because of an increased demand for the fur. Ending the use of fur in fashion will stop the slaughter of seals, minks, foxes, rabbits, and all the other animals killed for their fur.

3. Ask your friends and family members to sign the petition. Remember, we only have days before the hunt starts. The seals need as many people as possible to stand up for them and tell Prime Minister Harper that we want this horror to end. Only when caring people like you come together and demand change are we able to accomplish great victories for animals. Please do everything you can today. This is not an easy task. Time is short, and animals' lives are depending on our action.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: infos   Jeu 24 Mai - 5:11

News du 15 mars 2007 : In just one week, the killing of more than 300,000 baby harp seals will begin in Canada. Support our work to stop the cruel seal hunt and fur trade today by making as generous a donation as you can afford. Sign our petition and demand an end to the needless slaughter of these beautiful animals for their fur. Add your name to the list of more than 80,000 people who are demanding that Prime Minister Stephen Harper permanently end the annual seal slaughter. With your help, we'll get more than 100,000 compassionate individuals to sign the petition before the slaughter begins just days from now. Have you already signed this vital petition? You can still help animals by urging your friends and family members to speak out as well. Let me help you ensure the safety of the animals in your own home in light of the Menu Foods dog and cat food recall and tell you what PETA is doing to hold the dog and cat food industry accountable. You must know that dog and cat food manufacturer Menu Foods is recalling some 90 name brands of canned wet food, including Iams and Eukanuba, that have been linked to renal failure and more than a dozen animal deaths. How to Keep Your Animals Safe : Make sure you are not feeding your animal companion any of the recalled foods. You can find the full list of products that are being recalled by Menu Foods here. If you believe that your animal companion has fallen ill from eating a product manufactured by Menu Foods, immediately take the animal to your veterinarian. Symptoms of kidney failure include lack of appetite, listlessness, increased thirst, increased urination, vomiting, and diarrhea. Report any animal illness or death to Menu Foods at 866-895-2708 and to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration at 888-463-6332.

What PETA Is Doing : The fact that animals are dying from tainted Menu Foods products is horrific. To make matters worse, the company's response is stupefying and infuriating. It's our understanding that Menu Foods learned of animal deaths as early as February 20 but didn't issue a recall for almost a month. PETA is urging government authorities in Canada and the U.S. to investigate Menu Foods and file criminal charges if the company is found to have violated laws by waiting nearly a month before recalling contaminated food and intentionally feeding it to healthy dogs and cats in laboratories, killing several of them. We know from experience that Menu Foods has never put the interests of animals ahead of its profits. Do you remember when a PETA investigator went undercover at a contract testing laboratory in Missouri that conducted cruel experiments on animals for Menu Foods and Iams? What PETA's investigator uncovered there was shocking; some dogs had huge chunks of muscle removed from their legs and were left to suffer for days. You can read more about the investigation here. We took action then and changes were made, but now this.

What You Can Do to Keep Animals Safe in the Future

Each of us, as loving companions to the cats and dogs in our care, must stand up to corporations like Menu Foods and Iams and hold them accountable for the food they are selling. Please take immediate action: Buy pet food only from companies that test their foods in modern ways, not by experimenting on animals. The list of cruelty-free companies includes PetGuard, Evolution, and V-dog. One of the surest ways to stop corporations like Iams and Menu Foods is by not purchasing their products until they are proved to be safe and cruelty-free. For a list of manufacturers that do not test on animals, click here. Demand that Menu Foods take full responsibility for these animal deaths from tainted food and the company's slow response in letting people know. Insist that the company take measures to ensure that this will never happen again, and ask Menu Foods to end its cruel and old-fashioned experiments on dogs and cats. Demand that Iams (Menu Foods manufactured the recalled Iams food) immediately end all laboratory tests on animals. PETA is the leading national animal advocacy organization working to hold pet food manufacturers accountable for their cruelty and callousness. PETA is actively calling for a thorough investigation of the tainted food scandal, and we need your help today. PETA's demand for accountability from Menu Foods is already making international headlines. By taking the three steps listed above, you can speak out against this rapidly growing scandal.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: infos   Jeu 24 Mai - 5:14

News du 21 mars 2007 : Si vous pouvez, venez promouvoir le végétalisme sous l'angle de l'environnement dimanche 1er avril 2007 à l'occasion de la manifestation organisée par Nicolas Hulot à Paris, en France. Il faut être disponible de 13h à 18h environ. Laissez vos coordonnées si vous êtes intéressé.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: infos   Jeu 24 Mai - 5:32

News du 1er avril 2007 : Alarmingly, it appears that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) may not have discovered the real source of contamination in the recalled Menu Foods items that have caused illnesses and deaths in countless cats and dogs. A mounting number of complaints about sick and dying animals who ate only dry food that did not contain wheat gluten strongly suggest that another ingredient is causing this crisis. Evidence from reputable laboratories indicates that an excessive amount of vitamin D in pet food—among other possibilities—may be to blame. Vitamin D overdoses produce symptoms similar to those seen in animals who recently have become sick or died after consuming only dry foods. This week we have asked the FDA to refocus its investigations beyond wheat gluten and consider other possible contaminants. For the safety of all our beloved companion animals, we must not let the FDA sweep this issue under the rug—as the agency has done so often before with animal and human health issues. We need to ensure that all available pet food is 100 percent safe for dogs and cats. PETA has also called on FDA commissioner Andrew von Eschenbach to resign over the agency's mishandling of the pet food crisis. It is infuriating—and so very sad—that cherished animals are dying horrible deaths because of a callous and essentially unregulated pet food industry. By not exercising its mandate and siding with Menu Foods and companies like Iams, the FDA has forfeited the public trust—to the detriment of companion animals. We will continue to pressure corporate and government officials to get to the real source of what is making animals sick and to ensure that all available pet foods are safe. I will update you as this situation evolves. Please also visit PETA.org, which is regularly updated with late-breaking and helpful information about this and other issues.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: infos   Jeu 24 Mai - 6:01

