Partagez | 

L'OREAL

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

Masculin Nombre de messages : 19974

MessageSujet: L'OREAL   Mer 22 Juin - 14:39

L’Oreal Will Be Going Cruelty-Free in 2013!
Posted on June 1, 2007 by Emily
Update: Apparently I’ve really confused a lot of people with this post — L’Oreal will be going cruelty-free in 2013. It has not gone cruelty-free yet. Do NOT buy L’Oreal products unless they are Body Shop products until 2013.

I’m really out of the loop on this one, but I just learned that apparently L’Oreal is working on going cruelty free in the future. I am soooo excited!

Anyway, I think this is great — L’Oreal is a huge animal testing offender and owns a ton of cosmetics companies. According to Wikipedia, L’Oreal owns these companies: Kerastase, Matrix, Mizani, Redken, Garnier, Maybelline, Softsheen-Carson, Biotherm, The Body Shop (though the Body Shop is CCIC-approved — it was bought by L’Oreal last March — it’s kind of a gray area whether it’s cruelty free or not), Cacharel, Diesel Perfumes, Giorgio Armani Parfums and Cosmetics, Guy Laroche, Helena Rubinstein, Kiehl’s, Lancome, Paloma Picasso, Ralph Lauren, Shu Uemura, Victor et Rolf parfums, Dermablend, La Roche-Posay, SkinCeuticals, Vichy Laboratories, Inneov, Ombrelle.

Not only are there lots of people who use L’Oreal products who will no longer be contributing to animal testing, but I’ll get to try L’Oreal products too! I’ve heard great things about Kiehl’s, but never been able to bring myself to try any Kiehl’s products, what with the visions of tortured rats going through my brain when I look at the Kiehl’s logo, so if L’Oreal goes cruelty free I’ll get to try out Kiehl’s products! Also, Ombrelle is supposed to be a graet UVA-blocking sunscreen, and I think there’s a Ralph Lauren perfume I’d like to try as well. This is so exciting!

So, anyway, this article suggests that L’Oreal will begin replacing its animal testing with tests done on engineered human tissue. It’s the in vitro alternative to animal testing taken to a whole new level! It’s been named the “Episkin model” and its administered by a subsidiary called SkinEthic (what a great company — I shall send them fan mail), and it takes human skin reconstructed on collagen and runs tests on that. This will enable L’Oreal to stop using animals to test skin irritancy of “10,000 substances” not on 100,000 rats/rabbits, but on small pieces of human skin in petri dishes. Not only is this more ethical — to use dead human skin instead of live animal skin — but it’s more statistically valid. Animal skin is NOT a perfect substitute for human skin — human skin is the only perfect substitute for human skin.

The only thing that really bugs me about this is that L’Oreal is obviously just coming up with this elaborate in vitro alternative to animal testing because the EU has mandated that European companies must stop testing on animals as of 2013. However, L’Oreal is implying it’s doing it out of the goodness of its heart.

Wait a second — the whole “L’Oreal invented a great alternative to animal testing” thing really bugs me. First of all, in vitro testing has been around for quite a while, and the people at the Center for Alternatives to Animal Testing have been working on in vitro alternatives to animal testing long before L’Oreal got involved. Secondly, as you can see at StopAnimalTests.com, there is an alternative to EpiSkin called EpiDerm, which L’Oreal didn’t invent, which is a similar human skin equivalent (the picture at the top of this post is of EpiDerm).

Interestingly enough, human skin equivalent tests like EpiSkin and EpiDerm have already been validated and accepted in Canada, the EU, and many other western countries, except for the US, where the Interagency Coordinating Committee on the Validation of Alternative Methods (ICCVAM), the EPA, the FDA, and the Consumer Product Safety Commission have opposed it.

Here’s a link to information about EpiSkin and EpiDerm — though it has a really scary mutilated rabbit picture next to a description of how animal tests than EpiSkin and EpiDerm replace — I’m really squeamish about that sort of thing so I didn’t read up on how most skin irritancy tests are done on animals, I unfocused my eyes really fast and just read the bottom of the page. StopAnimalTests.com woudl so be my new favorite website if they didn’t have that sort of picture lurking on the site. Or if at least they were links with warnings on them. Yeesh.

Anyway, overall, I’m really glad L’Oreal willl become cruelty-free. I realize this won’t happen for another few years — it takes a while for large companies to change their production processes — it’s likely cruelty-free L’Oreal products will not be rolled out until 2013 — but it’s a really promising step in the right direction.

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: L'OREAL   Mer 22 Juin - 14:41

June 12, 2011

L’OrEal used to be included on the cruelty-free list. Now I see that it is included on the “do test” list. What happened? ..

..PETA actively campaigned against L’Oréal for some time because of its use of animals in product testing. Eventually, L’Oréal signed PETA’s Statement of Assurance, declaring an end to all animal testing in 1993. Later, rumors led us to question whether L’Oréal had truly renounced animal testing of its ingredients. L’Oréal refused to clarify this issue for us, so we put a notation on our published list of companies that do not test on animals. Until the fall of 2000, no documentation had come to light that indicated that L’Oréal was conducting animal tests, so the company remained on our "don’t test" list (with a notation so that readers could make informed decisions). In November, 2000, PETA was provided with evidence that L’Oréal had requested animal test data on at least one ingredient from a supplier. That same month, we were provided with statements from L’Oréal that confirmed only that it does not test its finished products on animals.

These statements included no mention of ingredient testing. It also came to our attention that Naturewatch, an animal rights group in England, had started a L’Oréal campaign because of its possible testing of ingredients on animals. We faxed the company on two occasions regarding these documents and received no response. So, while we have no definitive evidence that L’Oréal is testing its ingredients on animals, its silence—coupled with the information that we do have—leads us to believe that L’Oréal is probably not cruelty-free. We have, therefore, moved L’Oréal from our "don’t test" list to our "do test" list.

http://www.peta.org/about/faq/LOrEal-used-to-be-included-on-the-cruelty-free-list-Now-I-see-that-it-is-included-on-the-do-test-list-What-happened.aspx
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: L'OREAL   Mer 22 Juin - 14:42

Is L'Oreal cruelty-free yet?
I was looking at a cosmetic catalog yesterday and noted that L'Oreal released some shampoo/conditioner labelled "100% Vegan". It angered me, as they have done so much vivisection in the past, but I looked it up and apparently they plan to be cruelty-free eventually. What's the deal?

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
They will only be cruelty-free once they stop coming up with new formulas all the time. I don't really see it happening sadly.

By all means yell at them. The more people who complain about their lack of ethics the better - maybe they will consider changing if enough people do.
2 years ago Report Abuse 2 people rated this as good
Asker's Rating: Asker's Comment: ;] I'll go do that right now... Not the right answer? Try Yahoo! Search
Search Yahoo! for Search
Related Searches:
l wordl l bean catalog onlinel j smithl arc en ciell a times newspaperl a county fair
There are currently no comments for this question.

* You must be logged into Answers to add comments. Sign in or Register.

