Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
saveallGOD'sAnimals
Admin

Masculin Nombre de messages : 19980

MessageSujet: vegan philospohy   Jeu 4 Avr - 12:55

april the 1st of 2013

Vegan Philosophy

"Veganism isn’t just a strict vegetarian diet; it is a complete philosophical viewpoint. It is practical in outlook, simple to understand and aspires to the highest environmental and spiritual values. I am sure it holds the key to a future lifestyle for a humane planetary guardianship."
Howard Lyman, former cattle rancher, US
(Source: AR Zone interview transcript, 2010)

“Now, at 92, after a life-time of Veganism, Food Reform, Herbalism, Yoga and Quaker belief, I am happy to say that I am still physically and mentally active. Every day, I practice my yoga and meditation. I belong to the national network of “Growing Old Disgracefully” and the University of the Third Age…”
Kathleen Keleny-Williams, vegan since birth, UK
(Source: Vegan Stories edited by Julie H Rosenfield, 2002)

“We believe that veganism is an answer to many ecological problems. The meat industry produces more greenhouse gas emissions than the auto industry… Sea Shepherd promotes veganism as an answer to mitigating our damage to the environment.”
Captain Paul Watson, Sea Shepherd Conservation Society

“Veganism to me is simply knowing that I haven’t been a part of exploiting any living thing for my own purpose.”
Daniel Johns, Silverchair lead singer, Australia
(Source: Vegan Voice magazine, #17, 2004)

“By going vegan, you strengthen our collapsing environment and strike a blow for fairness in the developing world. You improve your health and life expectancy. And you no longer play a part in the abuse of millions of animals.”
Julia Gallateley, founder of VIVA! and author of The Silent Ark

“I chose to adopt a vegan lifestyle for several reasons. For one, a vegan diet is probably the healthiest diet a person can follow. Secondly, a vegan lifestyle is the kindest, most compassionate step an individual can take to reduce animal suffering and environmental destruction.”
Kyenan Kum, from the Korean Animal Protection Society, Korea

"It is the very core of veganism to not support anything that promotes speciesism."
Mark Jordan
(Source: AR Zone Blog, 2010)

“Veganism is something each of us can do to reduce non-human suffering. It’s a boycott against cruelty and injustice. As vegans, we demonstrate that lifestyle is a matter of choice and conscience.”
Joan Dunayer, author of Animal Equality and Speciesism, US

“Being vegan nourishes me physically, spiritually and politically.”
Jim Mason, animal rights author, US

“I actually found it was easier to become vegan than it was to become vegetarian.”
Ken Golding, son of a butcher, UK

“Veganism to me means living the least invasive way on the planet, living humbly within all of Creation, living with respect for all of Creation, and showing a way of life which takes the least of Mother Earth’s resources.”
Alice Shore, International Network for Religion and Animals, Australia

“This is what veganism has to offer, a moral baseline for how we conduct ourselves in the world.”
Harold Brown, former beef and dairy farmer, US

“On a practical level, veganism is a way of demonstrating to others that you can lead a happy and healthy life which does not require the suffering and death of animals.”
Mel Broughton, animal activist, UK

"I can understand that many people consume animals out of ignorance; but how can otherwise kind and thoughtful people know the truth and simply not care enough to change?"
Rosemary A. Amey, Canada

“My life’s mission is to convince as many people as possible to GO VEGAN as soon as possible, by presenting the most compelling information regarding the alleviation of the suffering and murder of innocent animals, improving human health and social conditions, achieving environmental sustainability, etc... And isn’t it the obligation of every parent to explore vegan cuisine as the alternative to condemning his or her child to heart disease, cancer, stroke, diabetes, obesity, osteoporosis, and premature death?”
Bob Linden, creator and host of Go Vegan Radio, US

"Veganism is not just about food, like vegetarianism. It's about the way you live your life: the food you eat, the clothes you wear, the products you use, how you deal with people and everything in your life."
Rowan McCartney, UK