News du 04 novembre 2006 : Take action for animals. Fun animal facts : Much of elephants’ complex language is based on infrasound, which is below the level of human hearing. This enables separated family members to communicate with each other over vast distances. Show and tell : Teaching children about animal abuse is one of the most effective ways to help animals. “Show and tell” is a great opportunity to let kids know that the circus is no fun for animals, and with PETA’s “An Elephant’s Life” comic book, doing so is really easy.
- Download or order a copy of PETA’s “An Elephant’s Life” comic book.
- Read the book with your child or a child you know, and discuss what it’s like for elephants and other captive animals in the circus.
- Encourage your child to present the comic book at school for his or her next “show and tell” and distribute copies of it to classmates.
- If the school doesn’t have a “show and tell,” try contacting the teacher and ask if your child can give a special presentation about this issue.
- Even if you don’t have kids, you can give your local school board a lesson in circus cruelty and urge its members not to organize field trips to circuses that abuse animals. Please visit Circuses.com for additional information.
Is there a greyhound- racing track near you? People who participate in dog racing are in it for the money, and tens of thousands of greyhounds pay the price with their lives each year. Please consider handing out PETA’s “Greyhound Racing: The Real Losers” leaflets before the next event.
An Unprecedented Opportunity to Help Captive Elephants
Primarily Primates, Inc., Hell on Earth for Animals, Seized by Texas Attorney General
INXS' J.D. Fortune Wants You to Switch to Vegetarianism
Ah, fall. The leaves are changing colors, bands are going on their fall tours, it’s cold enough to finally break out that scull-and-crossbones scarf that you knitted over the summer, bad horror movie sequels are popping up on the big screen, and peta2 is still awesome. Everything is as it should be. Win a Wake Up Screaming DVD and an Autographed Movie Poster. It is the moment that you have all been waiting for—Wake Up Screaming is now out on DVD! Follow peta2's Texas-farm-boy turned punk rock road-warrior Jason Bayless on the Vans Warped Tour in our brand-new documentary and see some of the hottest bands on the planet. Win Tix to Silverstein's Never Shave Again Tour. Your best buds at peta2 are giving away two tickets to every stop on Silverstein's Never Shave Again Tour. Vote for the Best 'Veggie Video'. We received a ton of videos—now it's time to pick the best one! Watch the top three videos, and vote for the one that you think deserves to win. Free T-Shirts and a Skate Deck From Michael Sieben. You may know Michael Sieben as the art director for Bueno Skateboards and a columnist for Thrasher, but we know him as the dude who designed an awesome anti-animal-testing T-shirt for us. Win the T-shirt and a free skate deck.
We're Gearing Up to Roll Out the Red Carpet
Nominate your favorite food, band, clothing company, and more for peta2's first-ever Libby Awards (as in animal liberation pioneers)
Cut Class, Not Frogs in October
This October is the fifth annual "Cut Out Dissection" Month, and we’ve got a ton of ideas for how you can stand up for frogs, pigs, cats, and other animals who are cut up in science class.
Win the 'Kentucky Fried Cruelty' Hearse
That's right ladies and gents—peta2 is giving away a custom hearse covered with anti-KFC messages. Send a birthday greeting to KFC's head honcho and you could win it!
The Rakes Boycott Burberry
Pictures From 'Hug a Vegetarian' Day!
Dave Melillo Schools peta2
Wanna Start a Group at Your School?
I Am Ghost Giveaway
Win Alison Goldfrapp's Shoes!
INXS Giveaway

News du 10 octobre 2006 : Here at peta2, November is a time to eat a lot of vegan food. So much pumpkin pie, Tofurky, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, stuffing—and only 30 days to eat it all. But take this advice: Before following our lead and ending up passed out on the couch for the rest of the month, check out what we have for you below, then commence the eating. Play peta2's New Fast Food Nation Game. We were so psyched about this movie coming out that we created our very own Fast Food Nation game. You get to play as the evil fast-food chef and cause as many heart attacks as possible. After testing out your gaming skills, enter to win free tickets to the movie and more. Monkeys Want You to Win a Free Wii and the New Zelda. We're giving away a brand-new Nintendo Wii and a copy of the monkey-friendly Zelda: Twilight Princess to celebrate the one-year anniversary of our undercover investigation into Covance's evil primate labs. Jared Padalecki's Plea: 'Don't Wear Fur' Supernatural hottie Jared Padalecki pipes up for pooches and other animals killed for their fur in peta2's latest anti-fur ad. Take our poll and see Jared's hot new ad, only at peta2.com. Win a Free Tofurky Feast. This Thanksgiving, peta2 is going to fly Tofurkys to five lucky people. How do you win one? Simple—ask your friends and family to spare turkeys this holiday season. Libby Nominations Have Been Tallied—Vote Now. You nominated your favorite celebs and bands and the companies you just can't live without. We've compiled the list of nominees, and it's time for you to vote for your favorites. No Stamp for Colonel Sanders. KFC is trying to convince the U.S. Postal Service to create a stamp for the infamous chicken killer Colonel Sanders. Sign our petition against the stamp, and pass it on. Tell ShopNBC 'Fur Is Dead'. Less than a year after promising to go fur-free, ShopNBC has gone back on its word. Please help us convince the company to stop selling fur once and for all. Want $100? Vote for the Most Vegetarian-Friendly College. We’ve compiled a list of the most vegetarian-friendly colleges. Now’s the time to pick your favorite—you might even win a $100 gift card just for voting. Always wanted a video iPod and kick-ass speakers? Well, here you go, and here's some more ways to get free stuff too.
The holiday-shopping season is upon us, and consumers across the country have started making their gift-giving decisions. Now is the time to get out there and encourage people to make animal-friendly holiday purchases. We hope that you can schedule some time in the coming weeks to hand out PETA's "Fur: There's No Excuse" leaflets and celebrity fur leaflets. We'll also throw in some stickers for you to have on hand. Please click here to order your fur leafleting pack. Remember that you should never let anyone wearing fur pass you by without telling him or her—ever so politely, of course—that his or her coat caused as many as 40 animals to suffer immensely. Another great way to raise awareness about animals killed for fur is with our Christianity and Fur and Judaism and Fur leaflets. If you would like to receive a supply of 25 of either or both of these leaflets, please note that on your order form. If you can find a place with plenty of space and people in the evenings, you might consider showing a compelling video on a portable DVD player. We can send you a looped copy of PETA's China fur exposé—just e-mail me. Urge the U.S. Postal Service Not to Endorse KFC's Cruelty. ou interested in organizing a "Fur Is Dead" outreach event? If so, please contact Deedra Aro. Lost Star Dominic Monaghan Appears in New PETA Wildlife Ad. Check out Dominic Monaghan's new ad asking people to consider humane solutions to wildlife issues in their back yards and communities, and enter to win seasons one and two of Lost on DVD as well as a T-shirt signed by Dominic Monaghan.
Christy Griffin
Senior Activist Liaison
International Grassroots Campaigns
ChristyG@peta.org
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: infos   Jeu 24 Mai - 6:01

Cet article a été écrit le 8 janvier 2006.