Other Answers (2)
by theatre<... Member since:
January 12, 2009
Total points:
241 (Level 1)
Add Contact

Block

no, they are not cruelty free.
=[
2 years ago Report Abuse by RosesInW... Member since:
February 05, 2009
Total points:
234 (Level 1)
Add Contact

Block

No way
They also own body shop now. so boycott body shop

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090205134342AAz73Z0
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: L'OREAL   Mer 22 Juin - 14:43

May 24, 2011

What are Cruelty-Free Products?
Which Products are Cruelty-Free and Where Can You Buy Cruelty-Free Products?
By Doris Lin, About.com Guide
.See More About:cruelty-freevivisectionanimal experimentationveganism

China Photos / Getty Images Sponsored Links
#1 China Wholesale Store
Clothing/Shoes/Handbags/MP4/DVDs/ Cell Phones/Watches/Electronics.
DHgate.com

Top Jeu de la semaine
Ghostbusters le jeu le plus cool des jeux € 4.99/sem.
www.vipmobile-fr.com

Private Label Cosmetics
Creating your brand name cosmetics instant on-line catalog
www.graftoncosmetics.com
Animal Rights Ads
•Animals Care
•Vegan
•Avon Cosmetic Products
•Animals Medical Research
•Animals Testing
The term “cruelty-free product” is generally understood within the animal rights movement as a product that has not been tested on animals by the manufacturer. It’s important to buy cruelty-free products to support companies that are animal-friendly and to boycott companies that still test on animals. Several mainstream cosmetics companies, such as Revlon and Avon, have been cruelty-free for many years.

Federal law requires drugs to be tested on animals, but no law requires cosmetics or household products to be tested on animals unless they contain new chemicals. With so many substances that are already known to be safe, cruelty-free companies can continue to offer new, quality products year after year without testing on animals.

Gray Areas
One of the gray areas is when the individual ingredients might have been tested on animals by a supplier to the manufacturer. Some animal rights activists seek to support companies that do not purchase ingredients from suppliers who test on animals.

Another tricky issue is when a cruelty-free company is owned or acquired by a parent company that tests on animals. For example, The Body Shop is cruelty-free, but was acquired by L’Oreal in 2006. Although The Body Shop still does not test its products on animals, L’Oreal continues to conduct animal testing.

Cruelty-Free v. Vegan
Just because a product is labeled “cruelty-free” does not necessarily mean that it is vegan. A product that has not been tested on animals may still contain animal ingredients.

Companies like Origins and Urban Decay are cruelty-free, and carry both vegan and non-vegan products. The Urban Decay website has a page with vegan products, and if you visit an Origins store, their vegan products are labeled.

Completely vegan, cruelty-free companies include Method, Beauty Without Cruelty, Zuzu Luxe, and e.l.f.

Companies v. Products
It is important to distinguish between whether a specific company tests on animals and whether a specific ingredient or product has ever been tested on animals. To expect that an ingredient has never been tested on animals is unrealistic, because centuries of animal experimentation mean that almost every substance, even those that are natural and generally considered safe, has been tested on animals at some point in history. Instead of focusing on whether an ingredient or product has ever been tested on animals, ask whether the company or the supplier conducts animal testing.

Where can You Buy Cruelty-Free Products?
Some vegan, cruelty-free products, like Method, can be purchased at Costco, Target or mainstream supermarkets. PETA maintains a list of companies that do or do not test on animals, and their list of companies that don’t test on animals has a letter “V” next to the companies that are also vegan. You can also find vegan, cruelty-free products online at stores like Pangea, Vegan Essentials, or Cosmo’s Vegan Shoppe.

saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: L'OREAL   Mer 22 Juin - 15:05

The Ugly Truth Behind the Flowers
Posts Tagged ‘animal cruelty’
L’Oreal’s Cruel Animal Testing Practices
leave a comment »

In the name of vanity, animals are subjected to painful and cruel ingredient testing by L’Oreal. The L’Oreal company does not want to share the fact that thousands of animals are needlessly tortured each and every day in the name of vanity and profit. The L’Oreal company is among the world’s largest beauty companies, but is the worldwide leader in animal cruelty.

Although many of the animals testes by L’Oreal are rabbits, dogs, and cats; they are very much an equal opportunity torturer. L’Oreal seems to have a special preference for rabbits because they are the only animal who can not flush chemicals out of their eyes without using aids like water or their paws. However, dogs and cats that are used often tortured by L’Oreal research as they are taken out of animal shelters. These animals would otherwise be euthanized. Their number comes to approximately 1.1% of dogs and cats euthanized in shelters. It is estimated that in 2010 alone, almost 2.5 million animals were tested in France.

L’Oreal regularly conducts disgraceful eye irritation tests by securing rabbits so they are immobile while substances are dropped into their eyes (rabbits are used because they have no tear ducts and therefore can’t relieve the stinging and pain). Poisoning takes place whereby groups of animals are continually force-fed an ingredient until half of the group dies. Other animals have their skin shaved and scraped until it’s super-sensitive, then the particular chemical is applied to test skin while L’Real researchers make sure that the animal cannot scratch or remove the substance.

It is hard to imagine the pain suffered by these beings. But we all know how sore it can be when we get something in our eye or our skin is scraped – at least we can immediately do something to relieve the pain. Think of what it would be like, if we were unable to touch or stop the pain, not just for a minute or two, but for hours running into days.

It’s simply disgraceful! And I have only briefly mentioned a couple tests – there are a further six animal tests commonly used by L’Oreal.

Thankfully, some countries, such as the United Kingdom, have banned cometic ingredients testing, so L’Oréal had to go elsewhere, such as Japan or the U.S. where animal testing is allowed. However, the sale of products developed via animal testing is NOT banned. So, despite overwhelming public disapproval, L’Oréal continues new product developments via animal testing.

L’Oréal is pretty much the single biggest obstacle to ending cosmetic testing on animals within the United States and the European Union.

Although L’Oreal has vowed to eliminate animal testing by 2013, they seem to simply be undergoing a corporate restructuring so as to contract out their animal testing to subsidiary or contract companies that they control.

Only you can stop L’Oreal from exercising these unnecessary and cruel animal testing practices by:

1.Stop buying their products, especially from L’Oreal Professional.
2.Sign the Petition to Stop L’Oreal Professional’s Cruel Exccessive Animal Testing.
3.Send this post to every salon professional you know and urge them to take the above two actions.
4.Only purchase hair color, cosmetics, or other salon products that are certified as cruelty-free by PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals).
Written by salonhaircolor
November 28, 2010 at 3:31 am
Posted in Uncategorized

Tagged with animal cruelty, animal testing, INOA, L'Oreal, loreal professional
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: L'OREAL   Mer 22 Juin - 15:06

October 3, 2010

alth & Beauty » Rabbits used as Animal Testing!!! =(

OMG! I saw this reblogged on tumblr! It's so sad! Torture! Look at their scared faces!!! =(
This was what it said, and yes I am quoting it,
"This is a picture of an Animal Testing Facility.

The reason they use rabbits for animal testing is because they are the only animal who can not flush chemicals out of their eyes without using aids like water or their paws.

Next time you buy cosmetics or hair spray or anything in the beauty section - choose the brands that are NOT tested on animals.

Don’t be fooled by the fact that this looks like an old photo, this still happens EVERY DAY.

Here’s a hint: Loreal are the worlds biggest cosmetic animal testers, and Garnier isa sub-company of Loreal.

If you have trouble finding out who tests on animals and who doesn’t, google is at your fingertips."