“Veganism is merely a first and minimum standard, not the final or the best standard…. the line drawn is only a minimum standard of decency, not a maximum standard of purity.”
Dan Cudahy
(Source: http://unpopularveganessays.blogspot.com, 2009)

"Being a vegan is a source of pride and personal satisfaction to me... Through changing my lifestyle, I found well-being, balance, happiness, and harmony with nature, animals, other people and, above all, with myself."
Estrella Vilaplana, Spain

“Veganism is in many ways an evolution; not merely a diet choice, but a complete shift in perspective. As one of my favorite Gentle World volunteers said, ‘you can’t be vegan on and off — you’re either vegan or you’re not.’ As I look back over the last 27 years of my life, I wonder how it is that it took me so long to stop being lazy and live my life the way I’ve always said I wanted to: with love, kindness and honesty.”
Alisa Rutherford-Fortunati
(Source: www.GentleWorld.org )

"So many of you have a misconception of the definition of veganism. The media and many so-called “vegan” groups have turned it into a plant-based diet, and some of them say you don’t have to be strictly adherent and still can call yourself a vegan. This is NOT the Truth. Vegans take the rights of other animals seriously, and it is not a matter of convenience for the human, but a matter of justice for other animals."
Marcia “Butterflies” Katz
(Source: http://quotesonslavery.org August 2011)

"What is the point of trying to persuade anyone to go “vegetarian”? Vegetarianism = enslavement, torture, exploitation and slaughter of animals. Why spend our time and resources trying to convince people that is a worthwhile thing to do, instead of waking them up to veganism? The time is now. It has always been now."
Elizabeth Collins
(Source: http://quotesonslavery.org July 2011)

"People say that being a vegan creates a social problem in that others may react negatively. But isn’t that the case if you take a principled position on any issue, whether it’s racism, sexism, heterosexism, violence as a general matter – or speciesism? The key is to educate others about why you take the position."
Gary L. Francione
(Source: http://quotesonslavery.org March 2011)

"So many people will say, “Oh, that’s right, you can’t eat this” in regards to my veganism. Almost as if they’re saying I’d have my vegan club card revoked if I ever dared to consume something non-vegan… (But) it’s not that I can’t eat a burger made out of someone’s flesh, drink a cold glass of someone’s secretions, wear someone’s skin, etcetera – because I could anytime I want. It’s that I choose not to because that would mean I was obviously contributing towards the continuance of an industry that enslaves and uses others to death."
Randy W. Sandberg
(Source: Quotes On Slavery, August 2011)

"With all the evidence available to us about the role of health and food in illness and disease prevention; about the environment and how our food choices here affect the whole world's food supply; about animals and how they are herded into factory farms, where they live a miserable life of servitude before dying for people's consumption: knowing all this, how can we not raise our children vegan? That, in my mind, would be truly unfair."
Melanie Wilson, www.vegetarianbaby.com, US

"Veganism is my stand for world peace."
Barbara DeGrande
(Source: AR Zone blog 2011)

“What veganism is, in essence, is ahimsa, nonviolence, and it is a mentality of radical inclusion – of including all living beings within the sphere of our compassion, without exception. The only way that we can hyperconfine, mutilate, and kill cows, pigs, chickens, fish, and other sentient creatures is by the active and ongoing practice of a mentality of exclusion – excluding them from the sphere of our natural concern and caring. Veganism is the antidote to this, and it means practicing the opposite mentality – a mentality of inclusion.”
Dr Will Tuttle
(Source: AR Zone, Interview Transcript, September 2010)

“Please go vegan. It’s incredibly easy to do. It is the best thing for you and for the planet. And, most importantly, it is the morally right thing to do. We cannot justify killing nonhumans for our trivial purposes, no matter how 'humane' our acts of injustice are.”
Professor Gary L. Francione, US
(Source: www.abolitionistapproach.com © Gary L. Francione)

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

vegan philospohy
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1