Beaucoup de gens pensent qu’on ne tue pas les lapins que pour leur fourrure. Ils pensent qu’on fait la fourrure avec la peau des lapins qui sont tués pour leur viande. Ils se trompent. On tue des lapins pour leur viande et on tue aussi d’autres lapins pour leur fourrure. La fourrure de lapin n’est pas la récupération des lapins qui sont tués pour leur viande. Une enquête vient d’être faite auprès des fournisseurs à ce sujet. Les animaux souffrent à cause des gens coquets qui ne pensent qu'à leur plaisir. Les personnes qui portent de la fourrure savent-elle que les animaux souffrent pour qu’on fasse de la fourrure avec leur peau ? Certaines d’entres elles le savent et s’en fichent et d’autres ne le savent pas car elles sont ignorantes. Les gens qui portent de la fourrure devraient se remettre en question. S’ils achètent de la fourrure synthétique, ils ne seront pas complices de tous ces massacres inutiles. Le consommateur fait la demande. Il faut que ces massacres d’animaux cessent et que les gens qui portent de la fourrure regardent les vidéos où les animaux se font dépecés et maltraités pour leur enlever leur fourrure et qu’ils voient ce qu'endurent ces pauvres bêtes innocentes. Le jour où les consommateurs diront non à ces atrocités, elles cesseront. Les gens qui aiment la fourrure devraient s'habiller avec des vêtements en synthétique (de la fourrure synthétique, de la fausse fourrure). Les gens peuvent s'habiller avec des vêtements fait en d’autres matières. La fourrure n’est pas la seule matière qui existe sur la terre. L’excès des élevages d’animaux pour leur fourrure apporte de la pollution. Donc la fourrure, c'est de la pollution. Ces animaux souffrent le martyr et c'est injuste. On peut se passer de la fourrure, la fourrure n'est pas vitale, on ne va pas mourir si on ne met pas de la fourrure. Il faut dire aux gens qui mettent de la fourrure (pas que les femmes, les hommes aussi) que pitié, ils ne portent plus de fourrure, même un petit col ou une peluche car des millions de bêtes souffrent le martyre pour ce caprice.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: infos   Jeu 24 Mai - 10:10

News du 20 mai 2007 : Companies that torture, kill, and exploit animals depend on people's ignorance. They go to extreme lengths to hide their hideous abuses from the public. So PETA goes even further to uncover the truth.

KFC thought that it could hide the fact that its suppliers' workers delight in torturing chickens. Fashion designers thought that they could cover up the fact that many of their "raccoon fur" coats are actually made from dogs who are killed and skinned alive in China. And medical laboratory Biosearch believed no one would ever know that its employees were dripping caustic substances into terrified kittens' eyes.

They were all wrong. Thanks to PETA's undercover investigations, the world has seen graphic evidence of the horrific cruelties that these companies are perpetrating. Once we've exposed the abuse, it's only a matter of time before it stops. You and I have seen it happen time and again.

PETA's investigations have forced hundreds of the largest and best-known companies to stop hurting animals. It is your support that drives our lifesaving work. By making an online donation to PETA today, you can help us take down the next corporate abuser that thinks no one is watching.

Your donation is crucial because these investigations require an enormous amount of resources. We must create a fake identity for our investigators and get them hired at companies that are abusing animals. Every day, our investigators must appear to be doing their jobs — while actually videotaping the horrors that they see. They can't quit until we have enough proof to take to the public.

I often fear for the safety of PETA's undercover investigators. But I know that they do it because our investigations are the only hope for animals who are tortured and killed behind locked doors.

Please make a special donation to support our investigative work in behalf of animals today. Your donation will send this powerful message to every company that abuses animals: You have no refuge, no safe haven, nowhere to hide.

With gratitude,

Ingrid E. Newkirk
President

P.S. By supporting PETA's undercover investigations, you are refusing to allow animal suffering to take place in silence. With your support today, the world will learn about the violence inflicted upon animals used by the cruelest industries. Thank you for speaking up for these forgotten animals.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: infos   Sam 26 Mai - 7:39

News du 22 janvier 2007 : Aux Etats-Unis, PETA USA a exigé d'un certain nombre d'églises qu'elles annulent leurs "crèches vivantes" à l'occasion de Noël car cette tradition soumet les animaux au stress de déplacements et au froid. L'expérimentation animale ne sert à rien et est cruelle. PETA a publié une liste de "groupes peu recommandables", incluant L'institut Pasteur, le CNRS, l'INSERM, l'ARC et l'AFM.
Peta soutient financièrement des mouvements "écoterroristes" tels que l'ALF et l'ELF.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: infos   Sam 26 Mai - 7:42

a

Dernière édition par le Ven 20 Juil - 5:34, édité 1 fois
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: infos   Sam 26 Mai - 9:00

En octobre 2006, quatre militants de la PETA ont occupé une boutique de Jean-Paul Gaultier à Paris pour dénoncer l'utilisation de fourrure dans ses collections. Ces militants ont maculés les vitrines de peinture rouge.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: infos   Dim 27 Mai - 11:39

News du 29 octobre 2006 : Le magasin Topshop d’Oxford Street a franchi un cap ce week-end dans sa lutte anti-fourrure. En partenariat avec la très virulente association PETA, ses vitrines accueillent cette semaine un message militant. Un symbole “fourrure interdite” peint sur la vitrine rappelle que la chaîne n’a jamais travaillé avec des vraies peaux. L’installation des mannequins est encore plus percutante : une silhouette exhibe un manteau fabriqué à partir de nounours et jouets en peluche. Une manière d’énumérer le nombre d’animaux nécessaires à la réalisation d’une seule pièce de fourrure. Topshop a reçu récemment un award Peta pour ses positions anti-fourrure, remis lors d’un événement présenté par Pamela Anderson et Stella McCartney. Son soutien public à PETA aura forcément un fort impact, au moment où les méthodes de cette organisation – des actions commandos dans le milieu de la mode - sont de plus en plus critiquées. A suivre à la télé, “Lundi Investigation” propose d’ailleurs une émission consacrée aux “Enragés de la cause animale” pour sa centième, ce soir à 23 heures, sur Canal +. J.DLR
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: infos   Dim 27 Mai - 12:27