Really? Loreal? Sigh! Oh well, I don't use Loreal anyways, so its all good. Maybe people will see this and stop buying? I don't know. I just hope they find a better way to test products.

saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: L'OREAL   Mer 22 Juin - 15:07

L'Oreal Hair Color73
rate or flag this pageBy scottmitchellfl

L'Oreal Hair Color - Past, Present, and Future

L'Oreal Hair Color has a Rich History but Faces Challenges in the Future - especially in the dynamic professional salon environment where they will have to keep up with new innovators and changing demands from salon professionals. The L'Oreal Company
L'Oreal got its start in hair color as early as 1907. L'Oreal's founder, Eugène Schueller was actually a French chemist who first developed a hair dye formula called Auréole. Today, L'Oreal is a multi-national company which markets over 500 brand and many thousands individual products within the health and beauty industry.

L'Oréal Group has its corporate headquarters in Clichy, Hauts-de-Seine, near Paris. L'Oréal USA is headquartered in New York. The company sells a wide variety of products including:

•hair color
•permanents
•hair styling
•body and skin care
•cleansers
•makeup and fragrances
The company's products are found in a wide variety of distribution channels, from hair salons and perfumeries to hyper - and supermarkets, health/beauty outlets, pharmacies and direct mail.

In the company's last public filing, they had over 60,000 employees worldwide and made $2.6 billion in profit on $19.8 billion in sales. L'Oreal was ranked 353rd in the Fortune Global 500 list.

Challenges in the Professional Hair Color Market
The size of L'Oreal makes it synonymous with "Big Beauty". This presents challenges to overcome as L'Oreal struggles to provide salons with product lines that differentiate the salon experience from the alternative of simply coloring your hair at home. This has been an increasingly tough problem form L'Oreal as they have traditionally diverted once salon-only products to sell through their retail distribution channels like drugstores and department stores. This trend, called salon product diversion, is particularly troublesome for salon professionals who previously paid a healthy premium for the same products and build up loyal clients around the brands. Once the brands are available on-the-cheap from the corner drugstore, the salon professional inevitably loses clients.

This trend of salon product diversion by L'Oreal is not one that is likely to change anytime soon. Indeed less than 15% of their annual revenue comes from their professional channel while the majority of the remaining 85% comes from their retail or consumer business according to their last public filing.

Also, L'Oreal has been facing challenges that it must overcome in their professional hair color business with social and environmental responsibility. As consumers and salon professionals become more conscious of their impact on society and the environment, they are demanding the same from their product manufacturers. L'Oreal has a blemished history of performing animal testing and has been ridiculed by organizations like PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) and other groups for such activities. Also, L'Oreal has a history of racial discrimination in hiring practices and advertising.

As the L'Oreal company continues to enjoy impressive sales growth, company executives have begun to make steps in the right direction. L'Oreal has recently announced that it intends on being cruelty-free by 2013.

L'Oreal INOA
In 2009, L'Oreal introduced it INOA (Innovative No-Ammonia) hair color line as a response to the increasing organic trend in the professional salon market. The INOA line, which has proven to be quite popular, replaces ammonia with an ingredient called etethanolamine which is both colorless and orderless but is still toxic. While stylist and colorist have been happy with INOA and its ability to get the smell of ammonia out of the hair-coloring process; they have been quite disappointed to learn that ammonia is contained in the required pre and post shampoos.

Hair Color Alternatives
While INOA is an excellent product, one more socially conscious and environmentally friendly professional-only salon hair color line is Organic Color Systems. This completely ammonia-free, permanent, salon-only, professional hair color line contains certified organic ingredients and is 100% certified by PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) as being vegan and cruelty-free. The full-color line included 67 intermixable colors and is priced well below the L'Oreal Professional hair colors. Organic Color Systems does not contain any ammonia in any product of its entire line.

Organic Color Systems is a lines that will never be sold in drugstores and is 100% non-diverted. The active ingredient of the color that replaces ammonia is cocamide, a naturally occurring fatty-acid derived from coconut oil. Organic Color Systems is sold exclusively by Organic Salon Systems throughout the United States and Canada.

Providing an alternative to Big Beauty products fills an important niche for the salons that seek to differentiate themselves in a competitive market place.

Other Salon Articles
•Hair Color Mistakes
Getting your hair professionally colored can be a wonderful step to enhancing and highlighting your beauty. For the best results, avoid these Top 10 Hair Color Mistakes While you should not conditioner your...
•Salon Industry Trends For 2011 - 2012
The drive of the socially conscious, more skeptical, consumer will shape the salon industry of 2011 and 2012 Any salon professional, stylist, colorist, or salon owner who has weathered the storm of the salon...
•Organic Hair Dye
Organic Hair Dye should not contain ammonia, parabens, sulfates, formaldehyde, resorcinol, or thioglycolates Organic hair dye, as well as other organic salon products, should be made with Certified Organic...
•L'Oreal Hair Color
L'Oreal Hair Color has a Rich History but Faces Challenges in the Future - especially in the dynamic professional salon environment where they will have to keep up with new innovators and changing demands from...
•Top Salon Business Advice
Interesting in building a business out of your salon? Try watching the big guys to learn from what they are doing. Generally speaking, those entrepreneurs that open their own salon are exceptional artists...
•Salon Hair Color - Preparing for Your Appointment
Make the most of your upcoming salon hair color appointment by following these simple preparation tips. Any salon professional, Hair Stylist, or Hair Colorist will tell you; the fewer variables they have to...
•Ammonia-Free Hair Color Lines
Ammonia-Free hair color leaves the hair healthier and less damaged. But, it is important to know the difference between the different color-lines. Until recently, Organic Color Systems was compared to hair...
•Professional Hair Color
Salon-Only hair color will consistently produce professionally fabulous results. Many of us love to change and enhance the way we look by changing our hair style and, in particular, by altering the color of...
•Salon Only Professional Organics Products
Professional Organics: Any product line used exclusively by salon professionals which are more natural, organic, environmentally friendly, socially responsible, and safer than their alternatives. ...
•Salon Product Diversion
Professional salon-only products are regularly diverted and sold to drugstores and major retailers by their manufacturers who tell salon professionals non-credible stories that the sales are unauthorized and...
•Formaldehyde Free Keratin Treatments - Keragreen and Others
Let's face it. Some of us were born to have frizzy hair. Especially when you live in a region that tends to see more humidity in the air, you're hair will tend to be even more frizzy. What's worse, some of...
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: L'OREAL   Mer 22 Juin - 15:08

June 20, 2011

STOP L'OREAL'S ANIMAL TESTING

PETITON :

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/stop-loreals-animal-testing/

signatures: 492
signature goal: 1,000
post to facebookget the widgettweet thisemail your friends.Target: L'Oreal Corporation
Sponsored by: Cherry Marrone
L'Oréal say: "L'Oréal voluntarily stopped animal testing on its entire range of cosmetic products in 1989."

FactEU legislation requires that newly developed ingredients are tested on animals, where no alternatives exist. FactL'Oréal continue to use newly developed ingredients in their products.

L'Oréal justify their use of animal tested ingredients, claiming that: "Companies manufacturing all types of products containing chemical substances, with no exception, can... only use ingredients which have undergone compulsory safety tests."

This statement leads the consumer to believe that any animal testing has nothing to do with the cosmetics companies, and lays the blame squarely on legislation!

It fails to acknowledge that it is perfectly possible to create cosmetics and associated products using ingredients with an established safety record %u2013 this is how ethical companies such as The Co-op and The Body Shop have adopted 'fixed cut off dates'.
(Taken from Compassinate Shopping http://www.naturewatch.org/shoppingguide/loreal_facts.asp)

FACT: L'Oreal still conducts horrendous tests on helpless animals. Do we really need to inflict terrible suffering on innocent animals so we can have cosmetics? There are many alternatives, safe and harmless, for testing yet L'Oreal lies about torturing animals while they continue to do these tests. Every time you apply make-up think about the pain and suffering it caused , think about a giant corporation lying because they are afraid of the reaction of the public. If they are afraid......let's get it done! Don't buy L'Oreal! less

saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: L'OREAL   Mer 22 Juin - 15:09

, March 15, 2011L'Oreal going cruelty-free in 2013!
I dont know if Im the last to hear this, but having read this article: http://www.livingcrueltyfree.com/2007/06/01/loreal-is-going-cruelty-free/
Im really excited to know that L'Oreal will not be testing on animals in the near future! Smile

In the same vein, my friend has participated in the L'Oreal Brandstorm Competition in which her team has to come up with a great marketing and communication campaign for one of their brands! This is where you and I come in.

Do us a favour by clicking 'Like' on this page: http://www.facebook.com/LOrealBrandstormSG

and then click 'Like' for this group photo! http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150175722212425&set=a.10150175722127425.340829.192595137424&theater
to support Lumiere! Smile

I would really really appreciate this sooo much! Very Happy Thank you! <3
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: L'OREAL   Mer 22 Juin - 15:10

..L’Oreal Going Cruelty-Free in 2013
By Dani On May 12, 2011 · 1 Comment ....THIS IS AMAZING. (<---- C'mon, click it!)

The EU (European Union) is mandating that all companies stop testing on animals by 2013 (this is old news, as it was a decision made in 2003). Because of this amazing news, L’Oreal will stop all animal testing by 2013 to avoid losing their European market. L’Oreal has a lot of companies: Kerastase, Matrix, Mizani, Redken, Garnier, Maybelline, Softsheen-Carson, Biotherm, The Body Shop, Cacharel, Diesel Perfumes, Giorgio Armani Parfums and Cosmetics, Guy Laroche, Helena Rubinstein, Kiehl’s, Lancome, Paloma Picasso, Ralph Lauren, Shu Uemura, Victor et Rolf parfums, Dermablend, La Roche-Posay, SkinCeuticals, Vichy Laboratories, Inneov, Ombrelle.

From the article linked above:

So, anyway, this article suggests that L’Oreal will begin replacing its animal testing with tests done on engineered human tissue. It’s the in vitro alternative to animal testing taken to a whole new level! It’s been named the “Episkin model” and its administered by a subsidiary called SkinEthic (what a great company — I shall send them fan mail), and it takes human skin reconstructed on collagen and runs tests on that. This will enable L’Oreal to stop using animals to test skin irritancy of “10,000 substances” not on 100,000 rats/rabbits, but on small pieces of human skin in petri dishes. Not only is this more ethical — to use dead human skin instead of live animal skin — but it’s more statistically valid. Animal skin is NOT a perfect substitute for human skin — human skin is the only perfect substitute for human skin.

Spread the news! Although L’Oreal isn’t doing this to be nice to the animals, it’s still a step in the right direction. It will also make a bit easier for vegans to find some cost-effective beauty products. Smile I’m pretty stoked!

saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: L'OREAL   Mer 22 Juin - 15:11

30 JUILLET 2010

Il semblerait que L'oreal ait sorti une ligne de soins capillaires entierement vegan denommee Ever Pure.
Il sera meme indique "100% vegan" dessus ainsi que "not tested on animals", ce qui, je suppose, inclut les ingredients ?
PETA est en train de faire pression pour que L'Oreal signe leur document les engageant a ne pas conduire de tests sur les animaux pour les ingredients innovateurs, c'est-a-dire adherer a une politique strictement sans tests sur les animaux, ingredients et produits finis inclus qui couvrirait tous leurs produits.

Je savais que L'Oreal avait investi pas mal d'argent dans la recherche de methodes alternatives aux tests animaux.
Cependant, leurs produits etant toujours bourres d'ingredients chimiques, toujours hors de question que je mette ca sur mon crane ou nulle part ailleurs !

http://living.peta.org/2009/ever-pure-the-vegan-line-by-loreal

A vous de voir si ca vous tente.

saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: L'OREAL   Mer 22 Juin - 15:12

JUNE 22 2011

Ever Pure: The Vegan Line by L'Oreal

.. .."Cruelty-free" and "vegan" are not adjectives that typically pop into the minds of compassionate shoppers when they think of L'Oreal, as the company has yet to sign PETA's statement of assurance that it will never test new ingredients on animals. However, things seem to be changing with the cosmetics giant as it realizes that more and more caring consumers want only bunny-approved products in their medicine cabinets.

Introducing the Ever Pure hair-care line by L'Oreal. With "100% Vegan" emblazoned on the front, these botanical, sulfate-free products come in formulas for every hair type: whether you need to tame frizzies, moisturize dry hair, or infuse volume in fine tresses. L'Oreal indicates on the back of its Ever Pure products that they are not tested on animals.

We are thrilled to see that L'Oreal is focusing on vegan products and hope that it will make the compassionate decision to enact a cruelty-free policy that encompasses all its products. Please take a moment to write to L'Oreal to thank it for marketing products that compassionate people want. Politely ask the company to apply Ever Pure's cruelty-free philosophy to all its products by signing PETA's statement of assurance.

saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: L'OREAL   Mer 22 Juin - 15:14

JULY 24 2011

Loreal "vegan" line?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently read that the Loreal product line, Ever Pure, is labeled "vegan" on the front of the bottle, and is not animal tested. I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are about buying this product? Does buying it sent a message to Loreal that people want vegan/ cruelty free products, or is just giving money to Loreal so they can test their other products on animals? I have discussed this issue with some vegans I know, and this appears to be a difficult question. I am sticking to Kiss My Face, Desert Essence, etc. but I would like to know what everyone else thinks!

If you make the assumption that L'Oreal is not on the verge of going bankrupt and therefore they will continue to test their other products on animals whether you give them money or not, then it should be okay to buy the products that they don't test on animals.

An argument could be made that if they have limited resources (men, machines, advertising budget, etc) and vegans buy non-animal tested products from L'Oreal then they will be diverting L'Oreal's resources from their animal tested products.

But we don't know. Sometimes even after the fact we can't tell the effects of our actions. The same debate was made for fast food companies who made veg*n sandwiches. Some ARAs supported them, some did not. Some companies stopped making the veg*n products. One can only hope they lost money on these products. But we will never know if more purchases would have saved the veg*n products or whether they would have still failed, but not cost the company as much money.

These are examples of the many areas where vegans can not predict the result of their actions.

Sidebar: All grey areas are very interesting topics, but they are grey because they don't have clear answers. Vegans should not beat themselves up over these choices. I have friends who, every time they are together, debate whether they should drive autos because they are knowingly placing small animals and insects at risk. I chime in succinctly "Remember the motto 'Deeds Not Words'. Go help animals and drive slowly if you have to drive." But they tell me even more succinctly to pound sand.

http://animalrightsdiscussion.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=25740
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: L'OREAL   Mer 22 Juin - 15:15

14 JUIN 2011

Même si je me doute que certains vont rigoler, il paraît que cette nouvelle gamme l'Oréal est 100% végan et serait l'oeuvre de la pression de PETA sur la compagnie pour qu'elle abandonne les tests sur les animaux...