News du 2 novembre 2006 : Topshop soutient la lutte anti-fourrure
(Vogue.fr)

Le magasin Topshop d’Oxford Street a franchi un cap ce week-end dans sa lutte anti-fourrure. En partenariat avec la très virulente association PETA, ses vitrines accueillent cette semaine un message militant. Un symbole “fourrure interdite” peint sur la vitrine rappelle que la chaîne n’a jamais travaillé avec des vraies peaux. L’installation des mannequins est encore plus percutante : une silhouette exhibe un manteau fabriqué à partir de nounours et jouets en peluche. Une manière d’énumérer le nombre d’animaux nécessaires à la réalisation d’une seule pièce de fourrure. Topshop a reçu récemment un award Peta pour ses positions anti-fourrure, remis lors d’un événement présenté par Pamela Anderson et Stella McCartney. Son soutien public à PETA aura forcément un fort impact, au moment où les méthodes de cette organisation – des actions commandos dans le milieu de la mode - sont de plus en plus critiquées. A suivre à la télé, “Lundi Investigation” propose d’ailleurs une émission consacrée aux “Enragés de la cause animale” pour sa centième, ce soir à 23 heures, sur Canal +.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: infos   Mar 29 Mai - 13:22

News du 27 décembre 2002 : GUWAHATI, Inde (Reuters) - Un jeune Indien s'est percé le visage de plusieurs dizaines d'aiguilles de seringues samedi, espérant récolter des fonds pour une organisation caritative. (des menaces de piqure ? des revendications ? un terroriste !! abattez-le !)

Pratesh Baruah, qui est âgé de 25 ans, a fait sa démonstration dans la ville de Guwahati, dans l'Etat oriental d'Assam. (mince j'ai loupé ça !!)

Le jeune homme a expliqué être également capable de croquer des ampoules électriques (40 ou 60 watts ?), de boire de l'acide (avec des glaçons ?) et de manger 500 petits piments en l'espace de cinq minutes. (moi je peux manger 500 graines de riz en pas longtemps...)
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: infos   Jeu 31 Mai - 8:45

News du 29 mai 2007 : I am thrilled to announce more good news in our campaign to convince food and beverage makers to stop testing on animals. A little more than a month ago, PETA successfully concluded discussions with food-industry giant PepsiCo—the multibillion-dollar parent company of brands like Pepsi-Cola, Frito-Lay, Tropicana, Quaker Oats, and Gatorade—that resulted in the company's announcement that it will no longer conduct or fund experiments on animals. Now, after hearing from PETA, PepsiCo’s rival Coca- Cola has agreed to stop animal tests. Prior to our discussions, Coca-Cola had a history of conducting invasive and deadly animal experiments—including cutting open chimpanzees' faces in order to conduct taste tests and force-feeding chemicals to rats to test "caramel color"—none of which is necessary or required by law. Coca-Cola's senior vice president and chief innovation and technology officer, Danny Strickland, wrote to PETA on May 22 and stated, "I want to assure you that The Coca-Cola Company does not conduct animal tests and does not directly fund animal tests on its beverages. ... We are sending letters to our partners and research organizations who may conduct safety evaluations on ... ingredients insisting they use alternatives to animal testing." Strickland also addressed a deadly physiology test on taste reception in rats that PETA had discovered Coca-Cola was funding and said, "Recently senior management became aware that research involving rats was being conducted as part of a grant we had funded at Virginia Commonwealth University to study taste reception. We have contacted the University and have discontinued our funding." Coca-Cola's commitment not to fund tests on animals—and its instruction to its suppliers to use alternatives to animal testing—is a sign of hope for the millions of animals who are forced to endure cruel and unnecessary experiments every year. Coca-Cola joins PepsiCo, Welch's, Ocean Spray, POM Wonderful, and more than 22 other beverage companies that have pledged to PETA that they will not fund or conduct animal tests. Yet some food and beverage companies remain behind the times and continue to fund or conduct cruel and outdated tests on animals. Please take a moment to write to Unilever—maker of Lipton Tea and many other food products—and urge the company to follow Coca-Cola's lead in ending cruel animal tests for their foods, beverages, and ingredients. Send polite comments to:
Michael B. Polk, Group Vice President and President, Americas
Unilever PLC
700 Sylvan Ave.
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
201-894-4000
1-877-995-4483
201-871-8257 (fax)
comments@unilever.com

If you live in the U.K., please send polite comments to Patrick Cescau, Unilever's U.K.-based group chief executive and director, at patrick.cescau@unilever.com
. Please help [url=javascript:ol('http://getactive.peta.org/ct/xdNVVq61PRHj/');]support our groundbreaking work[/url] in behalf of animals in laboratories. We couldn't achieve these important victories for animals without your continued—and much appreciated—support.
Thank you very much for your help as we work to end cruelty to animals.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: infos   Jeu 31 Mai - 12:34

News du 30 mars 2007 :

USA: première condamnation pour violation de l'interdiction du foie

http://news.fr.msn.com/Article.aspx?cp-documentid=4594198</A>

Un propriétaire de restaurant de hot dogs de Chicago a payé 250 dollars
d'amende pour violation d'un arrêté municipal bannissant des tables des
restaurants le foie gras coupable d'être le fruit du gavage des oies et des
canards, a-t-on appris auprès des services de la Ville.

"Comme il s'agit de la première contravention, l'officier a fixé l'amende à
250 dollars, ce qui est le minimum en vertu de l'ordonnance", a dit Tim
Hadac, un porte-parole du département de la santé publique de Chicago.
Doug Sohn, propriétaire d'une gargote de hot dogs et saucisses, ne semblait pas préoccupé par la peine infligée.