Le lien de Peta

http://www.peta.org/living/beauty-and-p … Oreal.aspx

Le site de l'Oréal

http://www.lorealparis.ca/soin-du-cheve … innovation
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: L'OREAL   Mer 22 Juin - 15:16

23 JUILLET 2009

histoire de se mettre Peta dans la poche ou pas, toujours est-il qu'elle est là, et que c'est pas plus mal :
http://living.peta.org/2009/ever-pure-the-vegan-line-by-loreal

http://www.vegnord.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?p=66451
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: L'OREAL   Mer 22 Juin - 15:17

L’Oreal Leads The Charge in Mainstream Vegan Haircare
By Ciara
Posted in: Beauty, Blog, Products

Not that the other vegan haircare brands are not mainstream or fabulous – but I’m talking grocery store, on every corner type mainstream. I discovered L’Oreal EverPure in my mom’s shower when I was getting ready for a trip. I thought for sure I’d read the bottle and it would be some “green” or “pure” gimmick. But lo and behold – the line is completely vegan, and says so on the bottle. Not in small print on the back, not in vague language like “cruelty free”. Nope. Smack dab on the front is it’s amazing vegan status. The line is also sulfate free and full of a bunch of good, natural stuff. And unlike many other grocery store hair products (and unfortunately most other L’Oreal products), L’Oreal EverPure is also free of animal testing. And most importantly, the products were GOOD. I didn’t need a lot of shampoo and the conditioner left my super soft and shiny.

Click this link to try L’Oreal EverPure at Beauty.com and receive free shipping on orders over $25.

Image Property of L’Oreal.

saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: L'OREAL   Mer 22 Juin - 15:19

12 mai 2011

Boycottons BodyShop !

A la mi-mars 2006 s'est produit ce qui a été une leçon pour toutes les personnes qui croyaient encore au capitalisme à visage humain. "The Body Shop", entreprise de cosmétiques arguant depuis 30 ans du refus des tests sur les animaux et de l'utilisation de produits d'origine animale, s'est vendu au bastion de l'expérimentation animale : l'Oréal.

C'est en effet l'Oréal qui a tout fait pour que soit repoussé l'interdiction européenne de l'expérimentation animale pour les cosmétiques en raison de ses immenses intérêts économiques à produire tout et n'importe quoi pour la "beauté féminine". L'Oréal teste sur les animaux tout en prétendant le contraire dans ses communiqués de presse, l'Oréal vend des produits issus de l'exploitation animale.

L'Oréal affirme ne pas tester ses cosmétiques depuis 1989, mais explique de l'autre côté qu'elle cessera l'expérimentation d'ici 20 ans! Comprenne qui pourra... En tout cas Nicolas Hulot comprend, lui, puisque sa fondation est financée par l'Oréal et diffuse le mythe comme quoi l'Oréal "ne teste plus"...

Comme les experts financiers l'expliquent, "L'opération va permettre à L'Oréal de se positionner sur les produits éthiques, en forte croissance, sur lequel il n'était pas présent". Cette démarche cynique de la multinationale est évidemment totalement calculée, puisque l'Oréal avait déjà acheté Skin Ethic, un laboratoire spécialiste des tests sur de la peau fabriquée de manière synthétique. Et l'hypocrisie lucrative de la fondatrice de Body Shop est également de mise : Anita Roddick va jusqu'à prétendre que les amiEs de la cause animale vont se reconnaître dans l'Oréal!

Elle aurait pu le vendre plus cher, mais elle a choisi l'Oréal : "Nous aurions pu nous tourner vers un capital-risqueur qui nous aurait peut-être offert cinq pence (par action) de plus mais je n'en suis pas sûre. Je voulais simplement être certaine que nos salariés seraient heureux (...) et que la communauté dont nous tirons nos revenus sera fière de nous".

La fondatrice de Body Shop a même expliqué : "Laissez-moi vous dire comment font les Français pour vous séduire. Ce sont les plus sacrés séducteurs du monde. Ils sont charmants, ils sont bien élevés, ils vous complimentent et vous flattent."

Le chef depuis 1988 de l'Oréal, Lindsay Owen-Jones, a salué ces déclarations de la fondatrice et s'est montré heureux que l'Oréal "soit le gardien futur de la marque qu'elle a fondée". Les animaux apprécieront - surtout quand on sait que l'Oréal dépense chaque année en "recherches" (donc en tests) ce que les recherches alternatives à l'expérimentation animale ont dépensé en plus de vingt années...

La réaction à cette vente a montré également qu'il y a deux camps. Il y a ceux qui comme la Coalition européenne pour mettre fin à l'expérimentation animale n'appelle pas "pour l'instant" à boycotter The Body Shop, parce que a priori les méthodes éthiques ne seront pas remises en cause. Et il y a ceux qui savent que l'argent ira dans les poches de l'Oréal, qui savent que The Body Shop va avoir accès aux tests et aux programmes de l'Oréal.

Le boycott est ainsi général en Angleterre et notamment appelé par Uncaged ou NatureWatch; une chose totalement normale pour qui n'est pas naïf devant les profits des multinationales et la culture qu'elles engendrent.

Boycottons BodyShop !

A la mi-mars 2006 s'est produit ce qui a été une leçon pour toutes les personnes qui croyaient encore au capitalisme à visage humain. "The Body Shop", entreprise de cosmétiques arguant depuis 30 ans du refus des tests sur les animaux et de l'utilisation de produits d'origine animale, s'est vendu au bastion de l'expérimentation animale : l'Oréal.

C'est en effet l'Oréal qui a tout fait pour que soit repoussé l'interdiction européenne de l'expérimentation animale pour les cosmétiques en raison de ses immenses intérêts économiques à produire tout et n'importe quoi pour la "beauté féminine". L'Oréal teste sur les animaux tout en prétendant le contraire dans ses communiqués de presse, l'Oréal vend des produits issus de l'exploitation animale.

L'Oréal affirme ne pas tester ses cosmétiques depuis 1989, mais explique de l'autre côté qu'elle cessera l'expérimentation d'ici 20 ans! Comprenne qui pourra... En tout cas Nicolas Hulot comprend, lui, puisque sa fondation est financée par l'Oréal et diffuse le mythe comme quoi l'Oréal "ne teste plus"...

Comme les experts financiers l'expliquent, "L'opération va permettre à L'Oréal de se positionner sur les produits éthiques, en forte croissance, sur lequel il n'était pas présent". Cette démarche cynique de la multinationale est évidemment totalement calculée, puisque l'Oréal avait déjà acheté Skin Ethic, un laboratoire spécialiste des tests sur de la peau fabriquée de manière synthétique. Et l'hypocrisie lucrative de la fondatrice de Body Shop est également de mise : Anita Roddick va jusqu'à prétendre que les amiEs de la cause animale vont se reconnaître dans l'Oréal!

Elle aurait pu le vendre plus cher, mais elle a choisi l'Oréal : "Nous aurions pu nous tourner vers un capital-risqueur qui nous aurait peut-être offert cinq pence (par action) de plus mais je n'en suis pas sûre. Je voulais simplement être certaine que nos salariés seraient heureux (...) et que la communauté dont nous tirons nos revenus sera fière de nous".

La fondatrice de Body Shop a même expliqué : "Laissez-moi vous dire comment font les Français pour vous séduire. Ce sont les plus sacrés séducteurs du monde. Ils sont charmants, ils sont bien élevés, ils vous complimentent et vous flattent."

Le chef depuis 1988 de l'Oréal, Lindsay Owen-Jones, a salué ces déclarations de la fondatrice et s'est montré heureux que l'Oréal "soit le gardien futur de la marque qu'elle a fondée". Les animaux apprécieront - surtout quand on sait que l'Oréal dépense chaque année en "recherches" (donc en tests) ce que les recherches alternatives à l'expérimentation animale ont dépensé en plus de vingt années...

La réaction à cette vente a montré également qu'il y a deux camps. Il y a ceux qui comme la Coalition européenne pour mettre fin à l'expérimentation animale n'appelle pas "pour l'instant" à boycotter The Body Shop, parce que a priori les méthodes éthiques ne seront pas remises en cause. Et il y a ceux qui savent que l'argent ira dans les poches de l'Oréal, qui savent que The Body Shop va avoir accès aux tests et aux programmes de l'Oréal.

Le boycott est ainsi général en Angleterre et notamment appelé par Uncaged ou NatureWatch; une chose totalement normale pour qui n'est pas naïf devant les profits des multinationales et la culture qu'elles engendrent.

Boycottons BodyShop !

saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: L'OREAL   Mer 22 Juin - 15:20

Posté 06 février 2007 - 23:17

Article paru dans Lapresse aujourd'hui

La face cachée de L'Oréal

6 février 2007 - 07h18
La Presse
Véronique Bouvier

Teint radieux, cheveux éclatants, peau saine, le message de L'Oréal n'a pas pris une ride. Le géant mondial de l'industrie cosmétique souhaite y rajouter protection de l'environnement, responsabilité envers ses client, et choix éthiques des ingrédients.

Opération marketing ? Non, rétorque Sandrine Michard, VP Communications Corporatives chez L'Oréal Canada. «C'est un travail de fond que l'on fait depuis des années. Mais on a toujours eu comme philosophie d'agir avant de faire savoir.»

L'Oréal figure d'ailleurs dans la plupart des indices boursiers intégrant des critères de développement durable comme ceux de FTSE4Good. «En tant que leader de l'industrie cosmétique, on se doit de montrer l'exemple. L'important est de prendre un engagement et de se commettre par rapport à un objectif.»

Pour le groupe qui compte 19 marques, la diversité n'est pas un mot creux. «Notre filiale canadienne est très représentative avec 42 nationalités pour 1200 employés, souligne Sandrine Michard. On recrute selon le talent et le talent est partout.»

Gérer la diversité, c'est surtout réussir l'intégration des nouvelles marques dans le groupe. «Il y a un énorme respect de la culture des marques. La logique d'acquisition est d'acquérir des entreprises qui sont complémentaires et vont apporter une expertise que l'on n'avait pas à l'interne», dit-elle.

En 2006, L'Oréal a acheté la marque emblématique des «valeurs citoyennes» The Bodyshop, et la compagnie française Sanoflor, spécialisée dans la cosmétique bio et l'aromathérapie.

Selon Sandrine Michard, il n'y a pas eu d'expérience douloureuse.

«Au Canada, en 97, on a acquis Ombrelle et les gens sont encore en place. Ombrelle est toujours considérée comme une marque québécoise, elle a gardé sa personnalité.»

Des tests animaux à la chimie verte

Mais lorsqu'il s'agit du choix des ingrédients des produits et des tests animaux, la controverse n'est jamais très loin.

Et ce, même si l'entreprise ne fait plus de tests de produits cosmétiques sur des animaux depuis 1989 et exige le même engagement de la part de ses fournisseurs.

«Il faut être honnête avec le consommateur, reconnaît la vice-présidente communications corporatives chez L'Oréal Canada. Toute industrie, qui utilise des composants chimiques, sait qu'à un moment donné, ceux-ci ont dû être testés sur des animaux. Pour assurer la sécurité de nos produits, on est obligé d'utiliser ces ingrédients testés.»

Depuis 20 ans, L'Oréal développe des tests alternatifs, axés sur la biologie cellulaire et l'ingénierie tissulaire afin de reproduire la peau humaine. Une filiale du groupe, Episkin, fabrique déjà des kits de peau, reconstruite de façon industrielle, qui permettent des tests in vitro d'ingrédients.

L'Oréal prend les devants. D'ici 2009, les tests de sécurité animaux devront être arrêtés en Europe et les plus complexes, en 2013.

Autre contrainte, la législation eeuropéenne REAC ((Registration, Evaluation an Authorization of Chemicals), a été adoptée en décembre dernier. Elle restreint l'utilisation et la production des substances chimiques afin de protéger la santé des consommateurs et l'environnement.

«Le Canada se calque sur REACH, dit Sandrine Michard. Environnement Canada a lancé tout un processus pour réévaluer 20 000 ingrédients chimiques et regarder leur impact environnemental.»
Voir le sujet de la nouvelle ici: http://www.protection-des-animaux.org/ipb/...c=12592&hl=

L'inquiétude n'est donc pas de mise. «On travaille avec seulement 2000 ingrédients, dont 40 % sont d'origine végétale», dit-elle.

Et le groupe a adopté le concept de la «chimie verte» en 1998, qui établit une liste de 12 critères afin d'évaluer l'impact environnemental de la mise au point des procédés et molécules destinés à la fabrication des produits cosmétiques.

À l'automne dernier, Pro-Xylane, la première molécule issue de la «chimie verte» a vu le jour. Cette molécule anti-âge est obtenue à partir d'un sucre issu du bois de hêtre, le xylose, facilement biodégradable et non écotoxique, explique Alexandre Cavezza, chimiste chez L'Oréal Recherche.

«L'idée était de limiter les déchets dans la composition d'un produit . De réduire la consommation d'énergie et les solvants utilisés», précise Sandrine Michard.

Une approche qui reste coûteuse pour l'entreprise. Même si la nouvelle molécule entre désormais dans la composition des produits L'Oréal commercialisés au Canada, la recherche qui a abouti à Pro-Xylane a duré sept ans. «On n'est pas dans un univers pharmaceutique où on rentabilise les molécules. De notre côté, souvent en deux-trois ans, nos molécules sont obsolètes.»

Une usine qui fait la guerre au gaspillage

Un grand sac rempli de bouteilles en plastique trône au beau milieu de l'usine de L'Oréal Canada. À première vue, rien d'exceptionnel. Mais le big bag, comme l'appelle affectueusement le directeur de l'usine d'origine française, Éric Wolff, n'est pas là par hasard.

C'est qu'il symbolise la lutte au gaspillage dans laquelle s'est engagée l'unique usine de L'Oréal au Canada, depuis 2000. «Le big bag contient des capsules utilisées sur les lignes de production, explique le directeur. Une fois vide, il est renvoyé aux fournisseurs pour être réutilisé.»

Adieu les palettes de bois, le polystyrène, et l'emballage plastique thermoformé.

«On a développé avec nos fournisseurs des emballages navettes, poursuit M. Wolff. Pour les articles de conditionnement que nous recevons par cartons, on déplie les cartons et on les renvoie à nos fournisseurs.» Résultat, le taux de valorisation des déchets tourne autour de 94%.

Cette démarche s'est systématisée aux 42 usines du groupe dans le monde. Mais l'usine de Ville Saint-Laurent, spécialisée dans les produits de coloration pour les cheveux destinés aux salons professionnels, se distingue, précise fièrement le directeur. En 2005, l'usine a reçu le prix du groupe L'Oréal de la meilleure initiative environnementale pour l'efficacité de la récupération de la chaleur de ses eaux de lavage et de ses compresseurs.