"Je me suis moi-même mis dans cette situation," a dit le restaurateur. Il a
admis être sorti du droit chemin pour tester l'engagement de la ville à
faire appliquer une interdiction que le maire de Chicago Richard Daley a
lui-même critiquée comme étant "la loi la plus idiote" que le conseil
municipal ait jamais passée.
"J'ai voulu provoquer pour voir si la loi était sérieusement appliquée. Je
voulais voir jusqu'où ils allaient aller", a-t-il expliqué.
Quand cet arrêté a été voté en avril 2006, les autorités sanitaires avaient
admis qu'elles ne feraient pas une priorité du respect de l'interdiction du
foie gras, qui a pris effet en août 2006.
Seulement une fraction des 6.500 restaurants de Chicago sert du foie gras.
Des responsables du département de la santé ont traduit en justice une
dizaine de restaurants et de traiteurs de la ville depuis l'application de
l'arrêté. A la première infraction, le contrevenant reçoit une mise en
garde, à la seconde, il est puni d'une peine d'amende pouvant aller jusqu'à 500 dollars.

Après Chicago et la Californie, où le foie gras doit être interdit dès 2012,
le débat touche aussi l'Oregon, le Maine, le Massachusetts.

Il n'existe que deux élevages spécialisés dans tous les Etats-Unis, l'un
dans la vallée de Sonoma en Californie et l'autre dans l'Etat de New York
(nord-est). A eux seuls, ces deux élevages assurent une grande partie de la consommation de foie gras frais aux Etats-Unis. Sonoma Foie gras gave environ 20.000 canards par an.
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: infos   Dim 3 Juin - 8:58

News du 5 cotobre 2005 : PETA protests Lagerfeld. Security personnel remove an unidentified PETA activist (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) as a model presents a creation for German designer Karl Lagerfeld during his Spring/ Summer 2006 ready-to-wear fashion show for Lagerfeld Gallery fashion house in Paris.

News du 8 octobre 2005 : Anti-fur group cream pies American Vogue's Wintour. French anti-fur activists said they struck Anna Wintour, editor of the U.S. edition of Vogue, in the face with a cream pie on Saturday to protest against her support for the use of animal fur by the fashion industry. Wintour, dressed in a fur-trimmed black jacket, was hit in the face with a tofu cream pie as she left the Chloe fashion ready-to-wear show at the Tuileries Gardens in central Paris, members of the group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) said. It was the second such attack this year on Wintour, an unapologetic fur supporter decried by animal rights groups as a "pelt pusher." "Wintour is fur-bearing animals' worst enemy because her magazine continues to feature dozens of pags of pro-fur editorials and advertising each year," PETA campaigner Yvonne Taylor told Reuters by phone in Paris. "She takes big glossy advertisements for fur and she refuses to run any anti-fur ads, even paid ones, so she's a big fur supporter," Taylor said.

Dernière édition par le Jeu 21 Juin - 7:48, édité 2 fois
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: infos   Dim 3 Juin - 9:01

News du 4 mars 2007 : San Francisco Protects Wild Parrots' Habitat. Board of Supervisors passes ordinance to preserve and replace vital cypress trees. Back in December 2005, IDA joined the effort to help save a grove of Monterey cypress trees in San Francisco's North Beach neighborhood because they are a favorite perch of the world-famous wild parrots of Telegraph Hill. Readers of IDA's eNews will recall that IDA started a second petition recently to support legislation proposed by Supervisor Bevan Dufty to preserve this habitat and ensure that the parrots will have a home on the Greenwich Steps for years to come. Well over one year later, after a long campaign by many dedicated private citizens, city officials and the Northeast San Francisco Conservancy, we are proud to announce that yesterday the San Francisco Board of Supervisors voted to pass the ordinance protecting the trees! Mark Bittner, the parrots' longtime caretaker who lives next to the cypresses, noted that "the parrots were sitting in those trees squawking at the very moment the legislation passed." Thank you to everyone who signed IDA's petition and asked their family and friends to do the same. More than 1,900 caring people from every corner of the globe showed their support for the parrots by signing on.

IDA presented the results of this petition and the one we started in December 2005 at the Land Use Committee hearing in City Hall on Monday, March 5th. Committee members were impressed that IDA had gathered more than 4,500 signatures in support of protecting the parrots' habitat. The hearing chamber was packed with parrot advocates, many of whom made public statements about how the parrots benefit the people of San Francisco and add to the city's uniqueness. These included Judy Irving (the producer/director of "The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill") and Mark Bittner (the movie's co-star), Richard Schulke and Christine Garcia (chair and vice-chair of the Commission of Animal Control and Welfare), and IDA spokesperson Mat Thomas, who was also quoted in an ABC7 News story about the parrots. "A key element in this success," said Judy Irving, "was the very visible outpouring of support from all over the globe. We couldn't have done it without IDA." With Arbor Day coming up on Saturday, March 10th, it's especially fitting that San Francisco has passed this unique ordinance to mandate the pruning and maintenance of the two older cypress trees, plant up to six new parrot-friendly trees, and protect the property owner from legal liability should the dying trees happen to fall before being replaced. Wild parrot flocks now live in such diverse urban environments as Orange County, Calif.; Brooklyn, N.Y.; Fort Lauderdale, Fla. and Chicago, Ill.; as well as numerous cities in Great Britain and elsewhere. San Francisco's innovative solution will show other cities faced with similar issues that living harmoniously with urban wildlife benefits everyone -- human and animal alike. Watch the broadcast television premiere of "The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill" on Tuesday, May 29th at 9:00 pm when it airs on PBS' Independent Lens series. For more information, check local listings for your area. Or purchase a copy of the film on DVD or VHS, as well as Mark Bittner's best-selling book "The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill: A Love Story...With Wings."