«Avec un système de fonctionnement en cascade, on a réduit de moitié le nombre de compresseurs utilisés et de 39 % notre consommation d'électricité totale», dit-il. Et depuis un an, la chaleur, dégagée par les compresseurs, est utilisée pour chauffer l'entrepôt.

Quant à l'eau de lavage, l'usine a mis en place des bassins de rétention où 20 000 pieds carrés de tuyaux d'eau froide sont réchauffés par l'eau chaude récupérée. Selon David Ohayon, directeur Environnement à l'usine, la consommation d'eau a été réduite de 54 % entre 2003 et 2006.

Ces initiatives rapportent, estime Éric Wolff. «Une usine comme la nôtre investit près de 10 millions par an, dont 10 % pour l'environnement. On a un retour sur investissement de l'ordre d'un an.»

Plus remarquable encore à ses yeux, l'implication des 280 employés de l'usine. " Le développement durable est un outil de motivation et de recrutement. Il rentre dans ce qui peut créer un sentiment d'appartenance à l'entreprise. "

L'ORÉAL EN CHIFFRES

- 52 000 employés dans 130 pays

- 42 usines

- 75 centres d'expédition

- 2 rapports de développement durable en 2003 et en 2005 selon les critères du GRI
http://www.lapresseaffaires.com/article/20...ORMER/702060560

http://www.protection-des-animaux.org/ipb/index.php?showtopic=13719
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: L'OREAL   Mer 22 Juin - 15:22

Les marques du groupe l'Oréal (tests sur les animaux)

Auteur Message
Invité
Invité

Sujet: Les marques du groupe l'Oréal (tests sur les animaux) Sam 29 Sep - 23:37

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lancôme

Vichy

Biotherm

La Roche Posay

L'Oréal Paris

Helena Rubinstein

innéov

Garnier

Kiehl's

Skinceuticals

Maybelline New York

shu uemura

Softsheen.Carson

Giorgio Armani

CCB Paris

Ralph Lauren

Cacharel

Viktor & Rolf

L'Oréal Professionnel

Kérastase

Redken

Matrix

Mizani

Skin Discovery

Hair Discovery

Sunshine

The Body Shop (site de e-commerce)

Biotherm (site de e-commerce)

Le Club des Créateurs de Beauté (site de e-commerce)

Dermablend (site de e-commerce)

Giorgio Armani (site de e-commerce)

Kiehl's (site de e-commerce)

Lancôme (site de e-commerce)

shu uemura (site de e-commerce)

http://animaux.ferme.annoncesetanimaux.com/moteur.php?page=82&id_article=193
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: L'OREAL   Mer 22 Juin - 15:23

L’Oréal, l’éthique, et nous...
Les journalistes économiques et les autres se font l’écho, en cette fin de semaine, du rachat par l’Oréal de la firme britannique The Body Shop. Nouvelle acquisition pour l’Oréal, et une des premières dans la catégorie des produits très typés ultra branchés écolos.

Libération nous indique que : « Anita Roddick, Dirigeante de la société anglaise, entend bien continuer à jouer sa partition chez L’Oréal pour modifier les règles dans le domaine des droits de l’homme, de la protection des animaux et de l’environnement ». Libération ajoute encore : « Il y a quelques semaines déjà, l’Oréal annonçait le rachat de SkinEthic, une société française spécialiste de la reconstitution tissulaire de la peau, réputée pour bannir les tests sur les animaux, ­ ce qui ménage la susceptibilité de leurs défenseurs, prompts à pointer du doigt les essais menés par les grandes firmes pharmaceutiques »

Cet acte de foi de l’Oréal à propos du commerce éthique et du respect des droits de l’homme et des animaux serait pour nous réjouir, si dans le même temps, il n’y avait ceci :

Extrait du communiqué du Conseil de la concurrence du 14 mars 2006 :

« Le Conseil de la concurrence sanctionne à hauteur de 46,2 millions d’euros 13 sociétés exploitant des marques de parfums et cosmétiques de luxe ainsi que 3 chaînes nationales de distribution ».
Et entre autres sociétés, il condamne L’Oréal Produits de luxe France à 4,1 millions d’euros d’amende. La marque s’était entendue avec ses distributeurs pour que chaque produit soit vendu au détail à un prix unique, supprimant de ce fait toute possibilité de faire jouer la concurrence entre les points de vente de ce produit.

J’ai relu avec un certain plaisir la charte des valeursde L’Oréal, dont voici un extrait :

Une charte éthique pour diffuser les valeurs et principes d’action de L’Oréal
Respectueux de la personne humaine, de ses consommateurs, de ses partenaires et de son environnement, la culture de L’Oréal repose sur des principes éthiques forts qui ont fondé son développement.
Ces principes ont été formalisés au sein d’une charte éthique rappelant les valeurs fondamentales et les principes d’action auxquels L’Oréal est attaché et qui étaient jusqu’à présent toujours transmis par la parole et par l’exemple.*

Le côté « respectueux de ses consommateurs » me laisse quelque peu dubitatif au regard de la décision du Conseil de la concurrence. Il y a donc un réel problème de respect de la charte, notamment pour ce qui concerne les consommateurs, sans doute une petite erreur de lecture ou bien d’écriture. Il va falloir demander au rédacteur de supprimer les termes "de ses consommateurs" de la charte.

Trop d’entreprises ( cf. l’article sur Auchan publié auparavant) surfent sur le politiquement correct en créant des chartes éthiques. En fait, il s’agit bien trop souvent de vulgaire bout de papier sans valeur, juste un habillage de communicant destiné à séduire les esprits les plus innocents. S’il leur fallait un exemple de la manipulation dont ils sont quotidiennement l’objet, l’Oréal en est une superbe illustration.

Pour être complet et impartial, à noter : L’Oréal a indiqué, mercredi 15 mars dans un communiqué, qu’il "conteste formellement toute accusation d’entente verticale avec les distributeurs de ses marques" et envisage de faire appel de la décision du Conseil de la concurrence.

La suite : challengestempsreel.nouvelobs.com

L’article de Libé : www.liberation.fr

saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: L'OREAL   Mer 22 Juin - 15:24

La France soutient les tests sur les animaux dans l'industrie cosmétique

Vos réactions à ce sujet

"Le site SOS-planete a obtenu l'Award 2002 pour l'ensemble des points suivants : Charte graphique d'une grande qualité, grande qualité du contenu présenté, rapidité d'ouverture, convivialité, rédaction et articles bien faits. L' ensemble du site est bien construit, original, agréable et mérite l'award 2002 de Web Net Visa Service."

*Nos autres awards
Samedi 23 août 2003 (LE MONDE)
Le gouvernement, accusé de protéger L'Oréal et LVMH, a déposé un recours contre une directive européenne interdisant, à partir de 2009, la vente de produits de beauté comprenant des ingrédients chimiques expérimentés sur des êtres vivants. Les défenseurs des animaux préparent des actions.

Les militants de la cause animale soupçonnent le gouvernement français d'être à la solde de l'industrie cosmétique nationale, avec, à sa tête, L'Oréal et LVMH. Nicole Fontaine, ministre déléguée à l'industrie, est en effet à l'origine d'un recours, déposé le 10 juin, qui vise à annuler l'interdiction de vendre en Europe des cosmétiques (crèmes, produits de maquillage...) dont les ingrédients ont été testés sur des animaux. Cette interdiction, qui frappera la majorité des nouveautés cosmétiques à composition chimique, sera effective à partir de mars 2009.

"La France n'a pas compris le texte de la directive 2003/15/CE, et demande à la Cour de justice des communautés européennes, à Luxembourg, de la lui expliquer", affirme le cabinet de la ministre. "La demande d'annulation est purement technique", confirme-t-on à Bercy, où on estime"impossible" de transposer ce texte, en l'état, avant le 11 septembre 2004, dans l'hypothèse "très probable" où "nous ne disposerions pas de toutes les méthodes alternatives aux tests sur les animaux, requises en 2009".
La France est toutefois le seul pays à déceler dans cette loi européenne des "incertitudes juridiques importantes", relèvent les défenseurs des animaux, alors même que la France avait déjà voté contre ce texte lors de son adoption, en janvier 2003 (Le Monde du 18 janvier).
"Le lobby industriel de la cosmétique est particulièrement puissant en France, on le sait, dit Muriel Arnal, de l'association française de protection animale, One Voice (20 000 membres). Il a obtenu que sa cause soit défendue par l'Etat." Paris avait déjà traîné des pieds pour signer, en 2000, la convention européenne sur la protection des animaux vertébrés, pourtant établie quatorze ans auparavant dans le cadre du Conseil de l'Europe.

Le blocage français, révélé par le quotidien britannique The Guardian du 19 août, a déchaîné les défenseurs des animaux. "La difficulté d'interprétation est un écran de fumée", s'énerve Wendy Higgins, de l'association britannique BUAV. "Les mots sont suffisamment clairs (...). Cette interdiction n'empêchera pas les entreprises de commercer ou de mettre au point de nouveaux produits elle restreint simplement la façon dont elles peuvent le faire", explique-t-elle.

DOUBLE DISCOURS

Le gouvernement Raffarin - qui "a évidemment discuté avec les industriels", reconnaît-on dans l'entourage de Mme Fontaine - est accusé par la Coalition européenne pour mettre fin à l'expérimentation animale (ECEAE), qui regroupe les associations nationales de protection des animaux, d'endosser les arguments des ses champions nationaux.

Face aux critiques, Paris défend fermement sa position, et affirme que cette directive stoppera l'innovation cosmétique, créera des distorsions de concurrence avec "des répercussions inévitables en termes d'investissements, de perte de compétitivité mais également d'emplois".

Bras de fer, donc, sur fond de double discours commercial. Les industriels de la cosmétique refusent de dire que les molécules actives, dans leurs produits, ont été expérimentées sur des animaux. Car l'industrie chimique, sous-traitante, ne posséderait pas, à ce jour, les moyens techniques de les tester autrement. Pourtant, depuis dix ans, la plupart des fabricants, tels Clarins, L'Oréal et Lancaster, par exemple, ne se privent pas d'indiquer sur leurs étiquettes qu'ils ont cessé de tester sur les animaux la nocivité toxique ou irritante de leurs "produits finis". Ils utilisent, à la place, des cellules cutanées et oculaires, des peaux reconstruites qui sont des tissus artificiels (mis au point par la recherche chez L'Oréal) et des cornées reconstruites à partir de cultures d'origine humaine.

Mais, pour les ingrédients qui entrent dans la composition du produit fini, les expérimentations continuent. Pour les tests cosmétiques, la France "sacrifie, à elle seule, plus d'animaux que les quatorze autres pays de l'Union européenne réunis", évalue Mme Arnal. Soit environ 38 000 lapins, cochons d'Inde et souris. Une faible proportion au regard du nombre d'animaux utilisés par les industries pharmaceutiques et les lessiviers.
Aujourd'hui, les trois techniques substitutives agréées par l'OCDE et le Centre européen pour la validation des méthodes alternatives (Ecvam) ne sont pas, à elles seules, capables d'assurer la sécurité des consommateurs, fait-on savoir à L'Oréal, qui a investi, en 2002, plus de 460 millions d'euros (3 % du chiffre d'affaires) en recherche et développement.

Il faudrait donc encore du temps. Pour Peter Ungeheuer, secrétaire général de la Fédération européenne pour les ingrédients cosmétiques (Effci), "beaucoup de gens travaillent à la recherche de méthodes substitutives, mais les standards sont très élevés dans les cosmétiques". On n'en saura pas plus. Sa fédération, nouvellement créée, compte "soixante-dix industriels de la chimie", affirme-t-il, mais leurs noms sont protégés pour des raisons commerciales depuis qu'à son tour il a déposé, le 3 juin, un recours devant la Cour de justice pour annuler l'échéance de 2009.

Que penser, alors, d'entreprises comme L'Occitane, Nuxe et The Body Shop, citées en exemple par les défenseurs des animaux, qui plébiscitent les méthodes naturelles et la mémoire des procédés ancestraux. "Ces entreprises se sont engagées à respecter le standard -sans cruauté'' et nous fournissent des attestations montrant que, désormais, ni elles ni leurs fournisseurs ne testent de nouveaux actifs sur des animaux", explique Franck Schrafstetter, responsable de campagne à One Voice.

En attendant l'interprétation de la Cour de justice de ce texte dans deux ans, les lobbies s'agitent et les militants affûtent leurs slogans et préparent des actions pour la rentrée.

Florence Amalou

Une interdiction déjà reportée trois fois...

Le débat sur l'arrêt de la vente en Europe des cosmétiques dont les composants sont testés sur les animaux, soit la quasi-totalité des nouveaux produits, n'est pas récent. Une première directive (35/CE), adoptée le 14 juin 1993, fixait à janvier 1998 l'interdiction effective de vente. Le texte prévoyait que cette date pouvait être repoussée si, en dépit de "tous les efforts raisonnables possibles", les méthodes alternatives susceptibles d'être agréées par l'OCDE étaient en nombre insuffisant. Une deuxième directive (18/CE), adoptée le 17 avril 1997, repousse la date d'entrée en application de l'interdiction afin de laisser davantage de temps aux industriels. Elle fixe au 30 juin 2000 l'arrêt de mise sur le marché de ces produits. Pour répondre aux contraintes scientifiques invoquées par les ! industriels, une troisième directive (41/CE) propose, le 19 juin 2000, de fixer une nouvelle échéance, au 30 juin 2002. Enfin, la récente directive du Parlement européen et du conseil du 27 février 2003 reporte pour la dernière fois l'échéance : 2005 pour les produits "finis", 2009 pour les ingrédients qu'ils contiennent, à l'exception de quelques-uns, qui bénéficient d'un délai de grâce supplémentaire de trois ans.

Les consommateurs contre l'expérimentation

Selon un sondage Ipsos/One Voice, réalisé au début 2003, auprès de 1 016 personnes, 64 % des Français se disent défavorables à l'expérimentation sur des animaux. Cette réponse est intergénérationnelle, et partagée davantage par les femmes (70 %) que par les hommes (58 %). Plus de deux Français sur trois (76 %) fustigent le manque de transparence des méthodes de fabrication, et 73 % estiment que l'information est insuffisante. Enfin, 70 % des gens pensent que l'expérimentation animale n'est pas assez réglementée. Selon un autre sondage BUAV/Co-op/NCompass de juin 2001, les Français sont 59 % à souhaiter que ces tests soient interdits en Europe pour les cosmétiques, contre une moyenne de 74 % dans les autres pays.

Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: L'OREAL   Aujourd'hui à 18:58

L'OREAL
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1