News du 13 avril 2007 : Mad Science. The killing of animals in the name of science and medicine marches on. Every year around the world, millions upon millions of animals are cut open with knives and saw blades, burned by flames and radiation, deliberately injected and infected with deadly viruses, shocked with high-voltage electricity, operated on unnecessarily without anesthesia, and tormented in countless other ways. Usually, the unimaginable pain suffered by these involuntary victims ends only when they die, alone and frightened. These mutilations and dismemberments are not being performed by criminal psychopaths hiding out in secret dungeon basements. Rather, they are conducted by highly-educated technicians in modernized research and testing laboratories, most of which are funded or subsidized by taxpayers. In the name of science and medicine, a multinational, multi-billion dollar industry uses animals’ bodies like mere lab equipment for everything from searching for cures to diseases that afflict humans to testing the effectiveness of a new eye liner. What we learn from torturing and killing animals in medical “research” and “scientific” experiments tells us little or nothing about healing people, but it reveals much about the human species’ arrested evolutionary development. Real progress would be marked by the abolition of animal experimentation, and the introduction of compassion as the guiding principle in our search for truth.

News du 1er mai 2007 : Sony Decapitates Goat to Promote Violent Videogame. Horrific publicity stunt is centerpiece of launch party for PS2's God Of War II. The increasingly bloody violence of videogames leapt from virtual reality into the real world recently when Sony displayed a beheaded goat carcass at a launch party for God Of War II, a newly released title for the company's PlayStation 2 console. The goat's corpse was featured as the centerpiece of the premiere with his severed head still dangling from his blood-soaked neck by a mere tendril of skin.Guests were even encouraged to partake of animal flesh—deliberately prepared to look like the goat’s intestines—by reaching into the still-warm cadaver’s open neck wound. Partygoers were also invited to use their bare hands to pick up live snakes writhing in a pit, and to eat grapes salaciously dropped by topless young women into their mouths. Held in Athens, Greece within sight of the Parthenon, the celebration’s theme reflected that of the game, in which players must fight and kill fabled monsters from ancient Greek mythology. One of the protagonist’s rewards in the game for cutting off his enemies’ heads and limbs, smashing them with giant hammers, and impaling them on swords is a bacchanalian hot tub tryst with half-naked women whose moans of pleasure can be controlled with the deft touch of a button.

The gory “sacrifice” of an actual goat in a commericalized ritual glorifying domination was clearly meant to advertise the vividly rendered violence that characterizes God Of War II, which has earned the game a rating of M for mature (ages 17 and up). However, this supposed safeguard will not prevent underage gamers in the UK who subscribe to Sony’s official PlayStation magazine from getting an eyeful of the headless goat in the latest issue, which includes a two-page photo spread of the launch party. Though Sony pulled 80,000 copies of this edition from newsstands last weekend, it has already been mailed out to subcribers and cannot be recalled. These vile images only reinforce the message that killing animals and exploiting women is a means to obtaining the power that many impressionable young people seek in playing ultraviolent videogames in the first place. Sony’s public relations arm formally apologized for the grisly gimmick, and vowed that the company will initiate protocols to prevent animals from being slaughtered to promote their products in the future. With over $80 billion in global revenues, the electronics and media giant is one the largest and most profitable corporations on the planet. However, their dominance over so many aspects of the economy and our lives does not give them the right to hype sadistic videogames by killing animals, and caring consumers should let Sony’s top brass know that this is totally unacceptable.

What You Can Do: Write, call, or fax Sony Chairman and CEO Sir Howard Stringer and tell him what you think of this abhorrent publicity stunt. While many readers will be justifiably angered by this unpleasant incident, it is important not to be rude in your communications with Sony. Keep in mind that expressing your outrage in a respectful manner will be much more effective in getting your point across than blindly lashing out with insults.

Sir Howard Stringer, Chairman and CEO
Sony Corporation of America
550 Madison Ave.
New York, NY 10022
Tel: (212) 833-6800
Fax: (212) 833-6956

Dernière édition par le Jeu 7 Juin - 3:17, édité 2 fois
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: infos   Dim 3 Juin - 9:02

News du 11 janvier 2007 : Leaked NRA Pamphlet Targets “Animal Rights Terrorists”. "You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands!"
- NRA President and former Oscar-winning actor Charlton Heston. On December 22nd, a blog called
Wonkette.com [color=black]posted a leaked 27-page fundraising booklet that they said had been produced by [color=#669922]the National Rifle Association (NRA)[color:23df=black:23df]. It was such a bizarre piece of propaganda that many thought it a hoax. However, the pamphlet soon proved to be the genuine article—a highly polished draft of [color:23df=#669922:23df]“Freedom In Peril: Guarding the 2nd Amendment in the 21st Century” [color=black]—mysteriously “stolen” from an NRA office. This NRA pamphlet casts the world’s fate in highly alarmist tones, warning of an imminent and violent clash between a conspiracy of “evil” forces on one side and God-fearing, law-abiding gun owners on the other. The dreaded result: forced disarmament of the entire country, and thus total and irrevocable loss of Freedom, Democracy and Civilization. The NRA’s terrifying demons include shadowy Democrats and their Zionist financiers, mushy-headed “One World Extremists” who want to surrender America to the United Nations, subversive celebrities like [color:23df=black:23df]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosie_O’Donnell Rosie O’Donnell and Katie Couric, the liberal media as a giant devil head coming through the TV screen, and even “Illegal Alien Gangs” of menacing minorities making cryptic hand signs. And, of course, there are also “The Animal Rights Terrorists,” among which are PETA, HSUS and the Fund for Animals.

One can first infer the crimes of the “animal rights terrorists” from the amazing illustration on page 18, which provides a fascinatingly rich level of detail as well as a glimpse into the minds of NRA leaders. The image is fertile with secret symbols, hidden meanings and subliminal messages. In the foreground strides a hairy-legged, Birkenstock-wearing hippie gal carrying a flaming torch and a can of gasoline. She sports a tattoo on her arm that has been described in the blogosphere as “a kitty-cat Satan” or “a kitler, a cat that looks like Hitler.” She is cut off at the neck (implying that these underground agitators are able to hide their faces and identities), and her male co-conspirator wields a baseball bat and a snarling black dog on a leash. This is strange because in this distorted interpretation of Orwell’s “Animal Farm,” activists have apparently succeeded in training all the other animals—cattle, pigs, chickens, owls and an incredible land lobster—to fight for their own liberation without needing to be physically controlled. The beasts’ facial expressions are of anger, outrage and resolve: they know what they are doing, their crimes premeditated. The owl is so gung-ho that she’s flying around with a clutch of dynamite in her talons. (If the NRA opposes evolution, this might be the reason.) Even though the picture is pure fantasy, I think it is an accurate rendering of the NRA’s deepest fears: that the future holds wild packs of pissed-off animals roaming the post-McDonald’s® wasteland seeking vengeance against their bipedal oppressors. Obviously, once animals are freed, they will kill and enslave humans in retribution. Kind of like the old adage that if we didn’t hunt, eat, experiment on and otherwise torture and kill animals, they’d all either die of starvation or take over the world.

In the context of this booklet, this picture is clearly meant to scare readers by painting a dark portrait of animal rights activists as “terrorists”: they are, after all, carrying explosives and other implements of destruction (to presumably blow up a vivisection lab, factory farm and Red Lobster® franchise, in that order). Yet looking past the violent overtones, this is a somewhat inspirational and iconic image that uniquely captures (however inadvertently) something of the movement’s essence: that is, the animals are fighting, as equals alongside humans, for their rights. If only this reflected reality, we could end humanity’s enslavement of other species within a generation. The text mirrors the distorted conception of animal rights activists depicted in the illustration by lumping all animal rights organizations—from the most mainstream to the most radical—into one category, seamlessly morphing from Constitutionally-protected activism to the most hard-core “terrorist” activities in a single sentence:

“(Animal rights groups) run commercials, print propaganda, stage rallies, infiltrate schools with animal rights material, blow up medical labs, burn down buildings, destroy hunters’ property and poison hunters’ dogs—with enough left over to hire top-dollar lawyers if they get caught.” The drawing of a Molotov cocktail, some pipe bombs, and an envelope with a razor blade inside sitting in a pool of blood is supposed to be straight out of PETA’s toolbox: “PETA is linked to a growing network of embedded cells of dangerous people willing to achieve their ends through violence... Many don’t know that PETA wants much more than to take a fishing pole from every child’s hand, take away their pet cats and dogs, ban milk from their breakfast, and shut down all their circuses, zoos and aquariums. PETA wants much more than to take Seeing Eye dogs away from the blind, and take bomb-sniffing dogs away from our airports. PETA wants to stop all medical advancements that use animal research in any way… (Research scientists) receive hate mail, letters loaded with razor blades and rat poison, death threats and bomb threats.”

It seems that America’s precious children are in grave danger of growing up in a world where they might question whether it is ethical to hunt, own or eat animals. Even the great tradition of imprisoning animals and forcing them to perform for our amusement is at stake. The great news for the animal rights movement is that, according to the NRA, we are winning: collectively, animal protection groups comprise a “frightening force” that has already been incredibly effective in achieving our nefarious aims: “Medical research on the verge of breakthrough screeches to a halt. Our most promising labs are shut down…The antihuman, pro-animal frontal assault is broad and pervasive, spanning from political initiatives to indoctrination of schoolchildren to hunter harassment.” The “Animal Rights Terrorists” section ends with a plea “that patriots of financial position pledge to stand with freedom’s fighters forevermore.” Which is the whole point of this booklet, actually. “The Coming Confrontation” (page 3), an introduction co-written by the NRA’s Executive Vice President and Executive Director, claims:

“(The) NRA is the only guaranteed investment for Second Amendment survival, as well as for all the business benefits that come with it. Only the NRA energizes the powerful pro-freedom voting bloc, resulting in election outcomes good for both American gun rights and for American business. Candidates who support the Second Amendment also support you. They're typically pro-business people who fight for free-market issues, from tort and estate tax reform to immigration policy and the global war on terror.... The Second Amendment needs freedom-loving financiers on her side, or she will be drowned in the tsunami of cash flowing from freedom's enemies."

The Real Terrorists. Conspicuously absent from the NRA’s rogues’ gallery of supervillains is al-Qaeda, the global ultraterrorist organization that destroyed the World Trade Center with hijacked airliners, killing thousands of people. You’d think they might have at least merited a chapter called “The Suicide Bombers” or “Allah’s Demonic Army” or something. Interestingly, 9/11 is mentioned only once throughout “Freedom In Peril,” and only in passing. It’s surprising that the NRA doesn’t take these terrorists seriously. Branding animal rights protesters as “terrorists” only serves to minimize the real dangers the public faces from actual terrorists, as well as from pro-NRA militias that stockpile weapons but go unchecked by the FBI. Instead, as the booklet points out, the FBI itself has identified “animal rights terrorists” as the number one domestic threat to the U.S., even though animal activists have not caused a single person’s death.

Dernière édition par le Jeu 7 Juin - 3:26, édité 3 fois
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: infos   Dim 3 Juin - 9:02

The NRA wholly supports the Bush Administration’s War on Terror in that, like those who framed and passed the Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act (AETA), they define animal rights activists across the board as “terrorists” because we endanger corporate profits. “It’s inevitable that terrorists will infest America for generations to come,” they say, as though we are termites and the NRA is the exterminator. It is definitely ironic that a group whose main mission is to promote the use of deadly weapons calls people working to stop violence “terrorists”—and sad that their sensationalistic attacks have so often succeeded.

“The U.N… (has) already been successful in orchestrating gun bans in once-free countries like England, Australia, Canada and South Africa,” the pamphlet says. So what are they implying here: that South Africa was free under Apartheid, which preceded the gun ban in the country, just because everyone could get guns (at least the white people)? The NRA is especially fond of spreading the myth that banning guns will provoke more violent crimes. Yet guns kill more than 30,000 people a year in the U.S., and Americans are three times as likely as Canadians to be fatally shot. A new Harvard study shows that higher homicide rates occur in states with more gun owners. But it doesn’t matter to the NRA. Danger and death are simply the price Americans must pay for living in a still-free country where the Second Amendment reigns supreme.

Our country faces real threats: global warming, war in Iraq (and possibly Iran), corporate hegemony, the national debt, a crumbling education system, institutionalized racism and sexism, the Standard American Diet, etc., etc. Instead of recognizing these problems, the NRA creates boogie monsters to distract attention from issues that actually matter. Their hateful invective against all those who challenge their belief system seems like some symptom of collective mental illness.

“Cold Dead Hands”

Despite the costs, the ideologues at the NRA cling to their fundamentalist interpretation of the Second Amendment: that it means no gun control at all—period. In contrast, most Americans believe that, alongside the “right” to bear arms, we have a more primary right to be safe from violence, and greater gun control would make us safer. Governments have a responsibility to protect their citizens from danger, and most Americans favor limits on gun ownership and use. In a 2004 Gallup poll, 54% of respondents wanted gun laws to be stricter, compared to only 11% who said they should be less strict.

The pamphlet says: “In the minds of those who framed our Constitution, the right to armed self-protection in times of pandemonium was so obvious and innate that it didn’t warrant mention.” So, I guess that means that the less the Constitution has to say about something, the more essential it must be to our way of life. Yeah, that makes sense.

It continues: “That’s why the Second Amendment is brief in language but broad in scope, serving as umbrella protection for lawful use of arms in almost any circumstance.” What are they saying here: that gun owners have the right to shoot people under “almost any circumstance”? What are the limits of these circumstances? Do they include shooting those who challenge strict adherence to a radical interpretation of the Second Amendment?

Such questions are moot to the NRA because they are militantly inflexible about their “right” to buy and use guns without restrictions. They are also trying to preserve a way of life that kills people and animals and places corporate interests above society's. Part of their intent is to redefine freedom so that it means the freedom to make money from the blood of innocent animals and to make a killing selling guns. Firearms are a global multibillion-dollar a year enterprise, one of the biggest moneymaking operations on the planet. The NRA’s connection to the international arms industry gives them a huge financial stake in stopping gun control efforts in the U.S. and abroad.

The political system runs too much these days on money and backroom business deals rather than ethics or trying to improve the state of the world. Increasingly, the pursuit of our “national interest” is becoming the unquestioned protection of corporate profits against any criticism. The NRA and other fanatical pro-business groups will continue to fight for their “right” to go on harming people, animals and the environment, even though in doing so they are violating the rights of billions.

“Happiness is a Warm Gun”

As one of the world’s most powerful lobbying organizations, the four-million-member NRA has so far been able to block almost all legislative efforts to regulate guns. They literally see themselves as the “guardians” not only of the Second Amendment but of freedom itself. In fact, they believe that without unfettered access to guns, Americans would swiftly lose all of our other freedoms.

Yet in the narrative of “Freedom In Peril,” the NRA (oddly enough) consistently portrays gun owners as helpless victims. All the “good” people in the pictures are fighting a losing battle, under siege by insurmountable forces. The NRA argues that guns will protect our freedom when the time comes. But in this booklet that time has actually come, and guns are shown to be completely useless.

Think about it: What good is granny’s handgun supposed to do against seven commandos with automatic weapons (page 13)? (Incidentally, this illustration is allegedly based on an actual event that took place in post-Katrina New Orleans.) How is a shotgun going to enable that dad perched on his rooftop (page 14) to protect his family from the roving hordes coming up the street filled with overturned cars and burned-out houses? And on the final page, next to the Epilogue, the father seems to have just given up: he’s not even holding a gun, just waiting with his wife and son to be engulfed by the encroaching tidal wave that has crested their driveway.

Obviously, guns cannot protect people from what the NRA seems to believe is coming. Actually, the spread of firearms will only bring about chaos that much quicker. Instead of focusing on causative solutions and preventive measures against society’s collapse, their answer is that everyone should have guns: then we’ll all be safe. The pamphlet warns, “If we do not heed the lesson of Katrina—that survival in disaster is ultimately the responsibility of the individual—the next tragedy will almost certainly include further devastation of American freedoms.”

This directly denies that the government has any responsibility to help its citizens during disasters. It also clearly states the NRA’s core philosophy: that it is every man for himself in this world, especially in times of crisis, so you’d better have a gun. The NRA embodies the “You’re either with us or with the terrorists” mentality that came into vogue with the post-9/11 posturing of Bush & Co. If you support gun control, then you’re not with the NRA; therefore, by this simplistic and flawed logic, you must be against them and therefore a “terrorist.”

Now What?

The NRA has held a stony silence on the story behind “Freedom In Peril.”** Some commentators speculate that it was intended as a mailer to the group’s rank-and-file, but it seems more likely that it was designed as a special fundraising tool that could be sent to wealthy donors. The book's epilogue concludes that “victory can no longer be borne solely by the masses,” which means they’re fishing for more than just $25 yearly donations. If they are scaring people without just cause merely as a cynical ploy for money, then they are insulting their constituency, whether it’s Joe Hunter or Billy Billionaire. What is scarier is the thought that this isn’t all about money, and that the heads of this powerful organization actually believe we’re on the verge of an all-out social collapse or apocalypse, and that guns of all things are the solution.

I hold out hope that this pamphlet doesn’t represent the viewpoint of the majority of NRA members, and that most will be offended by it. Some may revoke their memberships, perhaps realizing the need for a less extreme pro-gun organization that sees the logic in regulations. A blogger and gun owner named Buffalo wrote: “My respect for the NRA decreased to almost nil when I read the pamphlet… This piece of crap tarnishes their image and should shame them.”

For all the talk about guns, the key issue “Freedom In Peril” raises for the movement is not necessarily the question of gun control, but rather the ubiquitous spread of the perception that animal rights advocates are—by definition—terrorists. We need to counter this stereotype, but in order to do that we must thoroughly understand how our opponents think. “Freedom In Peril” is therefore something of a gift to the animal rights community because it so blatantly lays out how some of the most extreme extremists perceive us. I think it bears very close study.

What would be really amazing is if the animal rights movement could produce something as visually compelling as “Freedom In Peril.” If there are any great artists out there who are interested in collaborating on something like this, please contact me at [email]mathomas@gmail.com[/email].

* It must be noted that the graphic-novelesque design and artwork for this booklet by Arizona-based draftsman Chris Gall[size=7] are of the highest quality almost throughout, but this is one of my favorite drawings. Given his plethora of high-powered clients and awards, I am curious whether Gall believes the NRA’s ideology or is just prostituting his formidable talent. I did a search for “Freedom In Peril” on the NRA website thinking I would find something that tells their side of the story, but instead got a “0 document(s) retrieved” message. So the NRA is basically pretending this brochure doesn’t even exist, and hoping that this will all blow over soon if they just lay low for awhile. Clearly they are embarrassed about being so exposed. (It must be noted that I conducted the same search on the PETA and HSUS websites and came up with zero results, as well.)
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: infos   Aujourd'hui à 14:57

infos
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 2 sur 13Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Suivant